Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Non-League Football Discussion: Where did you go?:
Thursday 25th July 2019

barcud-coch
First Team Star

Jul 25, 2019, 10:43 PM

Post #1 of 8 (1921 views)
Shortcut
Thursday 25th July 2019 Can't Post or Reply Privately

Westfields 4 Pegasus Juniors 2

Allpay Park: Pre-Season Fixture

This evening fixture provided me with a second visit to Allpay Park within the space of 48 hours after my first choice fixture at nearby Hinton was sadly cancelled. Westfields continued their preparations for their debut campaign in the Hellenic League Premier Division with what turned out to be a comfortable 6-0 victory over Welsh League First Division visitors Monmouth Town. However, the match was closer than the result sounded and the Kingfishers were unlucky not to find the net themselves or one or two occasions. Tonight’s match is an annual pre-season event, with the two Hereford rivals competing for the Dennis Hartland Memorial Trophy, although in the past the clubs have taken turns to play other clubs for the silverware. This year’s match should be more competitive than recent occasions, with Pegasus Juniors displaying signs of improvement in pre-season, having signed a number of new players. The Old School Lane outfit suffered their first pre-season defeat on Tuesday evening, after going down 6-2 at Shawbury United, when the Hereford club fielded different teams in either half of the match.

The hosts opened the scoring as early as the sixth minute of this local derby when Aidan Thomas latched on a ball played from his own half before beating a defender and the Pegasus Juniors goalkeeper. The visitors were on level terms eight minutes later when George Andrews pounced on some hesitancy in the Westfields rearguard following a quickly-taken goal kick. The home team regained the lead after 20 minutes when a cross from the left found Ben Hayes in space at the far post and he controlled the ball before beating the Pegasus Juniors custodian with a low shot inside hid post. Westfields increased their lead with two minutes left on the clock before half-time when Thomas saw his effort take a wicked deflection off a visiting defender and completely wrong-foot the goalkeeper. The home club added to their tally 16 minutes after the break when Ben Hayes' low cross from the right was converted from close range by Joe Bates. Pegasus Juniors gave themselves a sniff of making a posing a possible comeback when Miles Langford converted a penalty following a foul committed by a Westfields defender but the visitors were unable to force another goal before the final whistle.

2019/20 Statistics
Goals: 99
Matches: 18
New Grounds: 4

simonsm
Youth Team Star

Jul 25, 2019, 11:55 PM

Team(s):

Post #2 of 8 (1869 views)
Shortcut
Re: [barcud-coch] Thursday 25th July 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Pre-Season Friendly
Lytham Town 1 AFC Blackpool 1
Bank Lane (home of BAE Warton of the Lancashire Sunday League)
Crowd h/c 30. KO 7.02 (2 mins late)
Free entrance, No hard standing.
Food and drink available (Tea in Lytham Town mug £1)

This was a nice evening out. I had been in Blackpool all day with my son on his birthday and spent the afternoon in Sandcastle getting soaked. Then on leaving there around 5pm learned that despite the scorching weather, it had not long had a torrential downpour outside. That set the scene for the football later.

Lytham Town are in the West Lancashire League Premier Division (Step 7) having won promotion last season from Div 1 as Champions. Meanwhile visitors AFC Blackpool are step 6 North West Counties League Division 1 North, after finishing mid-table last season. So we were all set for a potentially close encounter.

Lytham Town's ground is actually on Ballam Road in Lytham, and they are sharing with BAE Warton at their Bank Lane home ground while work is ongoing at their regular ground. I've never been to either before - despite living in St Annes (2006-early 2009) and then living in Warton for 6 months in 2009.

The ground is very pleasant. It is on the fringes of the village of Warton, on the Lytham side, and right next to the BaE airstrip. Although I saw no planes taking off or landing, there were some parked within sight of the pitch. That would be very familiar for the visitors AFC Blackpool as they play next door to Blackpool Airport. As well as the football pitch, there is a cricket pitch and a rugby pitch and seems well maintained.

There is a clubhouse, which I thought was a bar, but turned out to be the charging rooms and a food and drink spectator facility. I got a cup of tea in a nice Lytham Town mug for £1. Only gripe was that the milk was next to off, so it wasn't the most enjoyable cup of tea, but it was a nice in theory.

Car parking was good with lots of it in easy distance from all 3 sports pitches.

The match itself at first seemed as though it would go the way of AFC Blackpool. They took the lead on 11 minutes and did look the stronger side with the majority of possession and chances. But Lytham Town grabbed an equaliser on 41 mins to end the half 1-1.

The crowd had built to 30 by the time of the 1st goal and it stayed that until the weather turned about midway through the 2nd half, when during a 10-min downpour, half the fans went home, although I did spot some had gone to the executive suite of their car.

No further goals in the 2nd half, which saw AFC Blackpool field a completely different team in their away kit this time, but Lytham Town more than matched them, and no further goals were scored - both sides came close to getting a winner.

Overall, a great evening.

Digdagdog
First Team Star

Jul 26, 2019, 8:22 AM

Team(s): Melksham Town, Bath Rugby, Wigan Warriors and Lancashire CCC

Post #3 of 8 (1630 views)
Shortcut
Re: [simonsm] Thursday 25th July 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

PSF
Bremhill View
Calne Town 0 Hungerford Town XI 4
Admission: £3 No paper Attendance: c.80

This appeared to be mainly a development XI from the visitors but they had more than enough to win easily against Step 6 hosts. The home side really struggled to keep the ball and to move it forwards in any meaningful way and so created very little in the whole game.
The away side scored four very good goals on 43, 64, 67 and 81; all well taken and slickly set up.
The ground looked good; a summer's rest meant the pitch was top drawer. It was warm and muggy rather than blazing hot.

2018-19 Games: 166 Goals: 611 GPG: 3.68 New Grounds: 96
2019-20 Games: 93 Goals: 366 GPG: 3.94 New Grounds: 51

Bigaitch
Reserve Team Star

Jul 26, 2019, 10:09 AM

Team(s): Nobody in particular

Post #4 of 8 (1546 views)
Shortcut
Re: [barcud-coch] Thursday 25th July 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

More of a case of ‘Where didn’t I go”.....

AZ Alkmaar v BK Häcken in Europa League. Tickets, flights, hotel and hire car all secured and at the airport Wednesday night with Aitch Junior having checked in and it was announced the flight, as with all flights in and out of Schiphol were cancelled for the evening. Apparently a problem with refuelling had caused the issues. Cue 2 members of airport staff trying to deal with a plane load of punters....strange how the only ignorant and rude ones are English....
Came home and started the process of trying to secure refunds....Flights sorted, not going well with the hotel or car hire....deep joy.

Could not be bothered to take in a game elsewhere.

My mood slightly cheered today when I discovered the game finished 0-0!!

Barnsley Dave
First Team Star

Jul 26, 2019, 11:14 AM

Team(s): Barnsley ,non league football,Yorkshire C.C, ,,wherever I lay my hat

Post #5 of 8 (1461 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bigaitch] Thursday 25th July 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Dorking Wanderers 2 Charlton Athletic u-23s 0
Admission £5
Programme £1 44 full colour pages covering the 4 home pre-season friendlies. Printed locally by Barkers it's a really decent programme
Attendance 286
Cheeseburgers £3.50, chips £2, sparkling water £1.30
With the potential for the trains/ weather spoiling my intended destination of the Oval I opted for a first visit to the much refurbished Dorking Wanderers ground and saw a decent game as friendlies go. Parking was easy in the car park above the ground and quite a few eating options in the town if you don't want to avail yourself from Healthy Kitchen inside the ground, though the food I had was tasty enough
Love the views from here with the hills visible from the main stand and the lovely St Martins Church when viewing from the far side
This was the first game of my season as I tend to swerve friendlies in favour of T20 cricket but enjoyed this even though I missed a cracker at the Oval and only had to wait a couple of minutes into the game before a wickedly deflected free kick saw the first goal.
Home by 10.15 as the M25 behaved itself for once
Back to T20 next week Surrey v Kent on Tuesday

Hertspireite
Junior Team Star

Jul 26, 2019, 12:28 PM

Team(s): Chesterfield FC

Post #6 of 8 (1387 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Barnsley Dave] Thursday 25th July 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Pre season friendly at the Carlsberg Stadium, Langford Road, SG19.
Biggleswade FC (Southern League 1 Central - Step 8) 5 - 2 Shefford Town and Campton (Spartan SM 1 - Step 10)
HT score 1 - 2
Admission pay what you want. Attendance HC est 50+
Tea £1.50 Cold drinks £1.20

My first visit to the home of Biggleswade Town FC and Biggleswade FC. Unfortunately my SatNav seemed to think I could just hop off the main carriageway of the Northbound A1 between junctions, as the ground is barely 50 yards to the West of the A1. I doubled back at the next exit and passed Jordan's Mill to find the ground. Ample parking and the overflow car park was not needed. A very smart looking clubhouse with well kept fencing all around.

Shefford were wearing a bright orange away strip, and scored within 10 minutes. Shefford's second goal 5 minutes later was an impressive kick from the halfway line. Biggleswade FC had several shots on target which the Shefford GK did well to keep out. Half time saw Biggleswade FC drawing one back for the score line 1-2.

The second half saw Biggleswade take the lead as they scored another 4 goals. Both teams appeared to tire in the heat and welcomed the scheduled drink breaks.

A nice ground with friendly staff and volunteers, for a thoroughly enjoyable game of football.

2018 -19 season. 7 new grounds.
2019 -20 season 24 new grounds.
Newest ground visited The Van Elle Welfare Ground, Pinxton FC, Derbyshire, Central Midlands Football League South, Level 11

intheshire
Youth Team Regular

Jul 26, 2019, 10:00 PM

Team(s):

Post #7 of 8 (896 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Hertspireite] Thursday 25th July 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

UEFA Europa League
Wolves 2-0 Crusaders
Adm £15, Att 29,708

Wolves looked 'pre-seasony', Crusaders defended superbly. Molineux looked great in the July heat, although maybe those fire rocket things were not necessary when it was 30+ degrees at 19:45. Sat two rows in front of Tito and Jermaine Jackson who were in the exec boxes. You don't get to say that in the Hellenic or West Midlands Regional League as far as I know. If I'm wrong, you'll hear it here first.

Last Ground (245): Brinsford Stadium, Wolverhampton Casuals
2019-20 - 31 games, 31 new grounds

Tim
Man City Transfer Target!

Jul 27, 2019, 9:07 PM

Team(s): Stourbridge, Welton Rovers

Post #8 of 8 (518 views)
Shortcut
Re: [intheshire] Thursday 25th July 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Thorverton 5 Feniton Development 1 (PSF) Att: 26 h/c f&n

The first quarter of this was pretty dull stuff but things improved thereafter, and I really enjoyed the second half, in which the home side banged in all the goals they had threatened to score earlier.

Home is the Recreation Ground, which is in the middle of a lovely village, but sadly, it could be anywhere, with council houses along two sides. Two dugouts to admire, and plenty of benches from which to enjoy the game on a lovely sunny evening.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3