Welsh National League 2019/20 Can't Post or Reply Privately

Premier Division
Brickfield Rangers
Brymbo
Castell AC (promoted from Division One)
Cefn Albion
Chirk AAA
FC Nomads
Holywell Town (relegated from Cymru Alliance)
Llanuwchllyn
Llay Welfare
Mold Alexandra
Penycae
Plas Madoc (promoted from Division One)
Queens Park
Rhos Aelwyd
Rhostyllen
Saltney Town

Division One
Cefn Mawr Rangers
Coedpoeth United
Halkyn & Flint Mountain (promoted from North East Wales League, renamed from Flint Mountain)
Hawarden Rangers (relegated from Premier Division)
Johnstown YFC
Lex XI (renaming/takeover of Offa Athletic)
Llangollen Town
Mynydd Isa Spartans
New Brighton Villa
Overton Recreation
Rhosllanerchrugog
Rhydymwyn

August fixtures also out.

League loses Corwen (promoted to FAW Championship North). Airbus and Connah's Quay U19 have moved over to the Reserves & Colts division from the North East Wales League, along with the additions of teams from Johnstown, Llay and Bala.

Offa Athletic are also showing in the Division One table, which I think is a mistake as Lex's twitter implies they were Offa. They've also not been allocated any fixtures.

Presumably Holywell Town's relegation is subject to Bangor's ineligble player charge and possible extra points deduction. Have been given fixtures though so maybe they'll stay down regardless?

As reported elsewhere on this forum, Halkyn & Flint Mountain have moved into Halkyn United's old ground. Ground info for the clubs can be found here

Grounds visited: 297
Last new ground: Mike Riding Ground (Longridge Town)
Next planned fixture: Newcastle U23 v Norwich U23 - PL2D2 - 16/9/19

Callum
Youth Team Sub

Jul 7, 2019, 11:17 AM

Post #2 of 5 (1724 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ipeland] Welsh National League 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Thanks for that Ipeland, managed to get to Rhostyllen and FC Nomads last season, would I be correct in saying only Brickfield, Brymbo and Holywell would have a chance at gaining promotion to Level 2 under the new Regs. Even Cefn Albion wouldn’t be allowed up as they groundshare with Cefn Druids?

Ipeland
First Team Sub

Jul 7, 2019, 4:57 PM

Team(s): Bolton Wanderers, local non-league teams

Post #3 of 5 (1567 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Callum] Welsh National League 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Thanks for that Ipeland, managed to get to Rhostyllen and FC Nomads last season, would I be correct in saying only Brickfield, Brymbo and Holywell would have a chance at gaining promotion to Level 2 under the new Regs. Even Cefn Albion wouldn’t be allowed up as they groundshare with Cefn Druids?

No problem. Brickfield and Holywell both gained tier two licenses last season so I'd imagine there'd be no issues in them going up. Brymbo applied but didn't get it, not sure why but I'd imagine there's still work to do, they've been having vandalism problems too which can't help.

Out of the others, I think Mold might be okay having played in tier two a couple of seasons ago. Queen's Park may be able to use the athletics stadium next door to allow them to go up but I believe they've had problems with grading before. Can't see any reason for Cefn Albion to be blocked looking at the regs, nothing about groundsharing in there so I presume they'd be okay going up. The other grounds would probably need a bit of work doing to them.

Ground regulations for tier two are here if you're interested.

Ipeland
First Team Sub

Jul 13, 2019, 7:13 PM

Team(s): Bolton Wanderers, local non-league teams

Post #4 of 5 (1080 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ipeland] Welsh National League 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

FC Nomads have disappeared from the league table, presume they've folded

Bantam Cymraeg
Chelsea Transfer Target

Aug 5, 2019, 8:34 PM

Team(s): Bradford City

Post #5 of 5 (431 views)
Shortcut

Rhydymwyn have tweeted that they have been handed a late promotion to the Premier Division.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3