First Team Sub

Aug 16, 2019, 11:15 AM

Team(s):

Post #1 of 3 (863 views)
Shortcut
Thursday 15th August Can't Post or Reply Privately

Llangoed v Glantraeth
Gwynedd League

Entering from the south (Beaumaris) the ground is on the left just after entering the village. There is space for car parking, inside the gate. The changing room block had a working tea bar throughout the game. The pitch is railed with block dugouts on the far side. No other furniture, but the grass standing had been cut around the whole pitch (for a change).

Llangoed seem to have dropped the “and District” from their name. It is no longer showing on the club badge.

A pleasant sunny evening on Anglesey and a crowd of 56 witnessed a 6-2 win for Llangoed.

Can you remember who you were, before they told you who you should be?

Tim
Man City Transfer Target!

Aug 17, 2019, 9:57 AM

Team(s): Stourbridge, Welton Rovers

Post #2 of 3 (445 views)
Shortcut
Re: [martin55] Thursday 15th August [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Netherbury 2 Forton Rangers 6 (Reg Eglon Cup) Att: 16 h/c f&n

A comprehensive win for the Purple Pelicans, but they had to work hard for it. Hugely entertaining end to end stuff, and some high quality goals to remember. Home, which is shared with neighbouring Waytown Hounds, is Netherbury Playing Fields in Slape Hill. Permanent dugouts to admire, and a delightful setting in the woods - it reminded me of Stallington Hospital. Homemade cakes and hot drinks were on sale. A lovely sunny evening and an enjoyable match made for a cracking end to my three days of cup football in Dorset - all games were played hard but fair, and I can't recall a single instance of dissent. More soon.

hipkissexpress
Reserve Team Star

Aug 17, 2019, 11:19 PM

Team(s): Everton

Post #3 of 3 (284 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tim] Thursday 15th August [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Gwynedd League
Talysarn Celts 5-3 Ogwen Tigers
Admission by donation, no paperwork
Att: 58 (h/c)

Excellent entertainment with some fine goals scored too. At one stage the visitors did get it back to 4-3 but the homesters were full value for their win and could have had double figures but for the performance of the Tigers 'keeper.

Typical ground for this league, ie no furnitute and a roped off pitch. However there is a tea bar selling drinks and snacks. A pleasant enough spot on the edge of Snowdonia. Not sure it would be so nice if it was pishing down though...

read my inane ramblings at...
Damage in the Box!
http://groundhoppersdiary.blogspot.com/

follow me on twitter @christopher7590

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3