Team(s): AFC Bournemouth, Verwood Town, Sunderland

Post #1 of 18 (2121 views)
Shortcut
Sunday 15th September Can't Post or Reply Privately

Premier League
AFC Bournemouth 3-1 Everton
Attendance 10,416
Admission by season ticket - Programme £3.50

Beach won out over my planned Sunday League game this morning. Cherries first home win of the season in a fantastic game I'm looking forward to watching back on MOTD2 tonight. The opening goal came from a corner midway through the first half, Dominic Solanke producing a flick on the legendary Steve Fletcher would have been proud of, Josh King heading back across goal for Callum Wilson to score with the final touch. Cherries couldn't quite hold on until the break as Calvert-Lewin leapt like a salmon in the box to head the Toffees level. This goal gave Everton the bit between their teeth at the start of the second half and they had Cherries under the cosh for long periods and looked the more likely team to go on and win the game until Ryan Fraser's introduction on the hour steadied the ship and his low free kick midway through the half from the left corner of the penalty area found the bottom corner of the net, looked to me like it went straight through the wall but apparently took a deflection off Fabian Delph. Five minutes later Callum Wilson, now on fire after a slow burning start to his season, kept his composure running onto a through ball to lob Pickford to give Cherries breathing space. An important goal as it was enough to go above Everton on goal difference and into the top half of the table in 8th place. Great to see Lewis Cook back on the field after 9 a month injury absence and he fully deserved his standing ovation when coming off with 15 minutes to go, and another great performance from Aaron Ramsdale with home fans letting Jordan Pickford know he has competition for his England jersey.

Despite Hipkissexpress telling me Everton's allocation sold out within 3 minutes of going on sale, a few hoppers managed to obtain tickets for the game including some for the away endCrazy.

(This post was edited by cherryhopper on Sep 15, 2019, 8:46 PM)

leohoenig
Administrator

Sep 15, 2019, 8:39 PM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #2 of 18 (2082 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cherryhopper] Sunday 15th September [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Coupe de France, 3rd Round
AS Bouce 0-2 FC Flerien
Admission Free, Attendance ~80

 
The second of my Coupe de France Third Round games in Normandy, and one that appears a bit of a mismatch at first glance.

The away team, FC Flerien play in Regional 1, with only goal difference separating them from Mondeville, yesterday’s home team in the final table last season. This season, their only league game ended in a 0-0 draw away at Ducey Isigny. Two weeks ago, they opened their cup run with a 3-0 win over Briouze.

Briouze play two levels below Flerien, but still one above AS Bouce, the home team for my game. Bouce were top of their division last season, winning promotion to their current level (Departmental 1), which is the 9th tier of French Football. They lost their only game so far in the league, 2-0 at home to Ceauce, but have managed to win two away matches in the cup. The first of these was 4-3 over Monts Andaine, who play at their level, while the second was scoreless, so they required penalties to win at Meloise – a team from two levels lower than themselves.

The Stade Municipal Bouce, now known as Stade Andre Mercier is a simple enough affair. A concrete post and rail enclose the pitch, while two buildings sit behind each other behind one goal. The further appears to be a club room but was not used. The closer one contained the dressing rooms. At half time, a hatch was opened and drinks were served from here. A can of Orangina was €2.

There are also two small areas of cover sat back behind where most of the spectators were standing. Viewing would be obstructed by people in front of you and the team benches, but still this may be welcome in bad weather.

In the first minutes of the match, a gulf in class was obvious and the question in mind was how soon the scoring would start and how many could Flers rack up. By midway through the half, it was clear the answers were not soon, and not many.

For despite playing almost the entire game in their opponents’ half, they rarely managed a shot on target. If the ball went into the area there was no one there to receive it, and they preferred to balloon the ball high and wide from around 20 yards. I also believe I have never seen a team try so many short corners in a single match. There were at least 20, compared to a very small number which were swung directly into the area. Either way mattered not as not one of these crosses caused serious problems

Of course, such a dominant side does eventually manage to get a goal, and this came when Maxime Pitel’s shot squeezed inside the post eight minutes after the break. The goal changed nothing on either side, with the visitors continuing to waste possession as they approached the goal and increasing the number of wasted corners.

One may imagine the home side, entering the last ten minutes still only a goal down (and in a cup match), may have tried to put some pressure on, and accept this may allow their visitors to score again. One would be wrong, nothing changed as the home side continued to try for the “honour” of only losing 1-0. This did not work as a late goal meant it ended up 2-0 anyway.

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

KevinW
Youth Team Star

Sep 15, 2019, 8:50 PM

Team(s): Crystal Palace

Post #3 of 18 (2044 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Sunday 15th September [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The Buildbase FA Vase – Second Round Qualifying
West Street – Official Attendance: TBA

Coggeshall United (1) 1 ……… Long Melford (0) 0

Earlier in the week, I had considered the possibility of a first visit to Silver Jubilee Park, home of Edgware Town. Despite my preference for grass pitches, I did think that option trumped any of the revisit options – two of which have now gone artificial anyway – and I wasn’t sure if I would fancy the trek over to Essex. However, after checking to see where Coggeshall actually was, I decided that it wouldn’t be too onerous a journey. I did wonder whether I was going to make it when I hit stationary traffic immediately upon joining the M11 – the sort of stationary traffic that sees people getting out of their cars, milling around trying to work out what is going on. My thoughts turned to whether I may have time to get to a 15:00 K-O at Welling (Erith & Belvedere) or Wembley (Cricklewood Wanderers), if making the 14:00 K-O at Coggeshall was to prove unachievable. As it was, given I had allowed plenty of contingency, the eventual 20-25 minute hold up proved no more than a minor inconvenience.

When I arrived, I was happy I had made the right choice; I found a neat and tidy ground with a bit of character in a very pleasant rural setting – just the job for this very warm Sunday afternoon. Entry was £6, including the dodgy programme. I was told they normally only produce digital editions, but had decided to print a few for this game. However, as I was told, the printing had gone a bit awry; each sheet was only printed on one side and when assembled (without staples), the pages were out of sequence. I may take a look at the digital edition, if one exists, just out of curiosity.

I hadn’t really done my homework on the teams, so I didn’t really know what to expect. I did know, however, that the hosts had only been in existence since 2017. The game wasn’t a classic, but was nonetheless quite engaging. It was also generally played in a very good spirit, which was refreshing to see. The only goal was scored in the 9th minute, following a mishit backpass. The ‘keeper saved the first effort, but was left stranded after Coggeshall regained possession from the rebound.

Digdagdog
First Team Star

Sep 15, 2019, 8:54 PM

Team(s): Melksham Town, Bath Rugby, Wigan Warriors and Lancashire CCC

Post #4 of 18 (2030 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cherryhopper] Sunday 15th September [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Chippenham & District Sunday League Premier
Northbrook, Market Lavington
Worton & Cheverell 0 FC Lacock 2
F&N Attendance: 30+

First visit to my local Sunday leagues and a new ground as W&C have moved here from nearby West Lavington. A gentle side-to-side slope on one side of a valley with views eastwards to the edge of Salisbury Plain. Small clubhouse/changing room, hedged on 3 sides and Heras wire fencing down the fourth.
W&C are a good side and finished 2nd behind Pheasant (who folded last week without kicking a ball in defence of their title). They were unbeaten until today and between them in the heat they producede a really good game.
Lacock scored two first half goals from Calne Town's Josh Hard and Billy Gleed (of many Step 4 & 5 teams) and effectively swept the home team aside. They flattered to deceive at times last year but on this display could a front runner for honours.

2018-19 Games: 166 Goals: 611 GPG: 3.68 New Grounds: 96
2019-20 Games: 81 Goals: 320 GPG: 3.95 New Grounds: 45

(This post was edited by Digdagdog on Sep 15, 2019, 9:32 PM)

tigerman48
Youth Team Star

Sep 15, 2019, 9:13 PM

Post #5 of 18 (1975 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KevinW] Sunday 15th September [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Sunday 15 Sept 2019
FA Vase
Cricklewood Wanderers 1 Long Buckby 4 ( played at Wembley FC)
Admission £5
Programme well I was given it free but someone else charged a £1.
No hot food.
Attendance approx 80.

Found myself with a spare Sunday and realised I could manage this fixture by public transport.

Wembley is a good ground with a large seated stand on one touch line and smaller stands around the ground.

On a very warm afternoon Cricklewood took an early lead and showed quite a bit of skill although once Long Buckby equalised heads seemed to drop and the visitors went into the break 3-1 in the lead.

The second half had no more goals until a late 4th goal for Long Buckby.

New Grounds 2019/20 :22
Total Games :31
Total Goals : 90
Av Goals Per Game : 2.95
Last new Ground: 12/11/19 Wingate & Finchley 0 Cray 1
LAST NEW WETHERSPOONS -1008 Rainham

timmy tabby
First Team Star

Sep 15, 2019, 10:06 PM

Post #6 of 18 (1891 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KevinW] Sunday 15th September [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

......Also taking in a Vase fixture but a contest that was much less close...

Erith & Belvedere 9 v 2 Oakwood - FA Vase 2nd Round Qualifying
Prog 20 pages £2.00 - Admission £8.00 - Att 60

....As wide a margin in terns of abiility seen in a match for some years. Oakwood were truly shambolic at the back and a tendency to capitulate when confronted with a penetrating forward run. If it had not been for the sterling work of Chris Clark in the Oakwood goal, personal records of seeing thirteen goals would surely have been beaten.

The visitors were clearly a very youthful ensemble, low on confidence after five consecutive defeats but initially they were difficult to break down and when the gaps in the visiting defence were located C Clark threw himself around his area to push away a curling free kick from Connor Johnson. As the first half progressed there were a number of stoppages including an incident when Dobson sent Joshua Neathyton flying into the perimeter fence necessitating a quick intervention from a young female spectator who vaulted the fence to tend to the injured player and in the end stymied the flow of blood which led to her leaving the pitch carrying some very bloody gauze. Clear also that James Semra was struggling with injury but it was clear that the visitors did not have a full compliment of substitutes and it took several minutes before Semra was relieved of his duties.

Surprisingly, Oakwood pushed forward on occasion and a cross from Tom Routley was not cleared and ended up striking the top of the bar. However, not long before E & B took the lead with Gyuliano Mpungi was afforded plenty of space on the right and his powerful drive from an acute angle was too powerful for C Clark as he could not keep out with his hands. A second goal was quickly forthcoming with Callum Jardin cheaply conceding possession allowing a low cross in from the length and precise closer range finish from Kameiko Pope- Campbell,

The personnel problem faced by Oakwood was clearly apparent at half time as it was the case that after his blow to the head Nethyton could not continue and Joe Polart who came on was clearly in terms of age an experienced player but gave the impression that his most regular stint was in a veterans league.

Against such a fragile defence it was just a matter of minutes for the Oakwood defence to fail to defend when a corner from Dobson could not be cleared and Baba Adeniran forced in from close range. Three quickly became four when a penetrative run from Thomas Nbegba took him past a defence of statues and he was able to angle in at the end of his run. Two minutes later and Ngegba scored his second with Adeniran taking advantage of a wilting visiting defence, a simple pass inside for Ngegba to easily convert.

Their defence may have been totally chaotic but they attacked on occasion and surprised all by pulling a goal with the E&B defence failing to deal with the required defensive basics with Jordan's pass forward catching the home defence completely disorganised and Tom Famlton easly scored to reduce the deficit to four. Margin of lead quickly restored to five with the visiting defence carved open again by a pass from Chan Quan and a simple finish with the outside of is boot from close range from Adeniran. Adeniran then completed his hat rick in rather fortunate manner with a cross from the right being completely miscued by Adeniran but a massive slice of good fortune ensued as the shot ended up finding the far corner.

The best goal of the afternoon arrived after a forty yard run from Quan where he strolled around/over several quarter hearted challenges before placing with ease past the underprotected C Clark. Again surprisingly Oakwood pulled a goal back as a weak F Clark shot was mishandled and Familton converted the rebound. After a couple of unorthodox saves from C Clark he was beaten for the ninth time when it was Eric De Melo's turn to run past some lacklustre challenges and convert with ease. Not always an enjoyable watch this as there was a noticeable chasm between the two teams and adds credence to my opinion that the quality of play in Southern Combination Division 1 is not of a high standard.

A further very warm day which meant that the world and his wife, daughter and second cousin twice removed were out and about meaning that even taking into account that c2c engineering work led to a non seamless journey in the direction of London, the weight of traffic in and around Greenwich Peninsula led to the outward journey taking two and a half hours. No time for a pre match pint at the Door Hinge micropub. Return journey was much easier and indoors to a very pinkie sky which made even the mudbanks look charming just after 19.00 hours and that took into account a forty five minute break for JDW rations.....

(This post was edited by timmy tabby on Sep 15, 2019, 10:34 PM)

oxpete
Chelsea Transfer Target

Sep 15, 2019, 11:02 PM

Team(s): Pompey

Post #7 of 18 (1785 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tigerman48] Sunday 15th September [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

FA Vase 2nd Qualifying Round
Long Crendon 2-5 Leighton Town

Entry: £5
Attendance: headcount of about 60

Played at Court Place Farm, home of Oxford City FC.

A decent match that for large periods was actually pretty evenly balanced. Long Crendon were unlucky with the scoreline, what with having a first-half goal disallowed on the say-so of the linesman after the referee had initially awarded it, then seeing a last minute penalty kick being saved.

Dave 56
First Team Sub

Sep 16, 2019, 12:54 AM

Team(s): Leatherhead

Post #8 of 18 (1703 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oxpete] Sunday 15th September [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

USL @ Papa Murphy's Park. KO 14:00. Free Admission and Team Sheet. Crowd 4-5000 Guess.

Sacramento Republic 2 v 1 RGV Toros

Another long drive of over 300 miles and a 2pm KO. The 5 is a boring road too, flat and fairly featureless all the way. Weather hot, around 85 most of the day, large car park charging $10. I was at the ticket window discussing prices and being told $20 was the cheapest when a lady in a Chelsea shirt asked if I was getting just on ticket and motioned me to join her and her family as they had a spare ticket, offered to pay but this was declined, really nice of her to do that.

Once in the ground I obtained a team sheet and the freebies given away were from Oral B, so I gained a toothbrush, toothpaste and floss and then wandered around to find a seat I fancied rather than the one on the ticket.

The match was 4th v 15th but the visitors took an early lead with a great goal from no. 17 who pulled Republic apart early on before fading. A first half equaliser came on 18 minutes and the home side controlled much of the remainder of the half. As the second period progressed it looked unlikely anyone would score but Republic sealed the victory on 81 minutes.

Spending the evening in the old town of this capital city, one of my favourite places in the states. Microbreweries will be visited and the history of the town taken on board and enjoyed.

dottirofhod
Man City Transfer Target!

Sep 16, 2019, 3:27 AM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #9 of 18 (1665 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dave 56] Sunday 15th September [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

USL @ Papa Murphy's Park. KO 14:00. Free Admission and Team Sheet. Crowd 4-5000 Guess.

Sacramento Republic 2 v 1 RGV Toros.

==========================================

USL Championship. Put Divs in Dave , I am interested , esp in the childrens games , eg Div 2 for Concordia Eagles.

Attendance declared at Republic 10,688. Angelic.

RGV Toros AKA Houston Dynamo Select. Just the 4 first teamers from Dynamo tonight.

Strange relationship with Dynamo , Dynamo pick the side / roster / coaches etc whilst RGV look after the day to day running of club.

One for Leo that , Owned by / Affiliated to and now the above.

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 105 / 89 / 16 / inc 4 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 12 / 11 / 2019.
Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

(This post was edited by dottirofhod on Sep 16, 2019, 3:41 AM)

Shambles
Youth Team Star

Sep 16, 2019, 7:49 AM

Team(s): Gillingham

Post #10 of 18 (1557 views)
Shortcut
Re: [timmy tabby] Sunday 15th September [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Tabby, in answer to the burning question of the afternoon, and to complete Hornetini Former Teach's spreadsheet, the magic number is 4,814.

Also, the young lady that jumped the fence was Courtney, brother of E&B's Connor Dobson, and known to most of us as the Cray Valley PM Physio.

rambler77
First Team Star

Sep 16, 2019, 9:31 AM

Team(s): Oadby Town, Leicester City

Post #11 of 18 (1472 views)
Shortcut

GRIFF & COTON MANOR 2-2 WHITE LION BULKINGTON
(Nuneaton Sunday League D3)
@ Griff & Coton Sports Ground, Nuneaton

This is one of only two grounds / venues I need to re-complete the Leicester & District League. It is a large sporting complex that is home to two bowling greens, cricket club, rugby pitch and a remote control car club. All facilities are completely separate with no overlaps. The site was busy with only the cricket and rugby pitches not in use. The football pitch is basic but there are dugouts and a small stand on the far side. Food and drink was available from one of the bowling greens.

The game - typical lower level Sunday league fare. The visitors came from two down to earn a share of the spoils.

LEAFIELD ATHLETIC LADIES 1-4 WOLVES WOMEN
(FA Women's National League Division 1 Midlands)
@ Dickens Heath Sports Club, Rumbush Lane

Adm inc 4 page prog: £2
Att: between 70 and 80
Hot drinks: £1

Note: The Ladies do not play on the ground adjacent to Rumbush Lane itself - this is home to the boys and mens teams. They have their own ground on what is marked on Google maps as Tanworth & Camp Hill CC, though the cricket club do not play there anymore. It is a completely separate ground with their own car park, entrance and smart clubhouse.

The game - Wolves were the better side from the off and deservedly lead 3-1 at the interval. The second half didn't even get going as it were - probably the worst 45 minutes I have seen this season.

http://rambler77.zenfolio.com/

Tim

Sep 16, 2019, 12:16 PM

Team(s): Stourbridge, Welton Rovers

Post #12 of 18 (1304 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rambler77] Sunday 15th September [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Ramblers 6 New Foresters 1 (Bridgwater Sunday League Division 1) Att: 18 f&n

My first top division game i this league and a serious step up in quality from the lower division. Goalless first half in which Foresters defended quite brilliantly despite being under pressure throughout. Home manager told his boys at the break that a goal would come, and it did, within a minute of the restart, and again a minute or so later. A very comfortable and desered win in the end, played in fine spirit and well if eccentrically refereed.

Home for Ramblers is the Kings Down Pavilion in Bridgwater, a part of the considerable redevelopment of the British Cellophane site. The site is now owned by EDF Energy and provides temporary accommodation for 1000 constrction workers at Hinkley Point. There are wo pitches, and the one used today was a fair walk from the pavilion, across a field, through two gates and into the site of the factory. No football furniture to describe, but it is a decent enough set up and a sunny morning added to the enjoyment.

hemelhopper
First Team Star

Sep 16, 2019, 1:45 PM

Team(s): Hemel Hempstead Town FC, Trust Portsmouth FC and The Reds of Cincinnati

Post #13 of 18 (1197 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tim] Sunday 15th September [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Well with such a lovely day and not much more of these warm sunny ones expected .. it was out for a double .. Tongue

Worthing Town U18’s 1-3 Chichester U18’s (The SCFL Youth League, West Division)
- played at Palatine Park, Palatine Road, Worthing from 11.00am

Att – around 40 (h/c); Entry – none; Prog – none; Refreshment available from the modern Clubhouse hatch.
Weather – glorious; Travel – A27 east
Colours – Blue shirts with black stripes and black shorts for Town .. all green with white stripes to shirts for City

So with Mrs hh off to a wedding show with friends .. it was just a case of let’s enjoy the sunshine and go somewhere new, to see how Sunday morning was ticking along .. and it sure was at Palatine Park .. four full sized pitches in use and umpteen smaller little ones doing their thing .. with the Town kit everywhere, at all ages, with plenty of comings and goings by many a footballer and parent .. well done to all.

Our chosen game was on the main Worthing Town pitch, all roped off nearest the Clubhouse, with two dugouts to one side and nothing else .. for a game played in the established Southern Combination League Youth set up, of three regions .. our hosts finding themselves down early, thanks to a near post flick on 10 minutes .. a lead extended around the half hour mark, when a clinical left footer was dispatched on the run .. which meant tactical changes for the hosts and three subs being brought on .. which stemmed the tide, until the 57th, when a free kick was well slotted inside the left post having by-passed the wall.

The Town then gave a spirited display in the last third of the game and were duly rewarded on 67 when a spare man was available at the back post from cross to dispatch .. although they were not able to add to their efforts, as the game ran out of time and appreciated by all on hand .. I then moved off to ..

Petersfield Town Development U18’s 1-0 AFC Totton U18’s (Hampshire County Youth League, Division 1)
_ played at Love Lane, Petersfield from 2.00pm

Att – approx. 35 (h/c); Entry – none; Prog – none; Refreshment in the clubhouse
Travel – north on A24 and across to Pulborough, Petworth and beyond.
Colours – Rams in red tops and black shorts .. Stags in all blue, with white stripes to front of shirt

Well this wasn’t the original choice when setting off this morning but with Goodwood Revival clogging up Chichester and the beaches bringing everyone south to build sandcastles .. I chose to miss a local Meon Valley League game (ended 8-2) and circumnavigate the South Downs to enjoy this quieter affair .. in a ground well known, with no changes since last appearing, the main stand on the other side of Clubhouse down the slope .. the covered areas still available around the dugouts and conifers still growing well, hard up against the car park end.

The only goal was scored early in the first five minutes as an attack into the box on the left side was well dispatched .. which provided an anticipated goals fest but whether the heat or just events unfolding factored .. this one never quite got going .. mainly due to niggles of tackle .. the Stags keeper being sent off on 38, for bringing down a forward .. or just lack of chances being taken and ballooning over the bar.

.. however the last ten minutes did become frantic with more direct play, as the visitors had plenty of pressure and thanks to two excellent Rams saves by their keeper, the Stags could have nicked a point to add to their top of the table position .. although it was not to be and the game ended with all appreciating the shift put in .. not the best game but a welcomed stop on the way home.

Grounds = 630, Leagues done = 15 (37 to go); Games (19/20) = 91; New Grounds (19/20) = 74; Goals (19/20) = 393; Ave goals/game = 4.32; Last new ground = Tamworth; Next = Weds 13th Nov 2019

Ipeland
First Team Sub

Sep 16, 2019, 2:26 PM

Team(s): Bolton Wanderers, local non-league teams

Post #14 of 18 (1164 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hemelhopper] Sunday 15th September [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Chester-le-Street Town Ladies 1-5 Leeds United Women (1-3 HT) at Moor Park
Women's National League Division 1 North
Admission: £3, Programme: None, Tea: £1 (or 50p at HT)
Attendance: 40

Didn't get to a match on Saturday so headed on the bus down to this one. Reasonable enough match, but the goalkeeping quality left a lot to be desired with most of the goals being as a result of mistakes or could've been easily saved. Leeds took the lead about 10 minutes in before Chester equalised 5 minutes later, but after this Leeds controlled the rest of the match. No changes to the ground since my visits last season, nice to see Moor Park in daylight after two previous evening game visits. Crowd was about half Leeds followers, a couple who were listening to the Barnsley game in the first fifteen minutes.

Grounds visited: 300
Last new ground: Frenchfield Park (Penrith)
Next planned fixture: Washington v Easington Colliery - Northern Leagu Division Two - 6/11/19

WestBerksPalace
First Team Star

Sep 16, 2019, 9:01 PM

Team(s): Palace/Epsom and Ewell/Didcot Town and Djurgardens IF.

Post #15 of 18 (930 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oxpete] Sunday 15th September [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

A decent match that for large periods was actually pretty evenly balanced. Long Crendon were unlucky with the scoreline, what with having a first-half goal disallowed on the say-so of the linesman after the referee had initially awarded it, then seeing a last minute penalty kick being saved.[/reply

Also at this. Although even at times I thought Leighton hardly needed to push themselves had much more fire power going forward. Not sure how it's viable with ground hire costs for LC to use Court Place Farm, as the majority of crowd was hoppers and Leighton fans, and no programme was issued, a bit disappointing for a Vase game.

2019-20 - 43 games, last Bris Rov v Bromley - 10/11, goals 140, avgpg 3.25, new grounds 12. Last - Harborough Town 26/10.
New Grounds in 2019 - 25. 2018 - 44. 2017 -44. Grounds in Total - 1218.
RL Grounds - 34 (Last - Craven Park, Barrow - 8/9/19), Speedway Tracks 50.

MelChester
Junior Team Regular

Sep 16, 2019, 9:19 PM

Team(s):

Post #16 of 18 (909 views)
Shortcut
Re: [WestBerksPalace] Sunday 15th September [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

A decent match that for large periods was actually pretty evenly balanced. Long Crendon were unlucky with the scoreline, what with having a first-half goal disallowed on the say-so of the linesman after the referee had initially awarded it, then seeing a last minute penalty kick being saved.[/reply

Also at this. Although even at times I thought Leighton hardly needed to push themselves had much more fire power going forward. Not sure how it's viable with ground hire costs for LC to use Court Place Farm, as the majority of crowd was hoppers and Leighton fans, and no programme was issued, a bit disappointing for a Vase game.

Was told the programmes sold out very early, in the previous round they only sold 4 or 5 so they only did a very small print run which were all purchased an hour before the game, by Leighton fans?.

Thought Leighton were the better team by a long way. Did not see many neutrals, a few Leighton fans and a smattering of Long Crendon fans / officials who all seemed to have club tops on. Presume someone has very deep pockets in the Long Crendon area.

Hertspireite
Junior Team Star

Sep 16, 2019, 10:01 PM

Team(s): Chesterfield FC

Post #17 of 18 (870 views)
Shortcut
Re: [WestBerksPalace] Sunday 15th September [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

FA Vase 2Q

Silber Jubilee Park - 3G
Edgware Town (step 3) 0 - 2 Eynesbury Rovers (step 5) HT 0-1

Admission £6/4, Tea £1
Programmes available but (just) sold out before I arrived.
Attendance 83

Situated in Silver Jubilee Park in the London Borough of Brent, it has a free car park within the park.
Edgware ground share with Hendon, and just inside the club house doors is a wooden plaque for Hendon's roll of honour. Inside the club house the cricket was showing. In front of the clubhouse is a brick built seated stand, Behind the goal is the McCann Stand with HFC spelt in to the green and white flip seats. Behind the dugouts was further shelter. The staff were very friendly and welcoming, and only had to hunt down the keys once for a padlocked gate to go and retrieve one ball from over the club's boundary.

The game itself was heated in places. Burgess (Edgware) was sent off for a tackle in the first half, the immediate frustrations vented by both teams halted play for a few minutes. Overall Eynesbury played with more attack and appeared to have more shots on goal, managing to score twice.

2018 -19 season. 7 new grounds.
2019 -20 season 18 new grounds.
Newest ground visited Ampthill Park, Ampthill Town, Spartan South Midlands League. Level 6

royals26

Sep 16, 2019, 10:10 PM

Team(s): Reading

Post #18 of 18 (849 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MelChester] Sunday 15th September [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Lowther Rd
(14:00 KO)

WOKINGHAM & EMMBROOK 0-1 THORNBURY TOWN
{STEP06 HELL-1E} v {STEP06 HELL-1W}

Adm: £6+£1 prog

Att : official 174

Directions: - out of 'ding east on the A329, through Winnersh - bearing left down Old Forest Rd after you've gone under the M4 and past a garage (M&S) on the left. Ground is just beyond the bridge over the railway line, off to the right. (Lowther Rd)
Entrance immediately on the right

Arr. 20' before KO

Facilities: well-stewarded today and plenty of parking on the Cricket outfield - BBQ on the go next to the clubhouse.

Small-seated stand on half-way - new lights obviously not needed on a very warm and bright PM.
Re-visit for me half/third/quarter tick Crazy for mate - we've lost count of how many other grounds we've seen W&E and their 'Town' forbears play on/borrow.

Match:
Game short on quality from both sides though not ideal conditions - pitch dry and bumpy - neither are exactly setting their respective leagues alight though tbf to the visitors, they have barely started their campaign - only played 2.

Ht

0-1 very late on poor retention in midfield by the Sumas - right-wing raced clear low cross was controlled and fired back across keeper.

Back indoors by 16:10

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3