Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Non Football Related: General Chat:
Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You

First page Previous page 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 Next page Last page  View All

bmavfc
Reserve Team Sub

Jul 22, 2019, 5:13 PM

Team(s): Aston Villa Peterborough Sports

Post #776 of 805 (3576 views)
Shortcut
Re: [intheshire] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Me too,I link it to them being at so many clubs they donít want to say the wrong one!

reply]Managers, players and pundits constantly referring to "the football club". It grinds my gears every time. It comes across like a pointless attempt to add gravitas to the comment. The word 'football' in this context is redundant, unless somehow you've become unsure which sport is being discussed. It has become endemic over the last maybe two or three years, and it needs to stop!

You don't hear "the cricket club" or "the rugby club" or "the Formula One team".

noprogs
First Team Star

Aug 7, 2019, 6:16 PM

Team(s):

Post #777 of 805 (3372 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bmavfc] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

With the iminent World Cup coming, it reminds me the one thing I can't stand is the haka.
Being from Leeds, I much prefer League to Union, but the haka completely winds me up.
I find it total unmitigated 100% bo*****s.
It's that bad that if they played New Zealand I'd actually want Australia or even France to win.

Dr Love
Chelsea Transfer Target

Aug 11, 2019, 12:07 PM

Team(s): Halifax Town

Post #778 of 805 (3236 views)
Shortcut
Re: [noprogs] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I've just been looking for bus timetables between Devizes and Bradford-on-Avon. It turns out there is one bus a week, which is only really useful to those people from Bradford who want to spend two hours in Devizes on a Thursday morning. Why even bother?

PaulC
Man City Transfer Target!

Aug 11, 2019, 12:28 PM

Team(s): AFC Darwen, Troon, Ayr Utd, Burnley

Post #779 of 805 (3231 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dr Love] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Sticking with bus timetables, out of date timetables cluttering up the interweb.

Tykeoldboy
Chelsea Transfer Target

Aug 11, 2019, 2:53 PM

Post #780 of 805 (3210 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PaulC] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Sticking with bus timetables, out of date timetables cluttering up the interweb.

Anything out of date cluttering up the interweb, but there are people out there that have an interest in out of date timetables so iIm afraid this isn't going into room 101 Laugh

The feeling of utter devastation when you pick up your mug and realise you already finished your tea.

bmavfc
Reserve Team Sub

Aug 11, 2019, 3:46 PM

Team(s): Aston Villa Peterborough Sports

Post #781 of 805 (3194 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tykeoldboy] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Linoís shouting Donít Foul,Donít Foul.yet never never give any other form of coaching!

Fanatic
First Team Star

Aug 12, 2019, 12:41 PM

Team(s):

Post #782 of 805 (3079 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dr Love] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I've just been looking for bus timetables between Devizes and Bradford-on-Avon. It turns out there is one bus a week, which is only really useful to those people from Bradford who want to spend two hours in Devizes on a Thursday morning. Why even bother?

Perhaps its similar to some odd rail services - i.e. only kept in place to satisfy a legal requirement for the existence of a service between A and B.

Also, I would imagine it is timed to coincide with market day in Devizes.

(This post was edited by Fanatic on Aug 12, 2019, 12:43 PM)

Dr Love
Chelsea Transfer Target

Aug 12, 2019, 10:46 PM

Team(s): Halifax Town

Post #783 of 805 (2980 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Fanatic] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

It does indeed coincide with market day in Devizes. And Bradford-on-Avon.

In the end I decided that Bath was a better choice (it was certainly easier to get there), so got the bus there instead and walked back to Devizes.

(This post was edited by Dr Love on Aug 12, 2019, 10:58 PM)

Jaundiced Hack
First Team Star

Aug 16, 2019, 10:31 PM

Post #784 of 805 (2761 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dr Love] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or

Brace yourself for another cliche to piss you right off for the new season.
More than one plankton at the weekend started referring to 'quarterbacks', which presumably means full backs a few centimetres further up the pitch than normal. With every forward now playing 'up top' and a resurgence in 'false number nines', Andy Carroll being a prime example, it will only take a couple of 'Early Doors's' to tip me over the edge as I no longer watch tv football and am struggling with the radio!

dottirofhod

Aug 16, 2019, 11:15 PM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #785 of 805 (2745 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jaundiced Hack] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

You'll give up t'internet next.

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 120 / 101 / 19 / 5 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 02 / 12 / 2019 . Belgium top 5 tiers 0-0-0-(0-1-0)-(0-1-1-2) / Holland top 4 tiers - 0-0-0-(0-0) / Lux top 2 tiers 0 -2. England top 10 tiers - 0. Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

Chris1963

Sep 3, 2019, 3:58 PM

Team(s): Oxford United / Groundhopper

Post #786 of 805 (2561 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

People who grab the front seats on the upper deck of buses to get the best view. Then they spend the journey looking at their smartphones!

splodge
Chelsea Transfer Target

Sep 5, 2019, 12:44 AM

Post #787 of 805 (2463 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jaundiced Hack] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
More than one plankton at the weekend started referring to 'quarterbacks', which presumably means full backs a few centimetres further up the pitch than normal. With every forward now playing 'up top' and a resurgence in 'false number nines', Andy Carroll being a prime example, it will only take a couple of 'Early Doors's' to tip me over the edge as I no longer watch tv football and am struggling with the radio!

Just let me know when you ever hear "free head" I copyrighted that a few years back and charge anyone who says it 50p.

www.twitter.com/splodgey
www.facebook.com/paulsplodgeproctor

jon b
Chelsea Transfer Target

Sep 5, 2019, 8:26 AM

Team(s): SUFC, SWFC etc

Post #788 of 805 (2438 views)
Shortcut
Re: [splodge] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Just let me know when you ever hear "free head" I copyrighted that a few years back and charge anyone who says it 50p.

Is it likely to crop up in commentary?

I mean, what sort of sport are you watching?!

https://www.urbandictionary.com/...php?term=Free%20Head

leohoenig
Administrator

Sep 6, 2019, 11:57 AM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #789 of 805 (2296 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jon b] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

This one may not be random or pointless, but it is not worth another thread

My vacuum cleaner, a five year old Dyson cordless stopped working today, it was not immediately clear if it is the charger or the battery at fault.

The charger states that it charges at two voltages, 24.35 volts and 16.75 volts using different positive connections. I can confirm that the higher voltage is being supplied, but not the other one. The battery output is 22.2 volts.

So I called the Dyson "Technical" Help Desk to ask the question. They had a simple set of tests which said it is possibly the charger, but not 100% so. They can sell me a charger, which I can return - but not while I am in France. When I ask what the charging voltage is, they cannot tell me - nor can they forward the call to someone who actually knows how the equipment works, (probably as such a person lives in Malaysia).

So why cannot a company have a technical support that knows how their devices work, or an on-line manual that states something as simple as the charging voltage?

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

northstandexile
First Team Star

Sep 6, 2019, 1:18 PM

Team(s): Mansfield Town

Post #790 of 805 (2270 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
This one may not be random or pointless, but it is not worth another thread

My vacuum cleaner, a five year old Dyson cordless stopped working today, it was not immediately clear if it is the charger or the battery at fault.

The charger states that it charges at two voltages, 24.35 volts and 16.75 volts using different positive connections. I can confirm that the higher voltage is being supplied, but not the other one. The battery output is 22.2 volts.

So I called the Dyson "Technical" Help Desk to ask the question. They had a simple set of tests which said it is possibly the charger, but not 100% so. They can sell me a charger, which I can return - but not while I am in France. When I ask what the charging voltage is, they cannot tell me - nor can they forward the call to someone who actually knows how the equipment works, (probably as such a person lives in Malaysia).

So why cannot a company have a technical support that knows how their devices work, or an on-line manual that states something as simple as the charging voltage?

Itís a good job it didnít fail after the 31st Oct or the phone call charge would have been higher than buying a charger and a battery.

splodge
Chelsea Transfer Target

Oct 25, 2019, 5:47 AM

Post #791 of 805 (1798 views)
Shortcut
Re: [northstandexile] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Having Cookie acceptance screens popping up all the time when I'm either halfway through reading something or wanting to delve elsewhere from a website

If I click yes once when I go on a website, that should be it, not every subsequent time I go back onto that websiteMad

www.twitter.com/splodgey
www.facebook.com/paulsplodgeproctor

oxpete
Chelsea Transfer Target

Oct 30, 2019, 9:10 PM

Team(s): Pompey

Post #792 of 805 (1343 views)
Shortcut
Re: [splodge] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

"Tourists being scammed for thousands in 'three cup trick'."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/...s-in-three-cup-trick

When the old or the vulnerable are conned out of their money, there should certainly be concern. But when it's mugs like these people?? Jeez!

steveking
Reserve Team Star

Nov 2, 2019, 9:58 PM

Team(s): Ware, Everton, Kingstonian, Leicester, Portsmouth

Post #793 of 805 (1050 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oxpete] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Why anyone is so naive as to fall for these things is beyond me. Westminster bridge nearly always has this sort of thing going on and it diminishes our capital. I don't why they can't be dealt with. Similarly the shacks around the area selling cheap souvenirs of London/Britain.

steve walker
Administrator

Nov 3, 2019, 7:53 PM

Team(s):

Post #794 of 805 (963 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steveking] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I've not read this thread so sorry if its already there.....

The wife stacking the dishwasher. She seems to think that the aim is to fit as much in as possible. I mean plates on top of plates as long as they fit into the dishwasher.

Makes me so grrrrrr and when they happen to come out clean that is even more grrrrrrr

Climate Change
Reserve Team Sub

Nov 8, 2019, 9:00 PM

Post #795 of 805 (632 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steve walker] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

So called 'political experts' on Football Forums.

I don't need Google. I have a Hoddy.

Steve_HFC
Reserve Team Star

Nov 19, 2019, 9:38 AM

Team(s): Portsmouth

Post #796 of 805 (299 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Climate Change] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Football.

Kentish exile
Ballboy/girl

Nov 25, 2019, 5:07 PM

Team(s): Truro City, Gillingham, Miami Dolphins, Castleford, Kent CCC

Post #797 of 805 (199 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Steve_HFC] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

My local putting up the Xmas decorations last Tuesday.

Well, Christmas in general, if i am honest.

Tykeoldboy
Chelsea Transfer Target

Nov 25, 2019, 6:54 PM

Post #798 of 805 (180 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Kentish exile] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

This has probably been mentioned before but a big annoyance with me is teams playing in their change kit when there isn't a clash. Everton v Norwich on Saturday and Everton play in blue shirts with white shorts and Norwich play in Yellow shirts with green trim and green shorts but on Saturday Norwich played in Red. For my age my eye sight is still good so I can distinguish between blue and yellow and I know that away kits are mostly for marketing reasons but most supporters don't buy away shirts, there are expensive enough as it is without buying 2 and clubs trying to sell these fr a few extra £ profit, especially PL clubs, is irritating.

The feeling of utter devastation when you pick up your mug and realise you already finished your tea.

paulh66
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Nov 25, 2019, 7:31 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #799 of 805 (167 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tykeoldboy] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Virgin Trains' talking toilets. They should have lost the franchise for that alone.

And don't get me started on their toilet alarms, beeping out every few minutes to let the whole train know another unsuspecting mug dying for a pee has pressed the wrong button after waiting an eternity for the door to slide shut.

007Dale
First Team Star

Nov 25, 2019, 7:52 PM

Post #800 of 805 (155 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Kentish exile] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
My local putting up the Xmas decorations last Tuesday.

Well, Christmas in general, if i am honest.

The fact that my preferred radio station has, this morning, gone 100% Christmas music - itís only 25th November!!!

Come Christmas Day Iíll want to murder Noddy Holder...

First page Previous page 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3