Jul 9, 2019, 9:47 PM

Team(s): Norwich City, Yaxley

Post #1 of 23 (2862 views)
Shortcut
Tuesday, 9th July 2019 Can't Post or Reply Privately

PSF
Yaxley 2 Ely City 0

Attendance: 57 h/c

Another productive match for us as our pre-season continues, with a team almost entirely consisting of Reserves and trialists putting in a solid performance. A first half goal from Olly Shackleton was eventually followed by a second half goal from Bradley Page, in a match which felt like it went on for far longer than the 90 minutes it did.

2019/20 stats (including Pre-Season):

New Grounds: 7 (Luton Town, Soham Town Rangers, Holbeach United, St. Neots Town, Biggleswade Town, Didcot Town, Thetford Town)
Games: 16
Goals: 56
Goals Per Game (to 2 dp): 3.50
0-0s: 0

My Blog: https://thetortoisetravels.blogspot.co.uk/

Callum
Youth Team Sub

Jul 9, 2019, 10:01 PM

Post #2 of 23 (2847 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Atavistic] Tuesday, 9th July 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Slough 3 Eastleigh 4
Adm 6 Att374

Entertaining stuff after a slow start. Eastleigh went two up before Slough scored 4 unanswered, unfortunately 2 were scratched out. 2-3 3-3 3-4 , 2 of Eastleighs goal were scored by trialists. Ground is very satisfactory for a new build and location wise easy walk from station and spoons. Ground served own ‘Rebel’ beer plus Rebellion IPA from Keg. Prog available covering all psf games for £1.

PaulC
Man City Transfer Target!

Jul 9, 2019, 10:36 PM

Team(s): AFC Darwen, Troon, Ayr Utd, Burnley

Post #3 of 23 (2787 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Callum] Tuesday, 9th July 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Shetland FA
Fraser Cup semi-final
Ness United 1-1 Lerwick Celtic (5-4 pens)
Boddam Sportsfield, Drumrossness
No admission charge
Attendance 60 (20 or so in cars)

After a beautiful day, when we took the opportunity of visiting Jarlshof, walking up to Sumburgh Head to see the multitude of seabirds, and then traversing the tombolo to St Ninian’s Isle, the evening was decidedly cool with a snell wind blowing in from the NE. Woolly hat and gloves weather for the match. For me at least.

Drumrossness is just 3 miles down the road from where we are staying on the south Mainland and I was given permission to nip down the road to see this match – probably the only one I’ll manage whilst in the land of the simmer dim.

Boddam Sportsfield is enclosed by dry-stane dykes on two sides, with a concrete wall behind one goal whilst the fourth side has car parking, a substantial pavilion and a kiddies’ playpark. It had the feel of a proper football ground. Two sets of stiles are provided for players to retrieve balls from over the dyke.

I have to say I was very impressed by the standard of football served up by these two Division A teams, all played out on an excellent surface. I suppose in such an isolated location, where no player can play at a higher grade than the amateur league, you are going to get some players who, if playing elsewhere, would have the opportunity to play at a higher level. I was also surprised to see a team of three officials controlling the match.

As for the game, Celtic struck me as the better side although Ness have a better league position. Celtic opened the scoring in 15 mins with Ness equalising on 3O minutes with an impressive glancing header from a corner kick.

I’m not sure of the status of the Fraser Cup in the Shetland football calendar but there were plenty of celebrations as the home team booked their place in the final after penalties.

Geofftheref
Ballboy/girl

Jul 9, 2019, 11:13 PM

Team(s):

Post #4 of 23 (2708 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PaulC] Tuesday, 9th July 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

PSF

Wingate and Finchley 0 Stevenage 1

Entertaining stuff for the first pre season game. Stevenage scored in the 14th minute and I expected it to be one or two more. But it remained a very close and entertaining game. Couple of additions up front and Wingate look as though they could be a different prospect this year.

Geoff

cherryhopper
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jul 9, 2019, 11:49 PM

Team(s): AFC Bournemouth, Verwood Town, Sunderland

Post #5 of 23 (2647 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Geofftheref] Tuesday, 9th July 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

PSF @ Huish Park Top Pitch
Yeovil Town Under 18s 1-1 Wincanton Town 1sts
Headcount 130 - F + N

Arrived at 7:25pm to find the game kicked off at 7pm rather than the advertised 7:30Mad. Luckily the game was still scoreless at the time and remained so until the last kick of the first half when the hosts took the lead with a good move culminating in a low ball crossed over from the right met at the far post for a first time finish from the striker wearing lime green boots. Visitors levelled with a free kick 10 minutes into the second half.

Top Pitch is a fully railed pitch at the top of a grass bank behind the away end at Huish Park. Not much else apart from the view of the main stadium and a couple of trees planted on the grass bank to give a bit of landscaping.

barcud-coch
First Team Star

Jul 9, 2019, 11:51 PM

Post #6 of 23 (2643 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cherryhopper] Tuesday, 9th July 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Knighton Town 1 Pegasus Juniors 11

Bryn-y-Castell: Pre-Season Friendly

This was my first visit to Bryn-y-Castell since the latter stages of the 2017/18 campaign before the Radnor Robins withdrew from the MMP with Norman Lloyd Mid Wales League during the early stages of last season. Knighton Town ran for the remainder of last season with just one team, finishing mid-table in the Mid Wales League (South), before taking advantage of one of the vacancies on offer in the MMP with Norman Lloyd Mid Wales League Second Division for the forthcoming term. The Radnorshire club opened their pre-season programme with a 5-2 home defeat at the hands of re-formed Herefordshire FAS County League club Leominster Town. Pegasus Juniors finished bottom of the West Midlands (Regional) League Premier Division last season but gained a reprieve from relegation from step six when they were transferred across to the Hellenic League First Division (West) during the FA’s annual re-shuffle of the pyramid. There had been no noticeably changes to the ground since I was last here in April 2018 but the Radnorshire club would not have to do too much work to meet the tier three criteria if they look to make progress in the domestic pyramid.

The Hereford club opened the scoring in the opening minute when they broke down the left and a low cross was turned past the Knighton Town goalkeeper by one of hos own defenders. Pegasus Juniors doubled their lead courtesy of a header from a third minute corner before seeing a low cross from the right converted three minutes later. The away team had to wait until the 27th minute for their next goal when a low shot on the turn beat the Robins custodian at his near post. A deflected shot from the edge of the Knighton Town penalty area beat the home goalkeeper seven minutes later before adding a sixth goal from a tight angle just a couple of minutes latter. Pegasus Juniors extended their advantage six minutes after the interval when a low shot passed through the goalkeeper's legs and seven minutes later a Pegasus Juniors attacker cut in from the right to beat a defender before firing past the host's goalkeeper at his near post. The Hereford men saw a 72nd minute corner partially cleared before the loose ball was fired over the goalkeeper from the edge of the penalty area before a visiting forward ran through on goal and chipped the ball over the advancing goalkeeper. Knighton Town pulled a goal back in the 82nd minute when Iuean Webb latched on to a through ball and guided the ball past the advancing goalkeeper. The scoring was completed by the visitors in the 82nd minute with a well-placed curling effort from the edge of the host's penalty area.

2019/20 Statistics
Goals: 36
Matches: 7
New Grounds: 2

simonsm
Youth Team Star

Jul 10, 2019, 1:38 AM

Team(s):

Post #7 of 23 (2572 views)
Shortcut
Re: [barcud-coch] Tuesday, 9th July 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Pre-Season Friendly
FC Unsworth 2 Chadderton EDS 4 (HT 0-2)
The Den (aka Unsworth Cricket Club)
Crowd h/c 22
KO 6.38pm
"Hot" drinks available (see later)
Free entrance, no teamsheet or anything like that

This was FC Unsworth's first home game in their first season at Open Age (formed 2017 as youth side). They played a game on Saturday away at Bolton United and lost 3-2

The pitch is marked in the cricket outfield (avoiding the cordoned off wickets), with the boundary rope still present (as it is cricket season still), although the rope was moved slightly to be away from the football pitch edge. It made for great spectator facilities with lots of benches to sit on round three edges of the pitch. In addition, the Pavilion is there with multiple picnic tables outside where you can also get a good view of the game.

The Chadderton team was originally advertised as their Reserves (Step 7 Manchester League), but it was actually their Elite Development Squad (aka U-21s) that will be in the Manchester League Div 3, one division lower than FC Unsworth, who are joining Division 2.

After a bright start for the home side, Chadderton took the lead on 6 mins, and pretty much dominated the 1st half, making it 2-0 on 36 mins, and it finished 2-0 at the break.

So with HT due to be just 5 mins in length, I nipped to the Pavilion Club House to see if there was any refreshments. There is a bar but it was closed. However there was a coffee machine, with hot water option and tea bags available. So being a coffee machine, it only had relatively small cups, wasn't very hot, and was £1 a go. There was a useful lid... but no milk anywhere... Luckily someone had just arrived to open up the bar that apparently opened at 8pm , so they went off to look for some milk for me... If was found after about 5 mins or so... so I did end up missing the start of the 2nd half.

Luckily I got back to my seat in time to see FC Unsworth pull one back... and then start to dominate the 2nd half. They continued to convince they would equalise, until Chadderton broke and scored about 66 mins and then scored again around 73 mins. Unsworth scored their 2nd around 85 mins.

There was lots of car parking behind one goal and my car ended up with a ball-shaped imprint on the bonnet after a mis-placed 2nd half shot.

Overall, very picturesque venue, facilities very good (although an improved tea machine would be better) and a good game.

This was my 9th game of 2019 and 49 goals scored.

(This post was edited by simonsm on Jul 10, 2019, 1:41 AM)

prorege

Jul 10, 2019, 9:22 AM

Team(s): Fife teams

Post #8 of 23 (2312 views)
Shortcut
Re: [simonsm] Tuesday, 9th July 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Friendly
Raith Rovers v Cowdenbeath, 2-1, H.T. 2-1, Att 643 (44 Away), Admission £8 / £4, Programmes available for a donation, Coffee £1.90
At Stark’s Park, Kirkcaldy

I find these sort of games fascinating. They represent an early chance to see and weigh up each team’s new signings and to play the annual game of “guess the trialist”. The first half was really good but the second half was less so with too many substitutions disrupting the pattern of play.

Both teams know exactly what they need to do this season. Raith have been in League One too long and they have had to downsize to a hybrid part time / full time model for this season. Another year without promotion and it will be pure part time football in Kirkcaldy. Cowden want to improve on last season’s lower mid table position and push towards a promotion play off spot. On the basis of what I saw in this game I think Raith will reach the play offs but they will not win League One. Cowden might have to settle for an upper mid table position.

The visitors opened the scoring early on through David Cox. Play swung from end to end and Raith were quickly back on level terms thanks to a cute back heel goal by Lewis Allan. Signed from Hibs, I think he will be a key player for the Rovers – he looks to good for this level. Raith went ahead just before half time when a low ball across goal was knocked in at the back post by Grant Anderson. He is back for a second spell with Rovers and looks to have improved during his exile in Stranraer.

As for the trialists, I quickly worked out who the Cowden number 8 was and he was very impressive. Hopefully he gets signed up pronto. Raith brought on a few – one of them might have been Faissal El Bakhtoui, formerly of Dundee and Dunfermline, but I’m not 100% sure.

I watched from the Main Stand as I usually do at the Starko. The Railway Stand was opened up for the visitors. Raith had produced a programme covering their 4 home pre-season games against Stirling Albion, Hamilton Accies, Spartans and Cowdenbeath. They were available in return for a donation and there was no shortage of them despite this being game 4 of 4. Teamsheets are not issued to the public but I got a photo of the announcer’s which served the purpose perfectly.

I resisted the temptation of a steak pie – I like the catering at Raith but the prices are a bit heavy when used to Junior and East of Scotland League menus. Having just been at the Doctors for the annual MOT I have resolved to lose a bit of weight. Having a pie at every second game rather than every single game should reduce my intake by about 100 which can only be for the good!

Karb
First Team Star

Jul 10, 2019, 10:17 AM

Team(s): Sunderland AFC, Keighley Cougars RL

Post #9 of 23 (2220 views)
Shortcut
Re: [prorege] Tuesday, 9th July 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Pre-season Friendly
Cogenhoe United 4-1 Irchester United
Admission £3, no paper. Att: 45 (H/C)

Aside from the town of Northampton itself, Northants is a county I don't really know well at all. I learned that Cogenhoe is pronounced Cook-no, and is in a very pleasant rural setting. A pre-match pint was had at the Three Horseshoes in Ecton, though it doesn't open til 7pm on a Tuesday, so we had to make do with just the one.

Not sure how much admission should have been - I paid for two of us, "Just give me £6" said the gateman.

The club officials appear to be confident that they are prepared for the forthcoming hop game, but they weren't expecting any hoppers last night. Neither of us are able to attend the hop game, hence our visit last night. Food was only being prepared for players and officials, but none for spectators, though they did prepare some ready for half time after we asked.

The ground has a wooden fence all the way round, covered standing behind the near goal, and a 150 seat stand to the left. There is a bar and a separate tea hatch in the clubhouse.

Irchester started far more brightly than their hosts. It took Cogenhoe 20-25 minutes to get into their rhythm, but from then on they looked the better side. 1-0 up at half time, Cogenhoe added a second in the first minute of the second half and, after that, there was only going to be one winner.

"People do not have moments of truth in station waiting rooms"

Nobody's Heroes
Youth Team Regular

Jul 10, 2019, 10:39 AM

Team(s): Sheffield United, CPD Porthmadog, Ross County

Post #10 of 23 (2174 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Karb] Tuesday, 9th July 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

UEFA Champions League 1st Qualifying Round 1st Leg

The New Saints 2 KF Feronikeli 2

Park Hall Stadium

Admission - £12.50 Programme - £3

Poor game management by the home side saw the Kosovan visitors score after 89 minutes and then deep into injry time to claim an unlikely draw which probably now leaves them as slight favourotes for the second leg next week.

Park Hall seemed relatively full with around 1200 in attendance with a small group of Kosovans / Albanians seated behind the goal where the away side scored their brace.

First half was livened up by a brass band playing intermittently from the main stand in an attempt to create some atmosphere. They were very good if truth be told although listening to the 'Floral Dance' whilst watching a Champions League game did seen a little unreal...but enjoyable non-the-less. The band however packed up at half time and failed to re-appear for the 2nd half which was a shame as their conductor was in the running for man of the match after a tepid first half on the Ligaturf pitch.

Still all to play for but the two away goals scored may prove to be very costly.

LeedsPhil
First Team Star

Jul 10, 2019, 1:31 PM

Team(s): Leeds + groundhopping

Post #11 of 23 (1988 views)
Shortcut
Re: [prorege] Tuesday, 9th July 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I've scraped some barrels in my time, but tonight took the biscuit.
Three possible targets on my radar :
1) Aviemore Thistle v Kingussie in the Strathspey & Badenoch Welfare (a summer league of only 4 teams). Thistle's penultimate home fixture. The other is on Friday. Both sides have struggled to raise an XI several times this season. I saw the reverse fixture a few weeks ago, which was played at Aviemore, but counts as a Kingussie home game on my records, so I still 'need' a home Aviemore Thistle game there.
2) where would Haven play their NESFA fixture? Have seen them at Barclay Park. Their own new ground isn't ready yet.
3) where would Gleniugie Utd play their NESFA fixture? Have seen them at Dales Park. Sometimes they also use Barclay Park, sometimes Ugie Park.
Haven replied mid afternoon to my message, stating at Barclay. OK, so that probably also means Glenugie at their usual Dales. No declaration on any of the SBWFA outlets that Aviemore was off - good good. Have been under pressure to organize a post-work drinks do for Friday. So sent out the invites to that then set off from work at 5pm for the wonderful drive over the tops (via the Lecht ski station and Tomintoul) to Aviemore. Got there - nothing happening. B*gger! Asked in the Leisure Centre. Cancelled due to Kingussie not being able to raise an XI. I have since been told by Aviemore Thistle that they and the ref also only found out after turning up - nobody from Kingussie had informed even them that they'd be crying off. And now I've shut the door on the Friday opportunity to get the tick. B*gger! So I'll have to stay up here at least until next summer, rather than having any thoughts of retiring back down to God's Own County sooner than that.
So had to divert quickly to :

Grantown United 4-1 Boat Of Garten Ospreys
Strathspey & Badenoch Welfare League
at Nethy Bridge, Cairngorms
f&n, h/c 24
A revisit. Which is more than the ref did. I have since been told that he forgot he'd been allocated to this one! Both sides waited and waited, but 20 minutes after the due KO time just got going. The first half hour was reffed by the away team's player(sub)-manager, without a whistle and using his mobile phone in his hand as the stopwatch. The last hour was reffed by a rep from the home team, who by then had found a whistle. 1-0 in the 24th, 1-1 on the half hour. But then Grantown United started to dominate - three further goals in the 57th, 62nd and 72nd won the game and with it this season's title with two games to spare (it's a 12-league-games season).
BoG had arrived with three subs - the manager and two schoolkids. But not with three extra shirts. Two came on having to use the shirt of the off-coming colleagues. Not pleasant.
Last time I'd been here, I'd been chewed to death by the midges. But not tonight. Most unusual for there to be none around. I think they were all still flying back from the midge's festival that had been Forth Wanderers last night.

Got home to find that Haven had sent an update reply at 5:30, stating that theirs had in fact been moved to Ugie Park, which implies Glenugie were occupying Barclay Park. So not only had I had a four-hour round trip drive for just a ref-less revisit, and given up the chance to get the tick done on Friday, but I'd also missed two NESFA ticks (one of them bracketed) too.
SIGH!

dtr1989
Youth Team Sub

Jul 10, 2019, 3:05 PM

Team(s): Bury

Post #12 of 23 (1910 views)
Shortcut
Re: [LeedsPhil] Tuesday, 9th July 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Pre season friendly

FC United of Manchester 3-0 Morecambe
Att: 526
Entrance: £9, programme £2 (full pre season programme)
Broadhurst park

First visit to Broadhurst park, didn't realise it would only take me 20 minutes to get there. Easy to find on a main road into Manchester. Can park on the main road free of charge.
Stadium is excellent for the level (Northern premier league). Scope for expansion in the future. Large paddock stand behind the goal for home supporters.
The first half was pretty edge however against play FC United did some excellent build up play which deserved the goal to break the deadlock. 2nd goal came following a dive from the man mountain of a striker, the free kick was directly smashed in. The third goal came from a cross to said man mountain whos header was saved but he poked in the follow up.

I went on my own, however noticed my cousin was there, also on his own so had a good chinwag throughout. He is an FC fan.

Rebel Yeller
Reserve Team Sub

Jul 10, 2019, 3:29 PM

Team(s): Hopper

Post #13 of 23 (1895 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dtr1989] Tuesday, 9th July 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

PSF

Walton Casuals 5 Fleet Town 2

Entry - free. Programme - no. Attendance - h/c 60. Weather - overcast but warm.

First half was pretty much all Walton. They scored on 5 and 12 minutes and a hatful looked likely. Fleet however steadied the ship and home side profligacy and some good saves by the away keeper meant it was 2-0 at HT.

Second half was a completely different Walton team. They scored a third on 50 and then stopped playing. Fleet spent a period in the ascendancy and scored on 68 and 78. However, just when an unlikely draw seemed possible, the home scored on 86 and 90, the latter a terrible through the hands howler from the Fleet keeper.

Judging on this display, not too many of the Walton second halfers are going to be regulars during the coming season.

Old Man Manc
Junior Team Regular

Jul 10, 2019, 7:23 PM

Team(s):

Post #14 of 23 (1719 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dtr1989] Tuesday, 9th July 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Not a dig in anyway but does £9 seem a bit steep to anyone else for a friendly?

OLD MAN MANC
Miserable
Old
Mancunian
621 games
281 grounds
England, Wales, Scotland, Norway, Eire, Estonia, Northern Ireland, Serbia, Poland, Germany, Hungary, Belgium, Netherlands, Bulgaria, France, Switzerland, Italy, Finland & Sweden.

dtr1989
Youth Team Sub

Jul 10, 2019, 7:28 PM

Team(s): Bury

Post #15 of 23 (1705 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Old Man Manc] Tuesday, 9th July 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Don’t worry, I don’t see it as a dig!

Yes £9 is extortionate for a pre season friendly! My cousin was saying FC United are skint, maybe to make a bit of dosh.

sheffgeoff
First Team Star

Jul 10, 2019, 11:55 PM

Team(s): Colchester United, Stocksbridge Park Steels, Borussia Dortmund & Essex CC

Post #16 of 23 (1494 views)
Shortcut

Pre Season Friendly

The Sports Ground, Bideford

Bideford AFC 0(0) Torquay United 5(2)

Red Shirts & Shorts. Navy Blue Shirts / White Shorts

Attendance 386

Admission £5 Programme £2 Badge £3.50

Pork & Apple Cheeseburger & Chips £4.70 Tea £1

With the A303 and the A361 both behaving I arrived in Bideford nice and early. Parked in the nearby Morrison’s. Signs indicated the three hour restriction does not apply if you enter the car Park after 5pm.

I was impressed with the Sports Ground. It has two good sized stands, a clubhouse, a burger van and proper old fashioned floodlight pylons.The weather was once again glorious and a good number of Gulls fans had made the journey to North Devon.

Once again it was a one sided affair with the visitors winning comfortably. They scored twice in the first half through Duku (17’) and Reid (44’) and added three more after the break with a brace from that man Triallist A again (49’ & 74’) and Koszela (59’).

(This post was edited by sheffgeoff on Jul 10, 2019, 11:58 PM)

Hornchurchspur
Youth Team Regular

Jul 11, 2019, 12:04 AM

Post #17 of 23 (1481 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sheffgeoff] Tuesday, 9th July 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Hunts FA 125 Premier Cup
Huntingdon Town 2 Cambridge City 4
Admission £3 (concession) Attendance c90 (h/c)

A reasonably competitive game in which Huntingdon twice took the lead, the first time in quite bizarre circumstances as City keeper Head managed to slice a clearance into his own net. City responded well with some decent passing leading to their equalisers. After half time and with multiple substitutions on both sides, Huntingdon lost their way slightly allowing City to make plenty of chances with two of them converted to secure a deserved victory.

Jubilee Park is a basic but perfectly adequate facility comprising a large clubhouse behind one goal and areas of covered seating and standing along one side of the pitch. It is in the middle of nowhere in the fields to the north west of the town and, as it is not easily reached by public transport, the large car park at the entrance is probably a necessity.

bd
Youth Team Regular

Jul 11, 2019, 8:09 AM

Team(s): Swindon Supermarine and Reading

Post #18 of 23 (1345 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Hornchurchspur] Tuesday, 9th July 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

PSF
Cirencester Town (2)3-(2)4 Swindon Supermarine
Att: 203
Adults £6.
On duty for SSFC so free entry for myself

A highly entertaining game just down the A419 as we took on one of our local rivals/friends at Cirencester on their 3G Pitch.

Ciren's keeper had a blinder and kept the score respectable for them as it really could have and should have been about 5 or 6-2 at the half. 'Marine gave away 2 sloppy goals, but always looked in control.
We made 7 changes at HT and started the second half brightly scoring a cracker from veteran Dave Bampton before another of the HT subs Joe Shepherd struck the 4th. We then got a bit sloppy again at the end as Ciren's youngsters came on and looked spritely, creating a few chances and pulling a 3rd back before the end.

A good workout for both teams. 'Marine played very well on the 3G. Ciren can rightly feel positive about the game and some of their youngsters for the upcoming season.

No changes at all at The Corinium. It's pretty much as you were from last season. Nice bar and friendly staff and the ground is as you were.
Is it me or does it still seem like it's on a slope?

Digdagdog
First Team Star

Jul 11, 2019, 8:14 AM

Team(s): Melksham Town, Bath Rugby, Wigan Warriors and Lancashire CCC

Post #19 of 23 (1343 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Hornchurchspur] Tuesday, 9th July 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

PSF
Champions Hill
Dulwich Hamlet 0 Colchester United 2
Admission: £12 (on-line ticket - bit expensive methinks!) Paper available Attendance: 564

Glad to tick this one off. Balmy evening and a decent contest. Mirror-image of previous night, where the home team put its strongest team out and matched the professional side. Unlucky not to take the lead with a shot against the post, but to counter that a couple of good saves at the other end meant the turn-round was 0-0.
Second half, the home side's replacements were nowhere near as good as the visitors' and they scored on 52 and 60. Should have had more too whereas the home side offered little.
Loved the ground; good catering (not sampled but smelt good) and I've never been to a game where there was so much casual boozing going on; everybody seemed to have a pint! Shame it was so expensive but I kind of get why...

2018-19 Games: 166 Goals: 611 GPG: 3.68 New Grounds: 96
2019-20 Games: 45 Goals: 178 GPG: 3.96 New Grounds: 29

royals26

Jul 11, 2019, 11:04 PM

Team(s): Reading

Post #20 of 23 (929 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Digdagdog] Tuesday, 9th July 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

PSF

Anstey Park

Alton 3-4 Alresford Town

Adm: 5 & N

Att: H/c 100+

Directions : went out on A327 via Eversley & California for the 19:00 KO but as expected really, were set up to play their PSF v Wok & Emm on the outside pitch; so I carried on S down through Yateley and Blackwater round Farnboro/Aldershot onto A31 and across to Alton - arr just before KO.

Facilities: New covered stand completed since last visit (for a PSF 2 years ago?)
No food available this eve but Bar fully open.

Match:
0-1
0-2

2nd half both sides made wholesale changes - complete 11 and a change of kit colour from electric green to yellow for Alresford. Alton swapped most if not all of their side too.

0-3 pen
1-3
2-3
2-4
3-4

Hosts did well against the 2nd half visitors - didn't get much of the ball in the first period.

Back via Odiham/Hook and then A33 - the route up out of the top of Anstey Lane via Rawlings Lane / Upper Anstey Lane to Old Odiham Rd/Froyle Rd & the junction for the B3349 at what was the Golden Pot (now Kapadokya Meze bar Crazy) is now blocked off permanently.

Indoors close to 22:15

Ipeland
First Team Sub

Jul 15, 2019, 5:20 PM

Team(s): Bolton Wanderers, local non-league teams

Post #21 of 23 (537 views)
Shortcut
Re: [royals26] Tuesday, 9th July 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Atherton Collieries 0-2 Chorley (0-1 HT) at Alder Street
Friendly
Admission: £3 (student), Programme: £1, Tea: £1
Attendance: 340

Up in Salford to go to a friend's wake in the afternoon, decided to visit my Dad and go to a match with him as well. Both teams were promoted last season and a good crowd was in attendance with a decent number of away fans, most of whom didn't seem very optimistic about this season. On the pitch Chorley showed why they were two levels above Colls by earning a fairly comfortable victory, goals came either side of the interval with the visitors also missing a penalty late in the first half. Couple of changes at Alder Street since whenever I last visited, the tea bar now has two hatches instead of being a walk in thing, and the ground is in the process of having a new lick of paint.

Grounds visited: 297
Last new ground: Mike Riding Ground (Longridge Town)
Next planned fixture: Newcastle U23 v Norwich U23 - PL2D2 - 16/9/19

Spennyfan_chris
First Team Sub

Jul 17, 2019, 2:32 PM

Team(s): Spennymoor Town FC & Tokyo Verdy

Post #22 of 23 (459 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ipeland] Tuesday, 9th July 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Pre Season Friendly

West Auckland 0-6 Spennymoor Town (HT 0-2)

Admission - £5 Adult

It was a 6-0 demolishing of Northern League 1st Division Team West Auckland, it was a early goal for The Moors when Adam Boyes scored on the 8th minute, it was 2-0 on the 35th minute when new signing James Roberts scored on the 35th minute to make it 2-0 to Spennymoor, but the goals kept coming in the second half - the returning Gavin Cogdon scored on the 50th minute and then Boyes scored his second goal of the game on the 56th minute with Robert Ramshaw on the 64th and then Andrew Johnson on the 66th made it 6-0 to the Moors, it was a nice run out for the lads.

Football Love - Spennymoor Town FC (National League North) & Tokyo Verdy (JLeague Division 2)

Spennymoor Volunteer & Camera-Man

LondonBuck
Chelsea Transfer Target

Aug 4, 2019, 12:59 AM

Team(s): AFC Telford United, Witham Town, Folkestone Invicta, Gillingham, Woking

Post #23 of 23 (186 views)
Shortcut
Re: [royals26] Tuesday, 9th July 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

ST GEORGE'S PARK
NEWPORT 6 Northwood St John's 1
Friendly
£2 incl nice commemorative programme

I was lucky enough to be on holiday in the vicinity as Newport played their last last ever game at St George's Park, my first visit, and just in time WinkSmile

637 GROUNDS - AFC Fylde(61/92)
582 WETHERSPOONS - Lytham
2 WETHERSPOONS HOTELS - Ripon

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3