Reserve Team Star

Sep 21, 2019, 10:29 PM

Team(s): Ashford Town (Middlesex), Prescot Cables

Post #51 of 90 (2294 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Doobs] Old Spotted Dog [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Stop being a pedant. FCUM are clearly a breakaway from Man U

Not in the same way that Enfield Town broke away from the old Enfield FC, or 1874 Northwich broke away from Northwich Victoria or even comparable to the manner in wich AFC Wimbledon was formed.

I see FCUM as a "protest" club, rather than a "breakaway" club; its formation was a reaction to the increasing corportasiation of Manchester United, rather than a schism that split the parent club in two. Their roots are, to my mind, rather closer to those of AFC Liverpool than to some of the other clubs I've mentioned.

kirby knitters
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Sep 21, 2019, 10:51 PM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #52 of 90 (2273 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Beano] Old Spotted Dog [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Not in the same way that Enfield Town broke away from the old Enfield FC, or 1874 Northwich broke away from Northwich Victoria or even comparable to the manner in wich AFC Wimbledon was formed.

I see FCUM as a "protest" club, rather than a "breakaway" club; its formation was a reaction to the increasing corportasiation of Manchester United, rather than a schism that split the parent club in two. Their roots are, to my mind, rather closer to those of AFC Liverpool than to some of the other clubs I've mentioned.

Precisely and going back on track where does that put this new Clapton club in the equation seeing as most of the people following them have had sod all to do with CFC apart hijacking them for their own political agenda and causing all kinds of problems. Still they have got what they wanted and many of them will now hopefully disappear from a game they have no real interest in.

Doobs
Junior Team Sub

Sep 22, 2019, 10:26 AM

Post #53 of 90 (2084 views)
Shortcut

Okay, semantics aside, CFCC are the first club formed by supporters of another club to then take possession of their former club's ground.

Are we happy with that definition?

leohoenig
Administrator

Sep 22, 2019, 10:34 AM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #54 of 90 (2072 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Doobs] Old Spotted Dog [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I am not aware of any other case, where it has happened when the original club still exists, but I would ask for a check on the timeline of Bromsgrove Sporting in this regard

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

shimtoan
First Team Regular

Sep 22, 2019, 12:24 PM

Team(s): Dunkirk

Post #55 of 90 (1958 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Old Spotted Dog [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I am not aware of any other case, where it has happened when the original club still exists, but I would ask for a check on the timeline of Bromsgrove Sporting in this regard

Sporting were set up by a group in 2009 and tried to buy Rovers. They failed in their attempt and set up the football club.

For 2010/11 Rovers were in the Southern League D1 South & West and Sporting were in the Midland Combination D2, but Rovers were expelled before kicking a ball.

So both clubs existed at the same time, but didn't overlap in their playing times.

unless stated, all views are my own and are not the views of any other person, club, or organisation

oftenscore6
Chelsea Transfer Target

Sep 22, 2019, 5:49 PM

Team(s): FCUM, MUFC, Hammarby, St Pauli, Hawthorn (AFL)

Post #56 of 90 (1802 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

Sorry Beano, I can't let that one go. AFC Liverpool are quite different, They are Liverpool FC fans still and just providing a cheaper matchday experience, aimed at those who cannot afford to go to Anfield. But there is no disagreement from them with the ownership structure, treatment of fans or role that their original club has. Our aims are really very different from them:
http://fc-utd.co.uk/manifesto.php

I'm not sure there's a direct comparison with other clubs, at least in England in recent past, but certainly not with AFC Liverpool.

I was at the Willows the night of the game mentioned, and in the stand where there was both anti-FCUM and pro-FCUM chanting. It was tense but I didn't see any skirmishing. I'm not aware that anti-FCUM Manchester United supporters appeared again at our matches.

Congratulations to CCFC on being awarded the lease, hopefully they can be in there for 2020-21 in Eastern Coutnies South (or whatever the step 6 division for the area then is called).

-----------------------------------------------
Last new football ground (956) Wellington 0-2 Exmouth Town
With FC United: 134
On the agenda:
15/10 FC United v Basford United
16/10 Ashland Rovers v Underwood Villa
19/10 Atherton Collieries v FC United

SuperKev!
First Team Star

Sep 22, 2019, 7:22 PM

Post #57 of 90 (1753 views)
Shortcut
Re: [beyondtheborder] Old Spotted Dog [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
The Essex Senior League who know this group of politicos well and have had previous continual issues with their unpleasantness have already stated that under no circumstances would clapton momentum be allowed ever into the Essex Senior League. From experience they know exactly what they are about.

Nobody at the ESL is saying that. What they are saying is that CCFC are not just going to walk into CFC's place in the League just because they are taking over the OSD ground. They will have to gain natural promotion via Step 7 & Step 6.

leohoenig
Administrator

Sep 22, 2019, 8:29 PM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #58 of 90 (1685 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SuperKev!] Old Spotted Dog [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Which is right and proper

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

Paul Cockerton
Junior Team Regular

Sep 22, 2019, 9:41 PM

Team(s): Hull City, Clapton

Post #59 of 90 (1608 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Old Spotted Dog [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Which is right and proper

100% agree.

I would point out that CCFC are not attempting to take over CFC's place in their league.

The only time I've ever heard it suggested is by people on this forum assuming that this is the club's aim. It's not. The club aims to reintroduce members-run football to Clapton, as it was for over 120 years, and to reinvigorate the Old Spotted Dog as a hub of the community.

We're in the Middlesex County Premier League. One day we may be promoted. We may be relegated (this is a good standard league). But I think it's fair to say that we're not interested in trying to do any backdoor deals.

Hull City / Clapton fan.

(This post was edited by Paul Cockerton on Sep 22, 2019, 9:55 PM)

beyondtheborder
Junior Team Star

Sep 23, 2019, 10:23 AM

Post #60 of 90 (1332 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Atavistic] Old Spotted Dog [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
Would CFCC consider allowing Clapton FC to share their traditional home?
I think a lot of the angst aimed at CCFC is the perception that they are trying to kill off Clapton FC. While the likes of FCUM and Enfield Town have broken away to form their own club, none of them have then taken control of their old club's ground

From the outside, it appears to be indisputable that CCFC are trying to kill off the actual Clapton and claim their history as their own. In fact, I've seen many on Twitter congratulating Community on "returning home" following this latest news, despite Community having never played at the Old Spotted Dog. At the very least, this suggests that they see themselves as "the true Clapton", so I don't think there's any chance they'd make room for the current Clapton.

In Reply To
Yes you have hit the nail on the head. Clapton CFC are one big scam.

beyondtheborder
Junior Team Star

Sep 23, 2019, 10:25 AM

Post #61 of 90 (1328 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] Old Spotted Dog [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Precisely and going back on track where does that put this new Clapton club in the equation seeing as most of the people following them have had sod all to do with CFC apart hijacking them for their own political agenda and causing all kinds of problems. Still they have got what they wanted and many of them will now hopefully disappear from a game they have no real interest in.

In Reply To

The sad bit is the lengths these usurpers went to try and destroy the real Clapton FC, if only people knew the half.

beyondtheborder
Junior Team Star

Sep 23, 2019, 11:20 AM

Post #62 of 90 (1279 views)
Shortcut
Re: [beyondtheborder] Old Spotted Dog [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

London Anti-Fascist Assembly
September 19 at 11:15 AM ∑
Clapton community FC looks set to return to the old spotted dog in Clapton after successfully winning the bid for the grounds. We canít wait!

#bringbacktheoldgame #kickracismoutofracists
#showracismtheredcard
#antifa #hooligans
Copied from their facebook account.
Sometimes the Clapton CFC mask slips to reveal what they are really like.

beyondtheborder
Junior Team Star

Sep 23, 2019, 11:20 AM

Post #63 of 90 (1279 views)
Shortcut

London Anti-Fascist Assembly
September 19 at 11:15 AM ∑
Clapton community FC looks set to return to the old spotted dog in Clapton after successfully winning the bid for the grounds. We canít wait!

#bringbacktheoldgame #kickracismoutofracists
#showracismtheredcard
#antifa #hooligans
Copied from their facebook account.
Sometimes the Clapton CFC mask slips to reveal what they are really like.

Bigaitch
Reserve Team Star

Sep 23, 2019, 11:25 AM

Team(s): Nobody in particular

Post #64 of 90 (1274 views)
Shortcut

#hooligans....nice....

paulh66

Sep 23, 2019, 11:37 AM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #65 of 90 (1255 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Clapton community FC looks set to return to the old spotted dog in Clapton

Return?! Crazy

El_Hugh
Junior Team Regular

Sep 23, 2019, 11:39 AM

Team(s): Leyton Orient, Woodford Town RIP? & Club Leon

Post #66 of 90 (1250 views)
Shortcut

A hashtag on another organisation's Facebook post is indeed damning evidence.

paulh66

Sep 23, 2019, 11:59 AM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #67 of 90 (1211 views)
Shortcut
Re: [El_Hugh] Old Spotted Dog [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
A hashtag on another organisation's Facebook post is indeed damning evidence.

It creates an impression. Obviously not a universally favourable one.

El_Hugh
Junior Team Regular

Sep 23, 2019, 12:15 PM

Team(s): Leyton Orient, Woodford Town RIP? & Club Leon

Post #68 of 90 (1193 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] Old Spotted Dog [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

It was offered as evidence of a mask slipping. I pointed out that it was flimsy evidence. You correctly took issue with the use of the word 'return'. It's a poorly written Facebook post and not really indicative of anything. My personal experience is that CCFC home matches are safe places that I am happy to take my children.

paulh66

Sep 23, 2019, 12:34 PM

Post #69 of 90 (1160 views)
Shortcut

That's all fine, though it is indicative of an element who clearly wish to associate themselves with the club. No idea if or how well that fits with the ethos of the club as a whole, nor do I really care, but it's out there creating an impression, however small, which arguably does the club no favours.

beyondtheborder
Junior Team Star

Sep 23, 2019, 1:51 PM

Post #70 of 90 (1051 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
It was offered as evidence of a mask slipping. I pointed out that it was flimsy evidence. You correctly took issue with the use of the word 'return'. It's a poorly written Facebook post and not really indicative of anything. My personal experience is that CCFC home matches are safe places that I am happy to take my children.

It confirms that they are politicos and secondly you obviously have not known this Clapton CFC group long, the mainstay used to be clapton ultras and unfortunately violence seemed to happen on a fairly regular basis.

Beano
Reserve Team Star

Sep 23, 2019, 1:54 PM

Team(s): Ashford Town (Middlesex), Prescot Cables

Post #71 of 90 (1050 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oftenscore6] Old Spotted Dog [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Sorry Beano, I can't let that one go. AFC Liverpool are quite different, They are Liverpool FC fans still and just providing a cheaper matchday experience, aimed at those who cannot afford to go to Anfield.... I'm not sure there's a direct comparison with other clubs, at least in England in recent past, but certainly not with AFC Liverpool.

I'm happy to withdraw my comparison between FC United and AFC Liverpool, which was rather simplistic.

beyondtheborder
Junior Team Star

Sep 23, 2019, 2:12 PM

Post #72 of 90 (1036 views)
Shortcut

Brigata Ultra' Clapton
2 hrs ∑
Yesterday we celebrated the latest news about a concrete possibility of a return to our spiritual home, the Old Spotted Dog in E7.
It's such an emotional thing for many of us that come from the experience of the Clapton Ultras, the solid boycott against the Mcbean regime and the last two seasons of exile from Forest Gate.
We can't wait to bring our noise back home and we're thankful to those that kept working behind the scenes to make this happen.

Unfortunately we didn't win the game yesterday but our love for the girls in Red and white is growing more and more!

ULTRAS ALWAYS WIN!✊🏼

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, outdoor
I think we all have an understanding of what this club is really all about! link to facebook below

beyondtheborder
Junior Team Star

Sep 23, 2019, 2:12 PM

Post #73 of 90 (1036 views)
Shortcut

Brigata Ultra' Clapton
2 hrs ∑
Yesterday we celebrated the latest news about a concrete possibility of a return to our spiritual home, the Old Spotted Dog in E7.
It's such an emotional thing for many of us that come from the experience of the Clapton Ultras, the solid boycott against the Mcbean regime and the last two seasons of exile from Forest Gate.
We can't wait to bring our noise back home and we're thankful to those that kept working behind the scenes to make this happen.

Unfortunately we didn't win the game yesterday but our love for the girls in Red and white is growing more and more!

ULTRAS ALWAYS WIN!✊🏼

I think we all have an understanding of what this club is really all about! link to facebook below

beyondtheborder
Junior Team Star

Sep 23, 2019, 2:13 PM

Post #74 of 90 (1030 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

Brigata Ultra' Clapton
2 hrs ∑

ULTRAS ALWAYS WIN!✊🏼

https://www.facebook.com/bucXclapton/

Paul Cockerton
Junior Team Regular

Sep 23, 2019, 3:22 PM

Team(s): Hull City, Clapton

Post #75 of 90 (949 views)
Shortcut

Iím not really sure what youíre trying to prove here.

That many Clapton CFC fans see this as a return home? Yes, many of us do. We would still have been going there each week, if the running of Clapton FC had gone in a different direction. Being as diplomatic as possible here.

Over the weekend, one of our players has won a Kick It Out honour, we entered two teams in a tournament to keep young people off the streets, the menís team gave Hilltop an uncontested goal in the most sporting gesture iíve witnessed, and we had 261 people turn up in the rain for a Womenís FA Cup. We were also featured on the Non-League Show, the Non-League Paper.

Deeds not words.

If others prefer to trawl the internet looking for hashtags from third parties that they donít like, fair dos. I must have missed the memo that all football clubs are responsible for every tweet about them.

Hull City / Clapton fan.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3