Under 18s Youth and Academy venues

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Steveb
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jan 29, 2019, 8:51 PM

Team(s): England, Leicester City, Bedfont & Feltham

Post #201 of 223 (9421 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bluelamp] Under 18s Youth and Academy venues [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Hoping to tick Liverpool's Academy this Saturday. Will I have any issues trying to get in?

Should be ok as far as I know, but my only visit there was years ago.

http://stevebthegroundhopper.blogspot.co.uk/

Andy D
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jan 30, 2019, 10:25 AM

Team(s): 1874 Northwich, Forfar Athletic, Castleford RLFC, Lancashire CCC,

Post #202 of 223 (9271 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bluelamp] Under 18s Youth and Academy venues [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Hoping to tick Liverpool's Academy this Saturday. Will I have any issues trying to get in?

I went for an U18 Merseyside Derby in Sept 2017 and had no issues at all, very friendly bunch.

Rules of Groundhopping:

Rule 1 - There are no rules
Rule 2 - See rule 1.....

GroundhoppingFC
Junior Team Regular

Mar 15, 2019, 4:25 PM

Team(s):

Post #203 of 223 (6639 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Andy D] Under 18s Youth and Academy venues [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Are members of the public allowed to watch at Chelsea? I've seen differing reports, with some saying no problems whilst others saying there are difficulties.

https://www.youtube.com/...tbBuesG6DhHNZZM-SVyA
Newest Ground: Haywards Mead (Eton Wick FC)
Amount of Grounds visited: 158

Tommy12317
Reserve Team Sub

Mar 20, 2019, 10:31 AM

Team(s): Folkestone invicta, Ramsgate FC and Jarrow Roofing

Post #204 of 223 (6422 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GroundhoppingFC] Under 18s Youth and Academy venues [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Are members of the public allowed to watch at Chelsea? I've seen differing reports, with some saying no problems whilst others saying there are difficulties.

Yes Standard public will definitely have an issue getting in at Chelsea

Hi all,
Newcastle United programmes & general league & non league programmes wanted?
Anything United or 1966 World Cup Memorabillia wanted?
Thanks

bluelamp
Junior Team Regular

Apr 5, 2019, 8:34 PM

Team(s): Tottenham Hotspur, Enfield Town, Perth Glory

Post #205 of 223 (5886 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Steveb] Under 18s Youth and Academy venues [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Change of venue for Luton U18s tomorrow so now looking at Aston Villa U18s at their training ground. Should I expect any issues getting in?

Fatboyfat
Reserve Team Star

Apr 27, 2019, 10:23 PM

Post #206 of 223 (5329 views)
Shortcut

I went to watch the WBA v Manchester City U18s match today, and was refused entry as Ďmy name wasnít on the listí

Luckily I was still able to watch the game by going next door to the Aston University Sports Ground and watching from a very high vantage point next to the cricket square.

It is still really frustrating when that happens though, isnít it? I felt really sorry for all the Mums and Dads from Manchester who werenít allowed in either.

bluelamp
Junior Team Regular

Apr 27, 2019, 11:05 PM

Team(s): Tottenham Hotspur, Enfield Town, Perth Glory

Post #207 of 223 (5317 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Fatboyfat] Under 18s Youth and Academy venues [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I went earlier in the season to WBA training ground and had no issues getting in. They did say they couldn't see my name on the list and I could see if they'd let me in. I walked towards the pitches and was asked if I wanted a teamsheet and was directed where to go!

pinewoodste
First Team Star

Jul 13, 2019, 9:30 AM

Team(s): Whoever plays Ipswich Town

Post #208 of 223 (4844 views)
Shortcut

One of the few youth games in England I've seen was in August 1996 at Coventry City's Sky Blue Lodge. Does anyone know the grounds address ?

Apparently Alan Higgs Centre wasn't opened until 2004. I cannot work out if the venue at Leamington Road, Ryton-on-Dunsmore might be the place.

Thanks in advance.

AV1960
Youth Team Sub

Jul 16, 2019, 4:07 PM

Team(s):

Post #209 of 223 (4654 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pinewoodste] Under 18s Youth and Academy venues [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
One of the few youth games in England I've seen was in August 1996 at Coventry City's Sky Blue Lodge. Does anyone know the grounds address ?

Apparently Alan Higgs Centre wasn't opened until 2004. I cannot work out if the venue at Leamington Road, Ryton-on-Dunsmore might be the place.

Thanks in advance.= = = = = = = = = = = = = =
It was indeed. The full address is (per the 2000-01 F.A.Premier Academy League handbook):
Sky Blue Lodge, Leamington Road, Ryton-on-Dunsmore, Coventry, CV8 3EL

Witton Ender

Callum
Youth Team Sub

Aug 7, 2019, 8:21 PM

Post #210 of 223 (4287 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AV1960] Under 18s Youth and Academy venues [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Canít seem to find what ground Salford City will be using does anyone have any info? Thanks

Steveb
Chelsea Transfer Target

Aug 7, 2019, 10:16 PM

Post #211 of 223 (4261 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Callum] Under 18s Youth and Academy venues [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Canít seem to find what ground Salford City will be using does anyone have any info? Thanks

Not yet had the new Youth Alliance handbook, but I think theyíre playing at Partington Sports Village.

oftenscore6
Chelsea Transfer Target

Aug 8, 2019, 1:44 PM

Team(s): FCUM, MUFC, Hammarby, St Pauli, Hawthorn (AFL)

Post #212 of 223 (4133 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Steveb] Under 18s Youth and Academy venues [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Anyone planning to go to Huddersfield Town youth and academy, please be aware there's new limitations on public access to the Canalside site and for the moment, only open to the general public on first team matchdays, I believe.

There's also a new show pitch at the back with floodlights, not sure if they intend to use that one instead.

-----------------------------------------------
Last new football ground (968) Dusseldorfer Strasse DSV 1900 1-4 DJK Blau Weiss Mintard
With FC United: 136
On the agenda:
4/12 Hamburg II v Luneburg Hansa
7/12 Fc United v Matlock Town

kizzye
Junior Team Sub

Aug 16, 2019, 2:01 PM

Post #213 of 223 (3812 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oftenscore6] Under 18s Youth and Academy venues [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Does anybody know where Salford City U18s play? Hoping to go there tomorrow morning

Steveb
Chelsea Transfer Target

Aug 16, 2019, 11:16 PM

Post #214 of 223 (3723 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kizzye] Under 18s Youth and Academy venues [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Does anybody know where Salford City U18s play? Hoping to go there tomorrow morning

Scroll up two posts from yours for the answer.

AV1960
Youth Team Sub

Sep 17, 2019, 10:21 PM

Team(s):

Post #215 of 223 (3330 views)
Shortcut

Queens Park Rangers U18 (1) 2 Bolton Wanderers U18 (1) 4
Saturday 14th September, 2019 (10.30 K.O.)
At ICL Heston Sports Ground, Crane Lodge Road, Hounslow, TW5 9PQ
Under 18 Professional Development League

QPR's regular venue for home games is the Imperial College London Sports Ground, part of which seems to have been taken over by QPR for the use of their Academy. This is only a couple of minutes drive from junction 3 of the M4 and the venue boasts a large car park. The current main concern with Under 18 games is access to the grounds but there are no restrictions at all here. Indeed I was pleasantly surprised to find a steward handing out team sheets to spectators during the first half.
Heston Sports Ground is a large site with the ICL website boasting the provision of five full size and two small size football pitches, two rugby pitches, two cricket fields plus provision for tennis and netball.
The 10.30am kick off was slightly earlier than normal in this league and I was getting slightly stressed by Bolton's non arrival (given their recent history) until they pulled into the car park at 9.45am. Other coaches and minibuses followed and by 11am the whole site was bustling with activity.
Bolton's record in this league was Played 4 Lost 4 but an examination of their squad revealed that six of them were on the first team bench at Gillingham on 31/8/19 so the Under 18 side will have been commensurately weakened. Despite QPR's undeserved equaliser on the stroke of half time, Bolton retained control in the second half and played some impressive football in scoring three further goals. QPR's second with the final kick of the match would barely qualify as a 'consolation'.
From Heston it was back to the persistent challenge of the M25 but eventually I arrived in Dorking in good time for my second game of Dorking Wanderers 3 Maidstone United 1 at the new Meadowbank.

Witton Ender

AV1960
Youth Team Sub

Sep 29, 2019, 2:38 PM

Team(s):

Post #216 of 223 (2926 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AV1960] Under 18s Youth and Academy venues [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Lincoln City U18 (3) 5 Huddersfield Town U18 (0) 0
Saturday 28th September, 2019
At Riseholme College Showground Campus, Horncastle Lane, Scampton, LN1 2ZR
EFL Youth Alliance North East

This season's Handbook gives Lincoln City U18's address as the Elite Performance Centre on Heath Lane, Scampton. However, one of the Academy staff was happy to confirm by email that they are in fact playing at their alternative venue of Riseholme College, which is part of the Bishop Burton College.
Any gratitude I felt for this assistance soon dissipated when I realised that the pitch being used was of the 4G variety inside a cage, with no access permitted to spectators. Although there are no permanent spectator facilities, there did seem to be room for Lincoln to have erected a temporary rope and posts arrangement. Sadly they didn't take this option so the 30 or so spectators were forced to peer at the action from outside.
As you enter the Campus, simply bear around to the right and this takes you straight to the pitch which has a car park immediately adjacent. In fact most of those arriving by car totally ignored the marked out parking bays and just positioned themselves pointing straight at the pitch. Drinks seemed to be available from the main Reception building with the College being fairly busy as it was their Open Day for prospective students.
The game itself was effectively decided in the first quarter of an hour, with Lincoln 3-0 up by this point. Although Huddersfield came back into the game more, two further second half goals gave Lincoln a decisive 5-0 win. By the time of the last goal we were 'enjoying' such apocalyptic rain that, added to peering through the cage, it was a struggle to see if the ball had entered the net, much less who had scored.
Afterwards it was a case of dodging the puddles along the A46 en-route to see Cleethorpes hard earned 1-0 victory over Frickley in the F.A.Trophy.

Witton Ender

Dribble!
First Team Sub

Oct 6, 2019, 2:04 PM

Team(s): Ipswich Town

Post #217 of 223 (2463 views)
Shortcut

Poolfoot farm - Fleetwood Town
5 October 2019

Went on Saturday to see an Army Cup Final, spectators very welcome - car park gets full but plenty of off street parking close by. Large changing room block which included a bar cafť plus a hut outside also selling burgers.

As you enter a large pitch on left, used by Fleetwood 1st team. A women's game was on one of the artificial pitches ( this was followed by what looked a veterans game)whilst the Army game took place on the other artificial pitch. Hard standing inside both cages for spectators ( one side only) but no dug outs or any other furniture.

Picnic tables on high grass bank gave you a good view of the game I watched from outside the cage.

As I arrived for a 1230pm kick off, Fleetwood Under 18s were just finishing their game v Carlisle, which was played on one of the outer grass pitches, with a rope up on one side to keep spectators off pitch and on opposite side some seating for the subs of both teams.

Last New ground; Tiptree Heath, Games in 2019/20 Season; 60, New Grounds this Season; 29, Next scheduled game: tbc
http://portmanroadtothesansiro.blogspot.co.uk/

AV1960
Youth Team Sub

Oct 7, 2019, 11:43 AM

Team(s):

Post #218 of 223 (2285 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dribble!] Under 18s Youth and Academy venues [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Portsmouth U18 (5) 6 Newport County U18 (2) 3
Saturday 5th October, 2019
At Roko Health Club, Copnor Road, Portsmouth, PO3 5EW
EFL Youth Alliance

During last season my attempt to visit this venue proved to be a failure when the Under 18's game was switched to Portsmouth University. This time, despite no response from Portsmouth to my email seeking confirmation of the fixture, I took the plunge with a dawn departure and was rewarded with a goal fest. The 11am kick off as per the website proved to be 11.30am and proceedings finally started at 11.37am for no apparent reason, with both teams ready but no match officials to be seen.
As you enter the Roko complex, Portsmouth's training pitches are on the right separated from the car park by tall netting. However, the Under 18s play on another pitch in the far corner of the site which is reached by a footpath between some small size football pitches and some tennis courts. There is a Portsmouth FC sign forbidding access but in fact there was no problem with spectators being admitted. Unfortunately there is very little space along the sides of the pitch so spectators are restricted to watching from behind one goal and even this was only in two small areas which were coned off. It is normal procedure for sides to film games in the EFL Youth Alliance but the lack of space made this difficult. Newport set up a camera behind the goal they were defending but Portsmouth went for the much more modern approach of using a drone. This meant the entire game was played out with a buzzing sound from overhead. Not at all irritating!
Any intending visitors to Copnor Road should note that the pitch is not the best, with many divots in evidence by the end of the game. This didn't prevent both sides looking like they would score with every attack. Portsmouth's 5-2 half time lead was largely thanks to a six minute hat trick from Alfie Stanley and after a quieter second half the final tally was 6-3, although Portsmouth had also hit the woodwork on five occasions.
Despite the later than expected kick off, I was able to reach Hythe & Dibden FC by 2.25pm for their top of the table clash with Downton. Hythe were slightly fortunate to win a very entertaining game by 4-2 with the aid of two own goals.

Witton Ender

leohoenig
Administrator

Oct 7, 2019, 11:52 AM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #219 of 223 (2278 views)
Shortcut

I assume that the complex is the one listed as Civil Service for my Hampshire League visit in 1994

Some ten or more years earlier, I turned up to a Sunday League game there and realised I did not have a coin with me - so I asked the home club for my travelling expenses at the Portsmouth Sunday League rate of 8p/mile. The result was I had a 2p coin and could get the match started.

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

Dribble!
First Team Sub

Oct 16, 2019, 12:52 PM

Post #220 of 223 (1688 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Under 18s Youth and Academy venues [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Got Charlton U18 at Sparrow Lane this Saturday and QPR U23 on Monday lined up

Seems QPR not an issue, have contacted Charlton but no reply- anyone got latest on admittance to Sparrow Lane- understand has been difficult in past

Last New ground; Tiptree Heath, Games in 2019/20 Season; 60, New Grounds this Season; 29, Next scheduled game: tbc

SuperKev!
First Team Star

Oct 16, 2019, 3:51 PM

Post #221 of 223 (1614 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dribble!] Under 18s Youth and Academy venues [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Sparrows Lane is generally okay if you are a red card holder but I understand it can be difficult for the ordinary punter to get in. Iíve certainly seen hoppers trying to watch from a distance through the hedges in the past. They are also a club that seem to go through spells of issuing teamsheets for their U18 games but then not bothering for long periods of time.

Dribble!
First Team Sub

Oct 20, 2019, 1:23 PM

Post #222 of 223 (1270 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SuperKev!] Under 18s Youth and Academy venues [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Sparrows lane - Charlton on Saturday 19/10/19

Phoned up Friday, said public allowed just buzz when you get to gate - arrived and man with a list was on gate- no name on list but he allowed me in!!

Car Park very small and tight, no teamsheets - Under 18 team played on Pitch 5 - closest to car park - under 16 game was on pitch 8, furthest away - G4 pitch

krffji
Youth Team Star

Dec 4, 2019, 10:27 AM

Team(s): Colchester United

Post #223 of 223 (128 views)
Shortcut

Colchester United - Florence Park
Parking restrictions with immediate effect

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2019/december/florence-park-streaming/

Always researching Colchester's amateur town clubs "Before the U's" including identifying and compiling brief biogs of all first team players.
Joint author of Colchester United's Who's Who -(Breedon Books 2008).
Colchester United youth team programme editor 2001 - 2017
Colchester United Essex Senior Cup programme editor 2008 - 2018

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3