Home: Non Football Related: Other Sports:
How do you record cricket scores?

cope1
Man City Transfer Target!

Jul 27, 2019, 7:58 PM

Post #1 of 3 (367 views)
Shortcut
How do you record cricket scores? Can't Post or Reply Privately

This is one for the stattos. Whereas in most sports.you can list the home team first and the away team second or vice versa - whatever suits, that doesn't work so well in cricket where it makes more sense to show teams in the order in which they bat.

So for those of you who record or report cricket scores, what's your protocol? Do you just do the full length option of stating the fixture and then stating the score, e.g. Middlesex vs Essex: Essex 125-9 Middlesex 130-6? Or do you indicate the home team with "(h)" or some such suffix? Or do you show the home team first and indicated who batted first, or some other option?

(This post was edited by cope1 on Jul 27, 2019, 7:59 PM)

Feversham Lens
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jul 27, 2019, 8:15 PM

Team(s): Not any more

Post #2 of 3 (354 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cope1] How do you record cricket scores? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

My Excel workbook layout (left to right) is: season, date, venue, match (teams, overs, start time), competition, team batting first (with leading run makers and wicket takers), team batting second (ditto), result, points, attendance, programme (yes/no and pagination), notes (mini match report). An asterisk denotes which team won the toss.

(This post was edited by Feversham Lens on Jul 27, 2019, 8:15 PM)

Ropemaker
Man City Transfer Target!

Jul 28, 2019, 3:09 PM

Team(s): Hailsham Town

Post #3 of 3 (247 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Feversham Lens] How do you record cricket scores? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I just record basic info and my Excel columns aren't much different for cricket and football. I omit the crowd column for cricket as they aren't announced much:

Date, Home team, Away Team, Competition, Home Score, Away Score, Crowd, Notes, Venue

For one day games I record the final score and overs for each side e.g 150/9 (20). For first class games just the final scores e.g. 250+300/9d as well as which day I went.

Most of the time details like the match result and who batted first are logical from the scores but if the game was close or a side followed on or the D/L method was involved I'll make a note

Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

(This post was edited by Ropemaker on Jul 28, 2019, 3:19 PM)

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3