Richard Rundle
Man City Transfer Target!

Sep 2, 2019, 7:51 AM

Post #76 of 168 (5489 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Unicorn] Bury Demise [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

An investigation by who.
Which authority is doing the investigating.

There is no investigation. James Frith and some group called the Football Supporters Association have called for one but it is too little too late even if something dodgy is found.

MistaFozzII
First Team Regular

Sep 3, 2019, 10:26 AM

Team(s): Darlingto

Post #77 of 168 (4848 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Richard Rundle] Bury Demise [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Andy Burnham is asking for Bury to be placed straight back into League 2 to keep the status quo regarding promotion/relegation from League 2/National League

https://twitter.com/...607021693730816?s=19

Mista Fozz

Husband, Dad, Mascot Extraordinaire and all round Idiot

nisi tu Deus, qui possit iudicare
My Facebook Profile
My Twitter Feed

Oxford Stone
Chelsea Transfer Target

Sep 3, 2019, 2:12 PM

Team(s): Maidstone United

Post #78 of 168 (4723 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MistaFozzII] Bury Demise [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Looking at the Twitter thread, he explained himself pretty badly.

We all know that Kent County League Division Four West is the ONLY place to start afresh. Wink

The Suitable Chairperson and FFP rules, the fact that the frauds only get suspended for a few years and then come and ruin another club all need tightening up. Bury needed to live within their means though. I was talking to a Newport fan the other day (watching Newport beat a load of ex-Bury players - Newport 1 Plymouth 0) and he felt cheated too to have been leapfrogged by a club who couldn't pay their wages.

paulh66
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Sep 3, 2019, 2:18 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #79 of 168 (4717 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

An investigation by who.

There is no investigation. James Frith and some group called the Football Supporters Association have called for one but it is too little too late even if something dodgy is found.

There are actually two investigations - one by the IPA into the CVA as previously reported and, from news breaking today, one by GM Police into alleged fraud at the club.

Unicorn
Chelsea Transfer Target

Sep 3, 2019, 3:18 PM

Team(s): Arsenal and South Eastern Football

Post #80 of 168 (4682 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] Bury Demise [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

An investigation by who.

There are actually two investigations - one by the IPA into the CVA as previously reported and, from news breaking today, one by GM Police into alleged fraud at the club.

It is being reported that EFL are at least willing to discuss letting the club into Division 2 next season.

derekn
First Team Star

Sep 3, 2019, 3:47 PM

Team(s): Taunton Town

Post #81 of 168 (4658 views)
Shortcut

They've issued a statement that says no such thing. It says the only way back is via the pyramid and that it's up to the FA where they start, not any particular league. Starting in League 2 is just a relegation really, so that should be a complete non-starter, no matter how genuinely sorry you feel for the supporters (though they weren't complaining when the club overspent massively to get promotion last season).

Unicorn
Chelsea Transfer Target

Sep 3, 2019, 3:54 PM

Post #82 of 168 (4651 views)
Shortcut
Re: [derekn] Bury Demise [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
They've issued a statement that says no such thing. It says the only way back is via the pyramid and that it's up to the FA where they start, not any particular league. Starting in League 2 is just a relegation really, so that should be a complete non-starter, no matter how genuinely sorry you feel for the supporters (though they weren't complaining when the club overspent massively to get promotion last season).

That is what the BBC reported within the last hour.
It has now been taken down.
I also would have thought that their placement is up to the FA as it would be in the non league system.
But i must admit i do not know what degree of autonomy the EFL and the PL have.

Haywain
Reserve Team Regular

Sep 3, 2019, 4:25 PM

Team(s): Luton Town

Post #83 of 168 (4608 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
It is being reported that EFL are at least willing to discuss letting the club into Division 2 next season.

Just imagine - the club finishing 23rd in League Two finish the season and get relegated having played all of their games whilst Bury drop into League Two having not played for the whole season. That doesn't seem right. If the EFL want to 'help' Bury, I can't see that they should do any more than allowing them to occupy the bottom place in League Two and start the 2020/21 season in the National League. However, they'll need new owners or a new club before that happens.

In Reply To
I also would have thought that their placement is up to the FA as it would be in the non league system.
But i must admit i do not know what degree of autonomy the EFL and the PL have.

I think the EFL have the freedom to do what they wish within their own organisation, and if they placed Bury in 92nd place the National League would have to accept them into their own set-up or lose a promotion place (or two).

Haywain - following the Hatters through thin and thin.

(This post was edited by Haywain on Sep 3, 2019, 4:29 PM)

007Dale
First Team Star

Sep 3, 2019, 6:04 PM

Post #84 of 168 (4545 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Haywain] Bury Demise [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I think the National League is the very best Bury could and should hope for. Anything higher is a kick in the teeth for the (few) well run clubs.

So if they were placed 92nd, theyd have very few complaints. Obviously if Bury fold and a Phoenix club is formed, then that is off the table.

foreststag
Junior Team Star

Sep 5, 2019, 3:34 PM

Post #85 of 168 (3995 views)
Shortcut
Re: [007Dale] Bury Demise [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Surely there are only 2 requisite facts her (1) Bury FC still exists, just removed from the EFL and (2) under FA rules they have rejoin the pyramid 2 Divisions lower i.e. in the National League. Problem solved

paulh66

Sep 5, 2019, 4:03 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #86 of 168 (3974 views)
Shortcut
Re: [foreststag] Bury Demise [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

under FA rules they have rejoin the pyramid 2 Divisions lower i.e. in the National League. Problem solved

As they were an EFL club, under FA rules their placement is at the absolute discretion of the FALC rather than an automatic two division drop.

andymac
Youth Team Sub

Sep 5, 2019, 11:19 PM

Team(s): Stoke City, Market Drayton Tigers

Post #87 of 168 (3697 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] Bury Demise [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Typical crap coming out of Andy Burnham's mouth.

Unicorn
Chelsea Transfer Target

Sep 6, 2019, 9:50 AM

Post #88 of 168 (3470 views)
Shortcut
Re: [andymac] Bury Demise [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Typical crap coming out of Andy Burnham's mouth.

I find the quotes which are being attributed to the EFL a bit contradictory.
They say the placement of the club is decided by the FA which is what i believe to be the case.
But they say they are consulting the member clubs for their thoughts on letting them play in League Two next season.
Why if its not their decision?

Richard Rundle
Man City Transfer Target!

Sep 6, 2019, 10:39 AM

Post #89 of 168 (3412 views)
Shortcut

If the EFL treat them as a relegated club, they can drop to League Two and as it's not a NLS issue, the FA don't need to get involved.

If the EFL keep them expelled from the league, where they slot into the NLS is an FA/FALC decision.

Two different scenarios with different decision making bodies as far as I can see.

paulh66

Sep 6, 2019, 11:05 AM

Post #90 of 168 (3385 views)
Shortcut

Plus at this stage the EFL consultation seems focused around what, if anything, they could do rather than what they necessarily will do (which is obviously dependent on other things playing out plus, I assume, would ultimately require a vote from the member clubs). Hence the quoted considerations of due process, precedence, fairness etc.

(This post was edited by paulh66 on Sep 6, 2019, 11:08 AM)

Part-Timer
Chelsea Transfer Target

Sep 6, 2019, 12:05 PM

Team(s): Brentford, Bradford City, Peterborough United, Yaxley

Post #91 of 168 (3343 views)
Shortcut

If they were to be treated as a relegated club in League Two I would expect them to have to start with a points deduction as they would not actually have been penalised for their insolvency act, merely for not playing any fixtures this season. They might be better off re-starting in the National League, if that is the alternative, rather than be relegated to it for the following season.

Senior82
Junior Team Regular

Sep 6, 2019, 2:04 PM

Team(s): Sheffield Wednesday, Stocksbridge Park Steels & Sheffield Eagles RLFC

Post #92 of 168 (3223 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Part-Timer] Bury Demise [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I would assume that Bury FC will be liquidated pretty soon. They still have quite a bit of debt, and literally no money coming in

Unicorn
Chelsea Transfer Target

Sep 6, 2019, 2:33 PM

Post #93 of 168 (3200 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Senior82] Bury Demise [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I would assume that Bury FC will be liquidated pretty soon. They still have quite a bit of debt, and literally no money coming in

If the club can not be sold that looks like the outcome.
But if it is sold then the dept and absence of income for this season will have been taken into consideration by the buyer.

northstandexile
First Team Regular

Sep 6, 2019, 6:19 PM

Team(s): Mansfield Town

Post #94 of 168 (3065 views)
Shortcut

The present club will never be sold.

Nobody in their right mind will pay SDs son-in-law 1.75m(ie 25% CVA of 7m) and still have the ground mortgaged up to the hilt with interest payments sky high.

Unicorn
Chelsea Transfer Target

Sep 6, 2019, 7:06 PM

Post #95 of 168 (3037 views)
Shortcut
Re: [northstandexile] Bury Demise [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
The present club will never be sold.

Nobody in their right mind will pay SDs son-in-law 1.75m(ie 25% CVA of 7m) and still have the ground mortgaged up to the hilt with interest payments sky high.

As i keep saying it depends how much money you have got and if you fancy owning a football club.
People with multi millions do not have to be in their right minds and work on the same restrictions we do.
Its just if someone in that position finds Bury attractive.

genesimmons
Youth Team Star

Sep 8, 2019, 8:15 PM

Team(s): Gateshead

Post #96 of 168 (2706 views)
Shortcut

If they are allowed back in the EFL that would send out the wrong message to dodgy owners? If they are sold I think they should be thinking themselves lucky to be in the national League or national League north. Apparently a buyers interested but only if they are allowed back in the EFL next season but doubt the EFL will allow them in with no new owner. Checkmate. Surely it's only s matter of time before a big winding up petition comes in

You wanted the best, you got the best

spen666
Youth Team Star

Sep 15, 2019, 7:57 PM

Post #97 of 168 (2121 views)
Shortcut
Re: [genesimmons] Bury Demise [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

It all seems to have gone quiet on the Bury FC front.

Any idea if the club have defaulted on the CVA? If they have, then it would reasonably follow that a winding up petition follows.

This would obviously change any negotiations about where Bury are placed next season

genesimmons
Youth Team Star

Sep 16, 2019, 2:45 PM

Team(s): Gateshead

Post #98 of 168 (1752 views)
Shortcut
Re: [spen666] Bury Demise [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

If bury were wound up who would get the ground if its heavily mortgaged, the bank?

You wanted the best, you got the best

spen666
Youth Team Star

Sep 16, 2019, 4:35 PM

Post #99 of 168 (1696 views)
Shortcut
Re: [genesimmons] Bury Demise [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
If bury were wound up who would get the ground if its heavily mortgaged, the bank?

Whoever has the charge over the property

Mister TwoU
First Team Star

Sep 17, 2019, 5:40 PM

Team(s): Malvern Town F,C,

Post #100 of 168 (1314 views)
Shortcut
Re: [keneastlancs] Bury Demise [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
With the very real possibility Bury FC could be kicked out of the football league and go bust this in turn I believe would only mean 1 team relegated from the football league at the end of the season. How will this affect the rest of the restructuring proposals laid out previously at the end of this season

How 'official' was the announcement that only one club would be relegated from League 2, courtesey of the Bury FC expulsion?

It strikes me that any Bury Phoenix FC revenant could not be placed in next season's League 2 because of that announcement - short of operating it with 25 teams.

Professional cretin.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3