Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Non-League Football Discussion: General Discussion:
Non-League Day - 12th October

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Wijit99
Youth Team Sub

Sep 29, 2019, 10:57 PM

Post #1 of 36 (11696 views)
Shortcut
Non-League Day - 12th October Can't Post or Reply Privately

Why not post any reduced entry / incentives from clubs for NLD here.

Slough Town vs Billericay (National League South - 6th vs 8th)

Adults (16+) - 5
Under 16's - FREE
Any Premier League or Football League season ticket holders - FREE

London Harrier
Chelsea Transfer Target

Sep 30, 2019, 9:39 AM

Post #2 of 36 (11368 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Wijit99] Non-League Day - 12th October [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Aldershot Town are offering a pay-what-you-want incentive for their game against Hartlepool.

https://www.theshots.co.uk/...t-hartlepool-united/

kirby knitters
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Sep 30, 2019, 10:16 AM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #3 of 36 (11308 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Wijit99] Non-League Day - 12th October [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

SCEL 1.
Croydon v Meridian VP is a PWYW fixture.

robhornby
First Team Star

Sep 30, 2019, 4:10 PM

Team(s): Non League Football

Post #4 of 36 (10750 views)
Shortcut

ST ERME FC of the Trelawny League to take part in the 10th year of NON LEAGUE FOOTBALL DAY on 12th October are playing Holmans SC Reserves in the 1st Division. The admission is FREE and are hoping to attract extra crowd by producing their FIRST EVER PROGRAMME. The programme will cost 1 and is 20 pages, only 1 page of adverts. Already take up has been very good with 38 already ordered or pre sold via post. The programme will be ready by next Sunday and posted out next Monday. The club has a nice clubhouse and is based in Trispen just 2 miles outside of Truro in Cornwall. Those who cant make the match but would like a programme, please contact me via private message on here or email me on [email protected] or ring me on 07973 517603

To visit my charity blog..please click on https://aroundthegrounds2019-20.blogspot.com/

Doobs
Junior Team Regular

Sep 30, 2019, 9:55 PM

Post #5 of 36 (10389 views)
Shortcut
Re: [robhornby] Non-League Day - 12th October [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

How much do they normally pay?

spen666
Youth Team Star

Oct 1, 2019, 10:34 AM

Post #6 of 36 (9888 views)
Shortcut
Re: [London Harrier] Non-League Day - 12th October [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Aldershot Town are offering a pay-what-you-want incentive for their game against Hartlepool.

https://www.theshots.co.uk/...t-hartlepool-united/

Interesting idea of pay what you want.

1. You have to pre book
2. There is a minimum and maximum amount you can pay
3. Amounts are incremental in 2 steps. So for example you can pay 12 or 14, but cannot pay 15
4. For low value amounts an additional booking fee will be added

Not sure its pay what you want as most people would understand it

agamemnon3
Youth Team Sub

Oct 5, 2019, 11:36 AM

Team(s):

Post #7 of 36 (8615 views)
Shortcut
Re: [spen666] Non-League Day - 12th October [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Cockfosters v Redbridge (Essex Senior League) is now Pay-What-You-Want.

(A genuine PWYW, rather than an Aldershot one).

Aghast
Ballboy/girl

Oct 9, 2019, 11:20 PM

Post #8 of 36 (7655 views)
Shortcut
Re: [agamemnon3] Non-League Day - 12th October [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Hornchurch are doing entry for 8 (instead of the normal 12) but you need to print off the flyer

https://www.hornchurchfc.com/2019/10/show-your-support-on-non-league-day

(This post was edited by Aghast on Oct 9, 2019, 11:23 PM)

Feversham Lens
Chelsea Transfer Target

Oct 10, 2019, 8:06 AM

Team(s): Not any more

Post #9 of 36 (7469 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Aghast] Non-League Day - 12th October [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Entry to FC Halifax Town v Boreham Wood (National League, 3.0) is a tenner for Premier League and EFL club season ticket-holders.

https://fchalifaxtown.com/news/non-league-day/

(This post was edited by Feversham Lens on Oct 10, 2019, 8:07 AM)

MiddxSaint
Youth Team Star

Oct 10, 2019, 2:19 PM

Team(s): St Albans City

Post #10 of 36 (7117 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Feversham Lens] Non-League Day - 12th October [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

St Albans City - 15 (or 14 in advance). Normal price 18 (or 16.50).
Hitchin Town - Under 20s free when booking with promotion code CANARY25

Riverside64
Junior Team Regular

Oct 10, 2019, 6:24 PM

Post #11 of 36 (6901 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Aghast] Non-League Day - 12th October [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The link to the Hornchurch flyer ....
https://www.hornchurchfc.com/...t-on-non-league-day/

Doobs
Junior Team Regular

Oct 10, 2019, 9:37 PM

Post #12 of 36 (6702 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MiddxSaint] Non-League Day - 12th October [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

I think I'm busy.

There's a lot of half arsed shit with this. Maybe it's run its course

kirby knitters

Oct 11, 2019, 8:50 AM

Post #13 of 36 (6444 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] Non-League Day - 12th October [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Free entry to the AFC Rushden & Diamonds v Coalville Town for all season ticket holders of the 91 and the same for anyone that shows up in Bavarian dress (Oktoberfest and all that)

dottirofhod
Man City Transfer Target!

Oct 11, 2019, 9:12 AM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #14 of 36 (6437 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Doobs] Non-League Day - 12th October [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Eccleshill United. FREE.

Most on here before reaching this site = https://twitter.com/nonleaguedayuk?lang=en

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 127 / 107 / 20 / 5 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 07 / 12 / 2019 . Belgium top 5 tiers 0-0-0-(0-1-0)-(0-1-1-2) / Holland top 4 tiers - 0-0-0-(0-0) / Lux top 2 tiers 0 -2. England top 10 tiers - 0. Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

davidjay
Reserve Team Regular

Oct 11, 2019, 11:10 AM

Post #15 of 36 (6297 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Doobs] Non-League Day - 12th October [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

I think I'm busy.

I'm starting to think that. There also seems to be a lot of "It's Non-League Day so please come to watch us" from clubs who can't be bothered doing anything to attract new supporters on this or any other day.

shimtoan
First Team Regular

Oct 11, 2019, 4:44 PM

Team(s): Dunkirk

Post #16 of 36 (5982 views)
Shortcut
Re: [davidjay] Non-League Day - 12th October [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

I think I'm busy.

I'm starting to think that. There also seems to be a lot of "It's Non-League Day so please come to watch us" from clubs who can't be bothered doing anything to attract new supporters on this or any other day.

When you get to Steps 5 & 6, there's going to be more of that, given that it's the FA Vase and our hands are a bit tied with gate prices

unless stated, all views are my own and are not the views of any other person, club, or organisation

davidjay
Reserve Team Regular

Oct 11, 2019, 10:29 PM

Post #17 of 36 (5705 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shimtoan] Non-League Day - 12th October [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

I think I'm busy.

When you get to Steps 5 & 6, there's going to be more of that, given that it's the FA Vase and our hands are a bit tied with gate prices

I sympathise with you entirely in that situation, but it does seem that what started out as a great idea has perhaps run its course.

Atavistic
Reserve Team Star

Oct 11, 2019, 11:37 PM

Team(s): Norwich City, Yaxley

Post #18 of 36 (5624 views)
Shortcut
Re: [davidjay] Non-League Day - 12th October [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

It seems nowadays that a lot of the clubs use the day to get a better-than-normal crowd, pat themselves on the back for a job well done and then do nothing else about it afterwards, allowing crowds to revert back to normal levels. It just seems a lot more half-hearted now from a lot of clubs, rather than trying to meaningfully use it to improve attendances in the long-term (this is likely why so many go for the low-hanging fruit of offering free or reduced entry to Prem/EFL season ticket holders who would never otherwise visit and likely never go back again either).

It is at least nice to see the clubs in the 91 doing more to promote Non-League Day and local options for games, which certainly didn't seem to be the case a few years ago.

2019/20 stats (including Pre-Season):

New Grounds: 19 (Most Recent: Marlow)
Games: 28
Goals: 96
Goals Per Game (to 2 dp): 3.43
0-0s: 1

My Blog: https://thetortoisetravels.blogspot.co.uk/

blackdouglas
Chelsea Transfer Target

Oct 12, 2019, 3:02 PM

Team(s): See signature for clubs

Post #19 of 36 (5081 views)
Shortcut

As it is FA Trophy qualifying hands are tied at Step 4 too.

Northwood, Threave Rovers, Arsenal, Rangers (the real ones, NOT qpr),Watford, Rochdale, queen of the south and a few others.

kirby knitters

Oct 12, 2019, 6:55 PM

Post #20 of 36 (4966 views)
Shortcut
Re: [blackdouglas] Non-League Day - 12th October [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Knock it on the head because it has had its day. I'm not sure what is worse, clubs letting in fans of the 91 for half price to the detriment of their own or what we have seen alot of this time around with clubs advertising it and offering nothing. Sounds confusing does that last one but that is what the whole thing has become. Constant clashes with our national competitions tie the hands of many clubs behind their backs. I used to read all about the gate increases it used to bring in, not anymore I don't.

Bigaitch
Reserve Team Star

Oct 12, 2019, 7:49 PM

Team(s): Nobody in particular

Post #21 of 36 (4830 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] Non-League Day - 12th October [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

It is really interesting to read the comments on here re NL Day as I thought it was only me who had such thoughts.
The fact that clubs go out of their way to promote the Non League side of the game on one weekend of the year to me is farce as the promotion for additional support should be year round.
The Non League game needs to be properly promoted year round to football supporters who are are not in tune with the game below the EFL. Just as importantly, once these people come through the door then everything should be done to keep them. Too many people I know who normally watch their teams in the professional game have been to NL matches but left suitably unimpressed with the fare on offer.
As others have said, it was a good thing at one time, but it has run its course.

davidjay
Reserve Team Regular

Oct 12, 2019, 11:44 PM

Post #22 of 36 (4550 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bigaitch] Non-League Day - 12th October [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
It is really interesting to read the comments on here re NL Day as I thought it was only me who had such thoughts.
The fact that clubs go out of their way to promote the Non League side of the game on one weekend of the year to me is farce as the promotion for additional support should be year round.
The Non League game needs to be properly promoted year round to football supporters who are are not in tune with the game below the EFL. Just as importantly, once these people come through the door then everything should be done to keep them. Too many people I know who normally watch their teams in the professional game have been to NL matches but left suitably unimpressed with the fare on offer.
As others have said, it was a good thing at one time, but it has run its course.

And therein lies the problem. Very often I've known Premier League supporters go along to a non-league game, say "This is rubbish" (or words to that effect) and vow never to return. But properly marketed, that's not the point. All of us on here know that the football we prefer isn't of a particularly high standard compared to what the TV viewer can watch; we go for everything else it can offer - price, being able to stand with a beer watching the match and talking to the opposition supporters, your kids running their legs off playing behind the goal and many other things that you'll never get in the Premier League. Promoting that unique experience is what Non-League Day should be all about.

(This post was edited by davidjay on Oct 12, 2019, 11:44 PM)

Feversham Lens
Chelsea Transfer Target

Oct 13, 2019, 8:56 AM

Team(s): Not any more

Post #23 of 36 (4140 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

And therein lies the problem. Very often I've known Premier League supporters go along to a non-league game, say "This is rubbish" (or words to that effect) and vow never to return. But properly marketed, that's not the point. All of us on here know that the football we prefer isn't of a particularly high standard compared to what the TV viewer can watch; we go for everything else it can offer - price, being able to stand with a beer watching the match and talking to the opposition supporters, your kids running their legs off playing behind the goal and many other things that you'll never get in the Premier League. Promoting that unique experience is what Non-League Day should be all about.

Most people aren't interested in the 'positives' you describe. They go for the game, and generally discover the standard of both play and facilities is rubbish. Non-league football isn't particularly cheap, either, certainly not for families. One of my brothers, an infrequent football attender, home for the weekend to visit the folks, went to the Halifax-Boreham Wood match yesterday, and was astonished to discover he had to pay twenty quid. For me, a lot of non-league football's charm has gone because the standard of behaviour on the field and in the technical areas is as appalling as in the Premier and Football leagues. Frankly, if all non-league football were free, its audience wouldn't increase markedly. The overwhelming majority know what non-league football is, and choose to ignore it. My brother (who, incidentally, had no idea it was Non-League Day) certainly didn't regard his brief encounter as a value for money experience.

(This post was edited by Feversham Lens on Oct 13, 2019, 10:08 AM)

paulh66

Oct 13, 2019, 2:57 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #24 of 36 (3840 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Feversham Lens] Non-League Day - 12th October [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

There are plenty of non-league clubs who've built up decent, or at least respectable, attendances over recent years which suggests that there is indeed a market for what you describe as "rubbish" standard of play and facilities. As such, it must be something else that's attracting them.

As well as the aspects noted by davidjay, I'd suggest the more proactive clubs are reaping the rewards of greater community involvement, of their involvement in running teams for all ages and both sexes, of offering imaginative catering and decent bar facilities, and all the other ad hoc initiatives they come up with to raise their profile and entice people in.

The much-maligned (on here, at least) initiatives to attract season ticket holders of EPL/EFL clubs can also have a positive impact. I understand the arguments against it, in particular that it prejudices existing supporters, but I've never heard or seen signs of any real dissatisfaction from those supporters. For example, Bromley have done well to build up decent levels of support by enticing, say, Palace and Millwall fans in - and possibly even this Tranmere season ticket holder who felt he got good value for the discounted tenner admission (I took advantage of it for the first time this season, having felt uncomfortable doing so last season. Yet because of the price I'm minded to go back this season whereas I'd be less inclined to do so at full price - and, if I do, the club has benefited from its offer. I doubt I'm unique in that respect). Much lower down the food chain, Cammell Lairds have recently strengthened their links with Tranmere as well as retaining slightly discounted admission for season ticket holders of Merseyside's professional clubs, and suddenly they're starting to get three figure gates on more than just the very odd occasion. It all makes a difference, and suggests tapping into existing football followers is far more fruitful than focusing too much on trying to convert the non-believers.

As for Non-League Day, for all the corny entrance offers, it still raises the profile of the non-league game and surely does help drive improved non-league attendances on an international weekend at a time when most clubs and fans still retain at least some degree of early-season optimism.

jefferson
Junior Team Star

Oct 13, 2019, 4:42 PM

Post #25 of 36 (3669 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Most people aren't interested in the 'positives' you describe. They go for the game, and generally discover the standard of both play and facilities is rubbish. Non-league football isn't particularly cheap, either, certainly not for families. One of my brothers, an infrequent football attender, home for the weekend to visit the folks, went to the Halifax-Boreham Wood match yesterday, and was astonished to discover he had to pay twenty quid. For me, a lot of non-league football's charm has gone because the standard of behaviour on the field and in the technical areas is as appalling as in the Premier and Football leagues. Frankly, if all non-league football were free, its audience wouldn't increase markedly. The overwhelming majority know what non-league football is, and choose to ignore it. My brother (who, incidentally, had no idea it was Non-League Day) certainly didn't regard his brief encounter as a value for money experience.

Non league football needs to offer something different. Part of the appeal of non league football is "you can stand and have a pint watching the match". Only at step 1 you can't, at a lot of other grounds, particularly in step 2, you can't. FA Competitions - you can't. So that does turn people off.

Another big appeal is price, yet you're paying the best part of 20 quid at step 1 and around 15 quid at step 2. That's not exactly cheap. So if you pay the best part of 20 quid for a ticket and can't have a pint during the match, then straight away you're losing 2 key selling points to potential fans.

It's always important to get kids in but at younger ages they aren't interested as much in watching the game as running about and being kids. It's teenagers, students and early 20s kids clubs who you really need to be wooing with prices etc and the key demographic to getting more of an atmosphrere going and building a buzz that way and get them in the habbit of live forever rather than lost to it for Soccer Saturday or the pub.

Kids under 10 go free - great, but they aren't going to watch the match anyway.

(This post was edited by jefferson on Oct 13, 2019, 4:47 PM)

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3