Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Non Football Related: General Chat:
General Election 2019

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 24 Next page Last page  View All

Yatesman
First Team Star

Nov 5, 2019, 8:47 PM

Team(s):

Post #76 of 596 (1216 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PaulC] General Election 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Tories now stooping to faking Keir Starmer interviews.

But always remember they only need to fool the most stupid one third of the population to win the election.

https://twitter.com/...776365567184896?s=20

Not that they need to. LOL!

I heard Kier Starmer on R4 this morning and he is all over the shop!

Labour's position on Brexit is a Joke.........Go To Brussels, negotiate our ' Best Withdrawal Deal Yet ', in record time ( 4-6 weeks), put it to the electorate via the referendum .........but Campaign against it!!

Yeah Right, LOL!

Oh.........but only the third thickest in the land think that's a Joke, LOL!

PaulC
Man City Transfer Target!

Nov 5, 2019, 8:52 PM

Team(s): AFC Darwen, Troon, Ayr Utd, Burnley

Post #77 of 596 (1213 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Yatesman] General Election 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Labour's position on Brexit is a Joke.........Go To Brussels, negotiate our ' Best Withdrawal Deal Yet ', in record time ( 4-6 weeks), put it to the electorate via the referendum .........but Campaign against it!!

Yeah Right, LOL!

To be fair it beats promising to leave every three months.

Whatever the deal Labour or Tories come with it will be inferior to the one we already have.

Yatesman
First Team Star

Nov 5, 2019, 8:54 PM

Team(s):

Post #78 of 596 (1212 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Towlawtom] General Election 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Polls are all over the place. This one predicts a Lib dem win over the sitting labour MP in Portsmouth South , The lib dems came a poor 3rd last time

https://www.markpack.org.uk/160216/new-constituency-poll-shows-liberal-democrats-leading-in-portsmouth-south/

No but, Yeah but, No but...........Polls are brilliant science, fantastic evidence based research ....,

Only the lowest third on the numpty scale would not believe that polls are cast-iron nuggets of irrefutable knowledge.

Not 'Dodgy Science' in the slightest , LOL!

Yatesman
First Team Star

Nov 5, 2019, 9:04 PM

Team(s):

Post #79 of 596 (1197 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

Yeah Right, LOL!

Whatever the deal Labour or Tories come with it will be inferior to the one we already have.

Leaving the EU isn't just about the trading deal though is it?

It's abount a layer of Govrnment thst is remote, unaccountable and taking us in a direction called 'Ever Closer Union' that will strip us of our Sovereignity .........Basically, cut our Balls off!

Remaining can't really help us with that can it?

PaulC

Nov 5, 2019, 9:12 PM

Post #80 of 596 (1194 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Yatesman] General Election 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Yeah Right, LOL!

It's abount a layer of Govrnment thst is remote, unaccountable and taking us in a direction called 'Ever Closer Union' that will strip us of our Sovereignity .........Basically, cut our Balls off!

I'm sorry the word "fact" is in the link, knowing as I do how much Brexiteers hate it, but here some facts on "Ever Closer Union".

https://fullfact.org/...l-ever-closer-union/

Yatesman
First Team Star

Nov 5, 2019, 9:18 PM

Team(s):

Post #81 of 596 (1193 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

Yeah Right, LOL!

Maybe I should vote Labour............and at the same time not vote Labour , LOL!

Yatesman
First Team Star

Nov 5, 2019, 9:24 PM

Team(s):

Post #82 of 596 (1188 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Yeah Right, LOL!

I'm sorry the word "fact" is in the link, knowing as I do how much Brexiteers hate it, but here some facts on "Ever Closer Union".

https://fullfact.org/...l-ever-closer-union/

The surest way to ensure we don't get sucked in to Ever Closer Union and being totally subsumed in to a Greater EU of Empire like status by default or by subterfuge and disingenuity is to Leave.

steve walker
Administrator

Nov 5, 2019, 9:42 PM

Team(s):

Post #83 of 596 (1178 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] General Election 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I hardly ever post in these threads so not really "ruining" them. At all. Simply pointing out that repeated references to lefty this and lefty that doesn't really do anything for the discussion or for the credibility of the poster.

Carry on..

My apologies to you paulh… I got my pauls mixed up. My bad... sorry

The sentiment of my post still remains regarding Yatesman and the other paul. Take it to private and stop stifling the discussion on here, it's very boring for the rest of us.

PaulC

Nov 5, 2019, 9:50 PM

Post #84 of 596 (1174 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steve walker] General Election 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
I hardly ever post in these threads so not really "ruining" them. At all. Simply pointing out that repeated references to lefty this and lefty that doesn't really do anything for the discussion or for the credibility of the poster.

Carry on..

My apologies to you paulh… I got my pauls mixed up. My bad... sorry

The sentiment of my post still remains regarding Yatesman and the other paul. Take it to private and stop stifling the discussion on here, it's very boring for the rest of us.

Sorry, I don’t understand.

What are you objecting to and how is discussion for others being stifled?

steve walker
Administrator

Nov 5, 2019, 10:01 PM

Team(s):

Post #85 of 596 (1167 views)
Shortcut

Because just like the other two threads it's PaulC v Yatesman trying to score points over each other. Continuously. It's like you both shout so loud that nobody else can get a word in if it was a real life conversation.

Yes I do think it is stifling discussion from other posters that may want to contribute.

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Nov 5, 2019, 10:12 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #86 of 596 (1159 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steve walker] General Election 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Because just like the other two threads it's PaulC v Yatesman trying to score points over each other. Continuously. It's like you both shout so loud that nobody else can get a word in if it was a real life conversation.

Yes I do think it is stifling discussion from other posters that may want to contribute.

I agree. Constantly lolling backward and forwards like Waldorf and Statler in fake Scots

And I don't know who to vote for either other than it won't be for the loathsome Farage or the equally loathsome Liar Johnson

Yatesman
First Team Star

Nov 6, 2019, 6:57 AM

Team(s):

Post #87 of 596 (1077 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] General Election 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

I agree. Constantly lolling backward and forwards like Waldorf and Statler in fake Scots

And I don't know who to vote for either other than it won't be for the loathsome Farage or the equally loathsome Liar Johnson

Fake Scots.......I like that !! ( I'll not LOL!, I've decided that's puerile anyway)

Loathesome politicians are the norm unfortunately..

Swinson and Corbyn are both lying loathesome creatures as well. The latest bullshit being that they can stop climate change.......wtf??

Like all the planet's Co2 emissions are British and no-one else is responsible......disingenuous lying gits..

Towlawtom
Reserve Team Regular

Nov 6, 2019, 7:18 AM

Post #88 of 596 (1071 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
[Swinson and Corbyn are both lying loathesome creatures as well. The latest bullshit being that they can stop climate change.......wtf??

Like all the planet's Co2 emissions are British and no-one else is responsible......disingenuous lying gits..

Similar to a lot of the brexit leavers then who are under the impression that the UK are sole contributors towards funding the EU.

I need to have the last word, as it always looks as if I am right !

007Dale
First Team Star

Nov 6, 2019, 8:19 AM

Post #89 of 596 (1047 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Towlawtom] General Election 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

What is remarkable is that May managed to botch the 2017 election against the weakest, feeblest, most irrational, most incoherent opposition in British Political history.

Like him or loath him, Boris Johnson will not make the same mistake.

This should be a cricket score victory for the Tories, which will be to the benefit of the UK. Allow the Labour Party to put in someone electable and have a strong opposition for the next five years.

PaulC

Nov 6, 2019, 9:02 AM

Post #90 of 596 (1036 views)
Shortcut
Re: [007Dale] General Election 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
What is remarkable is that May managed to botch the 2017 election against the weakest, feeblest, most irrational, most incoherent opposition in British Political history.

James Cleverley (nominative determinism gone wrong) currently being empty chaired by Kay Burley as he fails to turn up to answer questions about doctoring Keir Starmer interview on GMB.

BBC Newsnight last night was a hoot as Emily Maitlis went through Tory disaster after Tory disaster - all on one day:

Tory doctoring of TV interviews
Calls for Welsh Minister to resign
Johnson hiding report on Russian interference in our elections. What was Cummings doing in Russia for 3 years?
Tories stopped from using civil servants to do their political work
Rees-Mogg and others making despicable comments about Greenfell.

When you strip away Tory lies, deceit and distortion there isn't much left. Just shear incompetence and malevolence.

PaulC

Nov 6, 2019, 9:16 AM

Post #91 of 596 (1032 views)
Shortcut

Boris's Tories starting today well:

https://twitter.com/...003392677261312?s=20

007Dale
First Team Star

Nov 6, 2019, 9:50 AM

Post #92 of 596 (1013 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

James Cleverley (nominative determinism gone wrong) currently being empty chaired by Kay Burley as he fails to turn up to answer questions about doctoring Keir Starmer interview on GMB.

BBC Newsnight last night was a hoot as Emily Maitlis went through Tory disaster after Tory disaster - all on one day:

Tory doctoring of TV interviews
Calls for Welsh Minister to resign
Johnson hiding report on Russian interference in our elections. What was Cummings doing in Russia for 3 years?
Tories stopped from using civil servants to do their political work
Rees-Mogg and others making despicable comments about Greenfell.

When you strip away Tory lies, deceit and distortion there isn't much left. Just shear incompetence and malevolence.

All that and they’ll still win the election.

Really does say something about the opposition parties.

PaulC

Nov 6, 2019, 10:33 AM

Post #93 of 596 (994 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

All that and they’ll still win the election.

Really does say something about the opposition parties.

The Tory lead has already been halved even before this disastrous week for the Tories.

The one thing the Tories fear is scrutiny. The idiots who read the Mail, Express, Telegraph will go on voting for them but the semi-intelligent voter takes all this in.

The Tories cannot be trusted. They are liars.

Towlawtom
Reserve Team Regular

Nov 6, 2019, 10:36 AM

Post #94 of 596 (994 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

This should be a cricket score victory for the Tories, which will be to the benefit of the UK. Allow the Labour Party to put in someone electable and have a strong opposition for the next five years.

Reallly wouldn't bank on that at all. I think he will make at least one major gaffe which his opponents will seize on
Wouldn't surprise me if the tories might have dropped by 5 points in the next polls after the JRM and Cairns shenanigans.

I need to have the last word, as it always looks as if I am right !

Mr. T
Chelsea Transfer Target

Nov 6, 2019, 10:48 AM

Post #95 of 596 (982 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

One could almost be excused for thinking she planned it that way...

007Dale
First Team Star

Nov 6, 2019, 10:55 AM

Post #96 of 596 (974 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

The Tory lead has already been halved even before this disastrous week for the Tories.

Hmm, being a bit selective there Paul.

YouGov 4th November - Tory lead 13% (+1)
ICM 4th November - Tory lead 7% (+1)
DeltaPoll 2nd November- Tory Lead 13% (-1)
Opinium 2nd November - Tory Lead 16% (0)
ComRes 31st October - Tory Lead 8% (+4)

Obviously if you mix and match different surveys you can create any headlines you like, but the reality is probably a bit different from what you’d like.

However, I would expect polls to close together at various points over the next five weeks.

splodge
Chelsea Transfer Target

Nov 6, 2019, 12:04 PM

Post #97 of 596 (947 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Polls are all over the place. This one predicts a Lib dem win over the sitting labour MP in Portsmouth South , The lib dems came a poor 3rd last time

https://www.markpack.org.uk/160216/new-constituency-poll-shows-liberal-democrats-leading-in-portsmouth-south/

Bit of a back drop as to why the LD's came 3rd here last time round. They are usually very strong, so its not a big surprise to me they have got back their vote if this is to be believed.

At the time of the last election Portsmouth South had Mike Hancock as its former Lib Dem MP (Russian Spy fiasco anyone) who was pretty much run out of town and so much wrong with how the Lib Dems had previously run the council which they then lost control to the Torys but still put the former council leader as the candidate, meaning the local electorate decided to give them a bloody nose.

Our sitting MP is the 1st labour one in Portsmouth South and is doing a decent enough job whilst at the same time (and much against my own opinion on being allowed) doing a very good as my local ward councillor.

www.twitter.com/splodgey
www.facebook.com/paulsplodgeproctor

(This post was edited by splodge on Nov 6, 2019, 12:10 PM)

jon b
Chelsea Transfer Target

Nov 6, 2019, 12:55 PM

Team(s): SUFC, SWFC etc

Post #98 of 596 (922 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

If the Tories do run up a big majority it's likely it'd see the defeat in the GE of numerous of the high profile potential leaders currently on the Labour backbenches. Fortunately, Johnson is such a poor House of Commons performer that, post Corbyn, any moderately competent opposition leader should run rings around him.

But, of course, thanks to Miliband it's the membership that do the choosing and it was their cumulative wisdom that landed themselves with Jezza in the first place
Frown

jon b
Chelsea Transfer Target

Nov 6, 2019, 1:02 PM

Post #99 of 596 (916 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

Like Trump and Farage, Johnson revels in being the centre of attention, either as poundland hero or pantomime villain.

I've no intention of wasting any emotion on him.

jon b
Chelsea Transfer Target

Nov 6, 2019, 1:23 PM

Post #100 of 596 (899 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Fake Scots.......I like that !! ( I'll not LOL!, I've decided that's puerile anyway)

Loathesome politicians are the norm unfortunately..

Swinson and Corbyn are both lying loathesome creatures as well. The latest bullshit being that they can stop climate change.......wtf??

Despite the obsession with the big bad bogeyman EU, from a worldwide perspective the biggest danger (if the likes of USA/China/Russia can manage not to pratfall into military catastrophe) is obviously climate change.

Are you saying that there's no point in us trying to set an example or take a lead in tackling it? That we're too small and insignificant to have any effect?

If Brexiters see us as so weak there's no point even in trying, then maybe we should at least work with our fellow European states tackling such problems. Oh hang on, we're running away from that idea.......

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 24 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3