Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Non Football Related: General Chat:
EU Withdrawal Negotiations

First page Previous page 1 ... 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 ... 172 Next page Last page  View All

Yatesman
First Team Star

Aug 18, 2019, 10:22 AM

Team(s):

Post #4126 of 4292 (1195 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [PaulC] EU Withdrawal Negotiations [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Also....Show us the evidence that Scunthorpes woes are Brexit related..........For a start we haven't even left the EU !!!

"The privately owned business is on the brink of collapse, placing 5,000 jobs at risk, as well as a further 20,000 in the supply chain. British Steel has begged the Government for a £30million handout to help it address “Brexit-related issues” and, without urgent intervention, it is set to appoint administrators later today. "
Daily Excess 22/5/19

That is NOT evidence, that is a report in a paper quoting a management propoganda statement

Anyone who knows anything about Scunthorpe Steel knows it was asset stripped after privatisation leaving a £13billion whole in it's pension fund. . Then it was bought by Greybull capital who bought it cheap and then raided it's bank account to the tune of £250,000 per month for 'management fees'.

EU emissions rules have also proved costly for Scunthorpe because of under investment by it's private owners

That's the real story of Scunthorpe

If none of that had happened Scunthorpe would be in extremely rude health and more than capable of coping with some any Brexit uncertainties .....

So Brexit is NOT the cause of Scunthorpes problems, years of asset stripping, under investment and bad management are

It's a shame because it is a grewat facility producing high quality steel products

PaulC
Man City Transfer Target!

Aug 18, 2019, 10:30 AM

Team(s): AFC Darwen, Troon, Ayr Utd, Burnley

Post #4127 of 4292 (1190 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [Yatesman] EU Withdrawal Negotiations [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Also....Show us the evidence that Scunthorpes woes are Brexit related..........For a start we haven't even left the EU !!!

"The privately owned business is on the brink of collapse, placing 5,000 jobs at risk, as well as a further 20,000 in the supply chain. British Steel has begged the Government for a £30million handout to help it address “Brexit-related issues” and, without urgent intervention, it is set to appoint administrators later today. "
Daily Excess 22/5/19

That is NOT evidence, that is a report in a paper quoting a management propoganda statements

So the words of the owners are not evidence.

LOL!

leohoenig
Administrator

Aug 18, 2019, 10:45 AM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #4128 of 4292 (1185 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

LOL!

Anything said by anyone you disagree with is not evidence
Anything said that you agree with is absolute truth

Welcome to the world of TEXBoP (Trump, Erdogan, Xi, Boris, Putin) Unsure

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

(This post was edited by leohoenig on Aug 18, 2019, 10:48 AM)

Yatesman
First Team Star

Aug 18, 2019, 12:52 PM

Team(s):

Post #4129 of 4292 (1141 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Daily Excess 22/5/19

That is NOT evidence, that is a report in a paper quoting a management propoganda statements

LOL!

You can LOL 'til the cows come home but I refer you to post 4126 where I explained perfectly adequately why simply taking the managements statement 'as read' isn't the cleverest position to take .

Unless you think management never lie or ever twist situations to benefit their interests....
Your obsession with Remain has blinded you to the bigger picture.

No doubt the Remainers' in parliament's refusal to pass a withdrawal deal and seek extensions to A50 has prolonged uncertainty and delayed EU orders being placed, but that is the fault of Remain not Brexit.......

Yatesman
First Team Star

Aug 18, 2019, 12:56 PM

Team(s):

Post #4130 of 4292 (1138 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [leohoenig] EU Withdrawal Negotiations [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

LOL!

Anything said by anyone you disagree with is not evidence
Anything said that you agree with is absolute truth

Welcome to the world of TEXBoP (Trump, Erdogan, Xi, Boris, Putin) Unsure[/reply

You can add Blair, Corbyn, Cable, Ken Clarke, Sturgeon, Swinson, Heseltine and any other democracy deniers in the UK political establishment to that list

PaulC

Aug 18, 2019, 1:04 PM

Post #4131 of 4292 (1131 views)
Shortcut

The Sunday TImes coverage of Operation Yellowhammer outwith the paywall. Yellowhammer isn't even a worse case scenario - that's Black Swan.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/...f688fd932d12c152cd88

Yatesman
First Team Star

Aug 18, 2019, 2:35 PM

Team(s):

Post #4132 of 4292 (1111 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
The Sunday TImes coverage of Operation Yellowhammer outwith the paywall. Yellowhammer isn't even a worse case scenario - that's Black Swan.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/...f688fd932d12c152cd88

Yellowhammer is so out of date it could have been written by Will Shakespeare

KnowYourMarket

Aug 19, 2019, 8:37 AM

Team(s): WBA, FC Saarbruecken, Brierley Hill Alliance (RIP)

Post #4133 of 4292 (1014 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [Towlawtom] EU Withdrawal Negotiations [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Hows this for a bit of irony for you Brexit voters

2016: TURKEY ARE JOINING THE EU!!! (yeah course they are!)

Scunthorpe votes 68.68% for leave

2019: British Steel in Scunthorpe goes into administration because of Brexit

Turkey buys British Steel Scunthorpe and saves 4,500 jobs

Funded by the pensioners of the Turkish Army Pension fund and so were bailed out by those people the leavers were scared of.

Perhaps the pensioners that voted Leave in Scunthorpe should stop and think about that for a moment.

No doubt the leavers at British Steel are going to resign their jobs now they know their employers are Turkish?

Further irony our current PM was one of the strongest supporters of Turkey's application to join the EU............in the days before he supported Brexit, of course!

I think you responded to the wrong person with the start of "you brexit voters"!

Last ground visited(update requested by Spud): Wellington . New grounds 18/19: 38

Yatesman
First Team Star

Aug 20, 2019, 7:03 AM

Team(s):

Post #4134 of 4292 (874 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [KnowYourMarket] EU Withdrawal Negotiations [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
Hows this for a bit of irony for you Brexit voters

2016: TURKEY ARE JOINING THE EU!!! (yeah course they are!)

Scunthorpe votes 68.68% for leave

2019: British Steel in Scunthorpe goes into administration because of Brexit

Turkey buys British Steel Scunthorpe and saves 4,500 jobs

Funded by the pensioners of the Turkish Army Pension fund and so were bailed out by those people the leavers were scared of.

Perhaps the pensioners that voted Leave in Scunthorpe should stop and think about that for a moment.

No doubt the leavers at British Steel are going to resign their jobs now they know their employers are Turkish?

Further irony our current PM was one of the strongest supporters of Turkey's application to join the EU............in the days before he supported Brexit, of course!

I think you responded to the wrong person with the start of "you brexit voters"!

And to think he only had 17,400,000 people to pick from !!

KnowYourMarket

Aug 20, 2019, 8:46 AM

Post #4135 of 4292 (850 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [Yatesman] EU Withdrawal Negotiations [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

Just think 17,399,999 of them don't keep harping on about it on a football forum. I think we get the message you are in favour of Brexit. You talk of nothing else.

Last ground visited(update requested by Spud): Wellington . New grounds 18/19: 38

Towlawtom
Reserve Team Regular

Aug 20, 2019, 1:57 PM

Post #4136 of 4292 (782 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [KnowYourMarket] EU Withdrawal Negotiations [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Just think 17,399,999 of them don't keep harping on about it on a football forum. I think we get the message you are in favour of Brexit. You talk of nothing else.

To be fair KYM this is a discussion about EU withdrawal negotiations and I think everyone is welcome to post depending on their point of view. Just As long as the discussion is kept civil and I hold my hand up as not having done that on the odd occasion to in the the past.

I need to have the last word, as it always looks as if I am right !

KnowYourMarket

Aug 20, 2019, 2:19 PM

Post #4137 of 4292 (770 views)
Shortcut

It doesn't go anywhere though does it? 1 person bangs 1 drum and then someone else bangs the other drum. Neither party has shifted on their view and just continually defend it. So I find it a rather pointless discussion on here. I think you need to agree to disagree.

I was just responding to Yatesman's trite comment. He would not have said it if I was a brexiteer.

(This post was edited by KnowYourMarket on Aug 20, 2019, 2:20 PM)

Tykeoldboy
Chelsea Transfer Target

Aug 20, 2019, 2:42 PM

Team(s): Doncaster Rovers, Everton, Mablethorpe

Post #4138 of 4292 (764 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
It doesn't go anywhere though does it? 1 person bangs 1 drum and then someone else bangs the other drum. Neither party has shifted on their view and just continually defend it. So I find it a rather pointless discussion on here. I think you need to agree to disagree.

I was just responding to Yatesman's trite comment. He would not have said it if I was a brexiteer.

And this is why parliament has gotten nowhere in the last 3 years.

The feeling of utter devastation when you pick up your mug and realise you already finished your tea.

Towlawtom
Reserve Team Regular

Aug 20, 2019, 3:10 PM

Post #4139 of 4292 (750 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

I agree with you that it has been going round in circles for months now since ronsdog created this thread. I don't think anyone who has posted on here has changed their minds since the opening post.. I think it is difficult to debate against Yatesman on here as he would try and make a good case to tell us that today isn't Tuesday which I hope he takes as a backhanded compliment and not a insult.

I need to have the last word, as it always looks as if I am right !

PaulC

Aug 20, 2019, 5:27 PM

Post #4140 of 4292 (714 views)
Shortcut

The backstop is "anti-democratic" says Johnson.

That's the same backstop Johnson voted for.

Brexiteers just make it up as they go along.

East Fork Utd
Reserve Team Regular

Aug 21, 2019, 12:20 AM

Post #4141 of 4292 (652 views)
Shortcut

As an American who's never traveled abroad, I have a question that I hope doesn't come across as stupid or silly. With border crossings between Northern Ireland and Ireland being one of the focal points of contention surrounding UK's decision to leave the EU, how in the world do the Swedes and Norwegians manage their borders? Same issue with Switzerland. The Swiss are surrounded by EU countries. How are border crossings handled there?

Along the same lines, when the Brexit vote was known, did any of the politicians in London push for the same kind of arrangements the EU have with Switzerland or Norway? From what I know about the issue, it seems like people in Norway and Switzerland are OK with the fact that they aren't in the European Union, yet all parties seem to get along with one another, for the most part. Or am I being naïve? Like I said, I don't know what the particulars are regarding the relationship between Brussels and the governments in Oslo or Bern.

Thanks in advance for educating me about this particular aspect of Brexit.

hawkwind
First Team Star

Aug 21, 2019, 3:15 AM

Post #4142 of 4292 (631 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [East Fork Utd] EU Withdrawal Negotiations [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

In Reply To
As an American who's never traveled abroad, I have a question that I hope doesn't come across as stupid or silly. With border crossings between Northern Ireland and Ireland being one of the focal points of contention surrounding UK's decision to leave the EU, how in the world do the Swedes and Norwegians manage their borders? Same issue with Switzerland. The Swiss are surrounded by EU countries. How are border crossings handled there?

Norway and Switzerland are both in Schengen. Wikipedia has a pretty good explanation.

007Dale
First Team Star

Aug 21, 2019, 6:03 AM

Post #4143 of 4292 (618 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [hawkwind] EU Withdrawal Negotiations [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Norway and Switzerland are both in Schengen. Wikipedia has a pretty good explanation.

The U.K. and RoI also had its own border policy prior to both countries joining the EU. The reason why this can’t just be recreated is that (from a border perspective) RoI no longer exists, it’s essentially a U.K. / EU land boarder.

Yatesman
First Team Star

Aug 21, 2019, 7:01 AM

Team(s):

Post #4144 of 4292 (606 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

And you would not be haranguing me if I were a Remainer.

Your ignorance of your hypocrisy is breathtaking.

Look, you've got us sussed on this thread..........which is in the' Non-football related General Chat section in case you didn't notice.

You have the freedom NOT to partake, Not to view and NOT to post.

I suggest you excercise that freedom.

One last point before we never see you on this thread again, the reason this thread is even still continuing is down to our MP's incompetence, intransigence and inability to represent thir constituents' democratic decision to Leave the EU.

I suggest you direct your frustrations in that directuion.

Yatesman
First Team Star

Aug 21, 2019, 7:19 AM

Team(s):

Post #4145 of 4292 (597 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
The backstop is "anti-democratic" says Johnson.

That's the same backstop Johnson voted for.

Brexiteers just make it up as they go along.

Either that or it was the pragmatic course of action at the time.

Seeing as our Remainer parliament has rejected the withdrawal deal 3x are you saying he should bring THAT deal , unchanged, back to Parliament a 4th time?

There's no point in that so the only option is to change the deal.....The backstop is the most contentious aspect of the deal so it makes sense to ditch that.

In the meantime prepare hell for leather for NO Deal!

Boris is doing EXACTLY the right things and is proving o be a dynamic and determined leader.......It's a pity May ever became Tory leader/ PM.

And can you explain how the backstop IS democratic?

TroubleAtMill
Reserve Team Sub

Aug 21, 2019, 7:38 AM

Post #4146 of 4292 (591 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [007Dale] EU Withdrawal Negotiations [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

The U.K. and RoI also had its own border policy prior to both countries joining the EU. The reason why this can’t just be recreated is that (from a border perspective) RoI no longer exists, it’s essentially a U.K. / EU land boarder.

So we treat it as any other border whether we leave or stay in the EU. This makes the special back stop irrelevant doesn't it? If it does the problems that it creates are solved, aren't they ?

(This post was edited by TroubleAtMill on Aug 21, 2019, 7:39 AM)

PaulC

Aug 21, 2019, 7:54 AM

Post #4147 of 4292 (580 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [TroubleAtMill] EU Withdrawal Negotiations [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

In Reply To

So we treat it as any other border whether we leave or stay in the EU. This makes the special back stop irrelevant doesn't it? If it does the problems that it creates are solved, aren't they ?

Only if we want civil war to break out again in NI if we leave.

Priti Useless Patel has already said we don't want pesky EU citizens coming into our country. Irish, are EU citizens.

TroubleAtMill
Reserve Team Sub

Aug 21, 2019, 8:06 AM

Post #4148 of 4292 (578 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

Priti Useless Patel has already said we don't want pesky EU citizens coming into our country. Irish, are EU citizens.

So we pander to terrorism?

NO

We should ignore the terrorist threat and treat it as any other border.

If people want to break the law, arrest them, prosecute them and if found guilty, jail them. That goes for the governments and peoples of the UK, the Republic of Ireland, the EU and the rest of the world.

(This post was edited by TroubleAtMill on Aug 21, 2019, 8:07 AM)

PaulC

Aug 21, 2019, 8:33 AM

Post #4149 of 4292 (571 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [TroubleAtMill] EU Withdrawal Negotiations [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

NO

If people want to break the law, arrest them, prosecute them and if found guilty, jail them. That goes for the governments and peoples of the UK, the Republic of Ireland, the EU and the rest of the world.

Yes. We'll just deal with it as we did throughout the 60s and 70s. I'm guessing you're too young to remember.

How many UK citizens died?

TroubleAtMill
Reserve Team Sub

Aug 21, 2019, 8:53 AM

Post #4150 of 4292 (568 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

NO

Yes. We'll just deal with it as we did throughout the 60s and 70s. I'm guessing you're too young to remember.

How many UK citizens died?

I remember the Brighton bomb, Warrington etc RIP

but pandering to people using the threat of terrorism returning is wrong.

First page Previous page 1 ... 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 ... 172 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3