Shortcut
Re: [Tim] Saturday 14th September [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

FA Vase 2nd Qualifying Round

The Jockey Farm Stadium, Nellington Road

RUSTHALL 2-1 GODALMING Town

{STEP06 SECL-1} v {STEP06 CCL-1}

Adm: 7+3 badge

Att: official 148

Directions: M3/M25 to jn 5 - - shunt nr Chertsey slowed access onto the Orbital of the the M3 + awful queues back clockwise and v.slow near M23 & beyond, so we gave up on Plan A (Seaford).
Sat Nav took us down cross country from A21/A26.

Head for the tall aerial mast which is situated in the corner of the ground on Nellington Rd - club signposted as you exit village heading west on Rusthall High St.

Facilities: small bar - club 'shop' at table just in front of the bar. Some cover and a few seats in a shallow stand - all on one side.

Three semi-interesting (Wiki) facts about Rusthall Angelic - sited approx. 2 miles West of T.Wells.

i) has an interesting outcrop landmark said to resemble a Toad from certain angles
ii) the local 'dignitary' aka Lord of the Manor was Yehudi Menuhin's son
iii) in the 18th C when nearby T.Wells became more popular for it's 'waters', reportedly more affluent residents, who'd had their houses built on giant sleds, hauled them nearer their bigger neighbour. CrazyLaugh

Match: relatively insipid tussle between two pretty average sides.

Ht

1-0 free header from a corner at the start of the half
2-0 strong downward header from close range
2-1 pen quite late on - given for handball

Home side down to 10 men (sin bin?) for the last 7 or 8 mins - plenty thought he'd been Red carded but he was chatting to the subs whilst sat between the dugouts - so not dismissed as such but had the same effect. G's were not good enough to force a leveller but they did try.

Decided to avoid most of M25 roadworks/delays etc on return so came back via A264/A22/B2037 to Horley and up into Reigate then stuck to the A25 with a brief-ish Pit stop at the Pheasant (Half of Shere Drop) directly on the A25 before Buckland nr Reigate.
Headed on up the eastern side of Box Hill then across to Headley and up A24 to re-join M25 at Leatherhead.

Home by about 19:30

(This post was edited by royals26 on Sep 16, 2019, 10:24 PM)

NeilH
Youth Team Star

Sep 16, 2019, 9:37 PM

Team(s): Cambridge City

Post #52 of 62 (1743 views)
Shortcut
Re: [youngster] Saturday 14th September [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Good to see you too Youngster and you gave a very fair summary of events on Saturday afternoon. Mason Spence sent off for grabbing one of your blokes by the throat apparently.............new bloke already in on loan to cover his absence.
My first visit to the ground for a game and I really liked the set-up, especially the area pitch side outside the bar with the trees providing some welcomed shade on a sunny afternoon. As for Sawston, still no official news - I will post as soon as I know something definite!

GRIFFON
First Team Star

Sep 16, 2019, 10:16 PM

Team(s): Nuneaton Griff

Post #53 of 62 (1702 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KnowYourMarket] Saturday 14th September [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

You will not find many traces of Vikings along that part of the south coast if any, as has been stated they were mainly north or east, my lot came up the Nene valley into the Warwickshire/Northants border.

(This post was edited by GRIFFON on Sep 16, 2019, 10:17 PM)

dtr1989
Youth Team Regular

Sep 17, 2019, 10:16 AM

Team(s): Bury

Post #54 of 62 (1479 views)
Shortcut
Re: [LeedsPhil] Saturday 14th September [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I was also at a Manchester Saturday Morning League game but in the Premier.

AFC Middleton 2-1 Manchester North End
Venue - Manchester Creative Academy (3G)
Attendance - 9

An entertaining game on an always difficult surface to play on. The game started pretty evenly but after Middleton scored it was pretty much all one way. Would’ve been more but the North End keeper made some excellent saves and when he was beaten, the woodwork saved them twice. A good spirited game overall.

The venue is a standard 3G pitch at the back of Manchester Creative Academy in Moston.

Also attended

FA Vase 2nd Qualifying Round
Chadderton 3-2 Brigg Town
Attendance - 126
Admission - £5
Programme - £2

Another entertaining game saw 2 x FA Vase winners Brigghead to Oldham. Brigg started off strong and scored within a few minutes. They then went 2 up and I thought it was game over! Against play Chaddy pulled one back, then I had some toileting issues so missed the equaliser!

The 2nd half started as the 1st did with Brigg starting qualicky however they couldn’t make the most of it. Brigg were awarded a penalty but the Chaddy keeper got down well to save it. Chaddy then had a man sent off for a 2 footed challenge. Against all play Chaddy had a corner headed in in the dying minutes.

Andrew street is an interesting venue. There is one stand really but it’s basically a big wall which is sheltered. It runs nearly the full distance of the touchline. The central section has 3 rows of smaller walls which are painted so they are divided into seats!

https://thepartialview.sport.blog/

pilgrim46
Reserve Team Regular

Sep 17, 2019, 1:44 PM

Team(s): Plymouth Argyle, any non league team in Devon & Cornwall

Post #55 of 62 (1298 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dtr1989] Saturday 14th September [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Devon Premier Cup First Round
Saltram Athletic 2-3 The Windmill (Devon) FC (1-1 H/T)
f & n - Att 20 hc

Full marks to both sets of players for producing a very entertaining cup tie in conditions that felt more like mid July than mid September. The visitors took the lead after approximately 20 minutes with a free kick from left of the penalty area which deceived everybody as it floated into the top corner. Saltram equalised 15 minutes later after the Windmill keeper was unable to hold a fierce shot & the forward had a simple tap in. Just 1 minute into the 2nd half & Saltram took the lead. This seemed to wake the visitors up & 10 minutes later they equalised. The Windmill then lay siege to the Saltram goal but the visitors hung on until the 90th minute when a defensive mistake allowed the visitors to score the winner. The Windmill deserved their victory but I had to feel sorry for the Saltram players to lose it that way right at the end.
It appears that Saltram Athletic have moved this season from the Tothill Enclosure shared with Mount Gould to the Brickfields complex. They play on a grass field behind both the athletics track & Plymouth Albion's rugby ground. There's no football furniture but it's a pleasant venue & if you climb the hill towards the athletics track you get a great view of the pitch. It's easy to do by public transport which is what I did. Take the Citybus 21 from the City Centre & it's less than 5 minutes until you get off at The Brewery Tap stop before a 5-10 minute walk to the pitch. After the game I popped into The Brewery Tap pub which is very pleasant & had a pint of Black Gold ale whilst watching the cricket.

villan
First Team Star

Sep 17, 2019, 2:51 PM

Team(s): Aston Villa-Newport County-

Post #56 of 62 (1238 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dtr1989] Saturday 14th September [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

My initial plan was to be ending a short break in north Wales today but that had been scuppered by not feeling well but I felt well enough to get out into the autumn sunshine & where better than the Peak District.

Central Midlands League division 1 south Cromford & Wirksworth Town 2 Woodhouse Colts 1 ATT h/c 19 free/no programme

Nice setting in spacious meadows with attractive scenery & railway overlooking ground. The complex has a number of rugby pitches with large block providing changing rooms & probably refreshments but I did not venture further into the grounds to check. A much bigger/noisier crowd watching the game in progress. Our pitch was sited to left before reaching the rugby set up but beyond the initial large car/coach parking area near entrance. You continue to park near the small cottage like changing area for football which also had a café which was not open today. It is still a walk of 50/100 yards to pitchside. No facilities such as hard standing, cover, seats etc but pitch was railed. A junior pitch existed between dressing rooms & main pitch. Pitch was undulating but well grassed & played well. All nice today but rather exposed in mid winter.

The game was not a bad watch for level. An early lead for hosts who looked more dangerous throughout except perhaps in early part after break. Visitors equalised on the hour but Toby Howard got his 2nd & the winner for hosts on 67. They deserved the points overall. A good afternoon out. A bite to eat at Boat Inn in Cromford was good with visits to excellent micro's listed in GBG in Wirksworth & Duffield completing the fun. No traffic issues either way.

End 2018-19, Total Grounds 1427

New grounds 2019-20. 22

(This post was edited by villan on Sep 17, 2019, 2:56 PM)

Syd
Junior Team Sub

Sep 17, 2019, 5:16 PM

Team(s): Mansfield Town, Blidworth Welfare, Everton, Ground hopping.

Post #57 of 62 (1151 views)
Shortcut
Re: [villan] Saturday 14th September [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Notts C (0) 1 v Halifax (0) 0
National League
Meadow lane, Nottingham
Kick off 15:00
Adm £22
Prog £3
Att: 5,188 (646)

Notts County:
black & white shorts, black shorts, white socks

Notts County Line up
1 Slocombe
5 Turner Substituted for Rawlinson at 70' minutes
18 Graham
6 O'Brien
3 McCrory
20 Brindley Booked at 74mins
4 Rose
8 Doyle red card at 47mins
11 Boldewijn
14 Wootton Booked at 88mins
7 Thomas Booked at 28mins Substituted for Booty at 84' minutes

Substitutes
9 Dennis
13 Rawlinson
15 Booty
17 Bakayogo
28 Fitzsimons

Halifax:
orange with blue sleeves Shirts, blue shorts with orange trim, orange socks

Halifax Line up:
1 Johnson
2 Duckworth
6 Nolan
10 King Substituted for King at 67' minutes
4 Clarke Booked at 35mins
3 Binnom-Williams
14 Staunton
22 Cooper
7 Allen Booked at 83mins
11 Sho-Silva
15 McAlinden Substituted for Williams at 67' minutes Booked at 89mins

Substitutes
8 Earing
12 Appleyard
16 Hanson
20 King
21 Williams

1st half,
Notts C kick off towards Haydn green stand

28: (7) Thomas Booked - Notts C
35: (4) Clarke Booked - Halifax

Half time 0-0

2nd half,
Halifax kick off towards Haydn green stand

47: (8) Doyle red card Notts C
57: Goal (14) Wootton - Notts C
67: (10) King Substituted for King (20) - Halifax
67: (15) McAlinden Substituted for Williams (21) - Halifax
70: (5) Turner Substituted for Rawlinson (13) - Notts C
74: (20) Brindley Booked - Notts C
84: (7) Thomas Substituted for Booty (15) Notts C
88: (14) Wootton Booked - Notts C
89: (21) Williams Booked - Halifax

Full time Notts C 1 Halifax 0

2018/19
Games: 21
New Grounds: 6
Goals: 21
0-0's: 1
2019/20
Games: 10
New grounds: 3(newest: Barry Town Utd Jenner Park Barry Wales)
Goals: 31
0-0's: 0

jrev61
Man City Transfer Target!

Sep 19, 2019, 7:17 PM

Team(s): None

Post #58 of 62 (819 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GRIFFON] Saturday 14th September [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
You will not find many traces of Vikings along that part of the south coast if any, as has been stated they were mainly north or east, my lot came up the Nene valley into the Warwickshire/Northants border.

They must have had very small longboats. The Nene west of Northampton is just a tiny stream!
There must have been some Viking presence in the South West, as Lundy is a Norse word.

jrev61

GRIFFON
First Team Star

Sep 19, 2019, 8:55 PM

Team(s): Nuneaton Griff

Post #59 of 62 (772 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jrev61] Saturday 14th September [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

It may be a tiny steam in parts today as it has silted up over the years but years ago it was much wider and deeper. My ancestors came in the 1100s so were not the original pillagers, they came to settle and intermarried with the locals.

Lundy is not necessarily a viking word, that is only one version, it is more likely to be Celtic and there have been no Viking remains found there. It probably comes from the Welsh word Llans which means enclosures and there have definited been Celtic graves found there within an enclosed area.

IWRBATP
Junior Team Regular

Sep 19, 2019, 11:02 PM

Team(s): Sudbury TOWN

Post #60 of 62 (725 views)
Shortcut
Re: [FatCat] Saturday 14th September [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Sudbury Sports were called AFC Sudbury 'A' last season and played in ESBL Division Two. They won the Suffolk Primary Cup, the Tommy Thompson Cup and were finalists in the ESBL Knock Out Cup. They were runners up in Division Two last season and were promoted to Division One. The ESBL requested that the clubs name was changed to allow a possible second promotion this season (like Stanway Pegasus last season from Division Two to the Premier Division), as this would apparently contravene an FA ruling about no more than two teams from the same club playing at step seven or above.

rambler77
First Team Star

Sep 20, 2019, 3:37 PM

Team(s): Oadby Town, Leicester City

Post #61 of 62 (546 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bluearmybob] Saturday 14th September [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

CRICK ATHLETIC 2-2 AFC COVENTRY
(Coventry Alliance D2)
@ Crick Sports Field, Yelvertoft Road, Crick, Northants

I needed to be home around 4:45pm and this was my best chance of getting to a new ground / venue. Crick is close to junction 18 of the M1 and it took me around 30 minutes to make the drive south.

The venue was very pleasant, neat and tidy. The pitch is roped off on two sides and there are permanent dugouts in place.

The game wasn't bad for the level - Crick scoring with a long range effort early before, before the visitors gradually got into the game and were deservedly level by half time. Despite having most of the possession in the second half Coventry didn't really trouble the home goalkeeper. They did take the lead with I think around ten minutes left. Going into the final few minutes Crick took advantage of some time wasting, breaking up field and equalised.

Overall a very pleasant afternoon.

95 photos can be viewed online @ https://rambler77.zenfolio.com/p807182108

http://rambler77.zenfolio.com/

sheffgeoff
First Team Star

Sep 25, 2019, 7:11 PM

Team(s): Colchester United, Stocksbridge Park Steels, Borussia Dortmund & Essex CC

Post #62 of 62 (239 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rambler77] Saturday 14th September [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

SkyBet League 2

The New Lawn, Nailsworth

Forest Green Rovers 1(1) Colchester United 0(0)

Green Shirts & Shorts White Shirts / Grey Shorts

Attendance 2758 (253 Away)

Admission £20 (Standing) Programme £3

Chips w Curry Sauce £3.50

U's six game unbeaten run came to an end with a below par performance against Rovers. They had keeper Dean Gerken to thank for keeping the game close with three great saves before the break. The goal that decided the game was an own goal from captain Luke Prosser trying to cut out a cross that Gerken had covered. Blush

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3