Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Non Football Related: General Chat:
General Election 2019

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 24 Next page Last page  View All

Yatesman
First Team Star

Nov 6, 2019, 8:27 PM

Team(s):

Post #101 of 596 (2827 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jon b] General Election 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To
Because just like the other two threads it's PaulC v Yatesman trying to score points over each other. Continuously. It's like you both shout so loud that nobody else can get a word in if it was a real life conversation.

Yes I do think it is stifling discussion from other posters that may want to contribute.

I agree. Constantly lolling backward and forwards like Waldorf and Statler in fake Scots

And I don't know who to vote for either other than it won't be for the loathsome Farage or the equally loathsome Liar Johnson

Fake Scots.......I like that !! ( I'll not LOL!, I've decided that's puerile anyway)

Loathesome politicians are the norm unfortunately..

Swinson and Corbyn are both lying loathesome creatures as well. The latest bullshit being that they can stop climate change.......wtf??

Like all the planet's Co2 emissions are British and no-one else is responsible......disingenuous lying gits..

Despite the obsession with the big bad bogeyman EU, from a worldwide perspective the biggest danger (if the likes of USA/China/Russia can manage not to pratfall into military catastrophe) is obviously climate change.

Are you saying that there's no point in us trying to set an example or take a lead in tackling it? That we're too small and insignificant to have any effect?

If Brexiters see us as so weak there's no point even in trying, then maybe we should at least work with our fellow European states tackling such problems. Oh hang on, we're running away from that idea.......

No, that's not what I'm saying.

My post does not even hint at your conclusion.

My post says that British politicians are lying to claim they can stop climate change and are wrong to suggest that voting for any given party this coming election is going to save the planet.

PaulC
Man City Transfer Target!

Nov 6, 2019, 9:03 PM

Team(s): AFC Darwen, Troon, Ayr Utd, Burnley

Post #102 of 596 (2805 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Yatesman] General Election 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Which politicians have said they can stop climate change?

Yatesman
First Team Star

Nov 6, 2019, 10:52 PM

Team(s):

Post #103 of 596 (2759 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PaulC] General Election 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Which politicians have said they can stop climate change?

No offence but I'm still trying to work out if Kier Starmer is on Acid or Mushrooms !

jon b
Chelsea Transfer Target

Nov 7, 2019, 1:36 AM

Team(s): SUFC, SWFC etc

Post #104 of 596 (2717 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Yatesman] General Election 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

I consider myself a lefty

Who should a lefty Brexiter vote for?

Yatesman
First Team Star

Nov 7, 2019, 6:53 AM

Team(s):

Post #105 of 596 (2690 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

If a voter considers Leaving the EU the overiding factor in this election then it seems there are limited choices on offer.

Each voter will have to decide it's priorities on the many issues at the fore in this election.

Personally, I think many voters will boycott this election but on the plus side for Remainers I think the young, especially new voters, will be engaged or enraged enough to get off their arses for once.

007Dale
First Team Star

Nov 7, 2019, 12:35 PM

Post #106 of 596 (2619 views)
Shortcut

Devastating last 18 hours for Labour;
- Labour Deputy resigns
- Former Labour MP Ian Austin tells everyone to vote for Boris as Corbyn is useless
- The Economic plan is widely savaged.

PaulC

Nov 7, 2019, 1:29 PM

Post #107 of 596 (2595 views)
Shortcut
Re: [007Dale] General Election 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
- Labour Deputy resigns
- Former Labour MP Ian Austin tells everyone to vote for Boris as Corbyn is useless

Meanwhile
former Tory deputy PM Lidington resigns.

Kenneth Clarke says he can't vote for Johnson

The Tories abandon fiscal targets

leohoenig
Administrator

Nov 7, 2019, 1:55 PM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #108 of 596 (2574 views)
Shortcut

Conclusion - we would be better off without either of them

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

jon b
Chelsea Transfer Target

Nov 7, 2019, 5:59 PM

Team(s): SUFC, SWFC etc

Post #109 of 596 (2471 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

If a voter considers Leaving the EU the overiding factor in this election then it seems there are limited choices on offer.

Each voter will have to decide it's priorities on the many issues at the fore in this election.

Personally, I think many voters will boycott this election but on the plus side for Remainers I think the young, especially new voters, will be engaged or enraged enough to get off their arses for once.

Complicated times. There's not enough support for another Referendum but a General Election is fought on a wide range of issues not just one.

In my case, as a Remainer and Lib Dem, it would seem I'd have an easy time deciding who to vote for. In actuality I'm stuck with the fact that Leave won in 2016 by well over a million votes. I still think Brexit is a serious mistake with negative consequences including the possibility of it leading to the break up of the UK, but it would be an even worse and dangerous mistake to try to ignore a clear democratic decision by the electorate.

So, I'm going to listen to the candidates in NE Derbys constituency and decide whether there's one worth voting for.

Strange times.

Yatesman
First Team Star

Nov 7, 2019, 7:42 PM

Team(s):

Post #110 of 596 (2439 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To
- Labour Deputy resigns

Meanwhile
former Tory deputy PM Lidington resigns.

Kenneth Clarke says he can't vote for Johnson

The Tories abandon fiscal targets

At last, some good news for the Tories ^^^

Meanwhile, Oh dear.....
https://twitter.com/.../1192497193111949312

(This post was edited by Yatesman on Nov 7, 2019, 7:50 PM)

Yatesman
First Team Star

Nov 7, 2019, 7:53 PM

Team(s):

Post #111 of 596 (2434 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Complicated times. There's not enough support for another Referendum but a General Election is fought on a wide range of issues not just one.

In my case, as a Remainer and Lib Dem, it would seem I'd have an easy time deciding who to vote for. In actuality I'm stuck with the fact that Leave won in 2016 by well over a million votes. I still think Brexit is a serious mistake with negative consequences including the possibility of it leading to the break up of the UK, but it would be an even worse and dangerous mistake to try to ignore a clear democratic decision by the electorate.

So, I'm going to listen to the candidates in NE Derbys constituency and decide whether there's one worth voting for.

Strange times.

The Lib-Dem party you used to vote for no longer exists.

Illiberal-Undemocrats more like.

I think you know that tho' and the time for lying to ourselves is long gone ( Paul C take note!)

Yatesman
First Team Star

Nov 7, 2019, 8:05 PM

Team(s):

Post #112 of 596 (2425 views)
Shortcut

Meanwhile.........

https://www.nytimes.com/...id=nytcore-ios-share

PaulC

Nov 7, 2019, 9:05 PM

Post #113 of 596 (2407 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

Meanwhile, Oh dear.....

Yatesman
First Team Star

Nov 7, 2019, 9:22 PM

Team(s):

Post #114 of 596 (2401 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

Meanwhile, Oh dear.....

Glad he has had time since that 3 yr oldtweet to realise it's honest naivety.

Bit like Mark Carney, then governor of the Bank of England making totally unethical and mistaken predictions of imminent economic disaster post referendum............

Didn't bloody happen tho' did it?

Never trust a Crystal Ball Gazer!

Ronsdog
First Team Star

Nov 7, 2019, 10:27 PM

Team(s): Lowestoft Town, Crystal Palace

Post #115 of 596 (2374 views)
Shortcut

So the confetti spree of s has begun, as predicted.

Both parties are playing the old politicians game of bribing the electorate without a thought for the consequences.

Labour cover the cost of their plans with a dubious looking accounting trick...net worth values.
Whilst the Tories talk of their investment plans in grandiose terms as stimulating the more deprived areas by their package.

Well this observer sees not much changing until the nations appalling productivity levels improve significantly. Government cash can only do so much.
With private investment plans on hold until the Withdrawal Negotiations are complete, sometime this side of 2030, then I don't see it happening any time soon.

But the nation will feel better about itself in the short term.Crazy

steveking
Reserve Team Star

Nov 8, 2019, 1:30 PM

Team(s): Ware, Everton, Kingstonian, Leicester, Portsmouth

Post #116 of 596 (2212 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Meanwhile, Oh dear.....

Glad he has had time since that 3 yr oldtweet to realise it's honest naivety.

Bit like Mark Carney, then governor of the Bank of England making totally unethical and mistaken predictions of imminent economic disaster post referendum............

Didn't bloody happen tho' did it?

Never trust a Crystal Ball Gazer!

So it is possible for people to change their minds in the space of three years!? Wink

Ronsdog
First Team Star

Nov 8, 2019, 3:20 PM

Team(s): Lowestoft Town, Crystal Palace

Post #117 of 596 (2146 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steveking] General Election 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The latest report concerning the economy from the IFS....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-50318232

The expectation of higher taxes to pay for the spending plans of both major parties now looks likely.

If Jezza is serious in his claim that ordinary folk will not face higher taxes then he must hope that the 1% he has targeted don't up sticks and take their wealth with them. They currently account for a third of all the income tax take!

Fantasy economics yet again from the Labour (communist) Party.

(This post was edited by Ronsdog on Nov 8, 2019, 3:22 PM)

Climate Change
Reserve Team Sub

Nov 8, 2019, 8:58 PM

Post #118 of 596 (2025 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

Best post I have read on any of these political threads which are normally commandeered by the two pretend Scotsmen.....

I don't need Google. I have a Hoddy.

Yatesman
First Team Star

Nov 8, 2019, 9:16 PM

Team(s):

Post #119 of 596 (2007 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Climate Change] General Election 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Best post I have read on any of these political threads which are normally commandeered by the two pretend Scotsmen.....

Qui? Moi?

I don't think a single Scottish person who knows me would ever draw that conclusion,LoL!

Carrot Cruncher, Wurzle or Farmer/Pirate perhaps but a Jock???

That's hilarious!

steve walker
Administrator

Nov 8, 2019, 11:17 PM

Team(s):

Post #120 of 596 (1934 views)
Shortcut

You do know that for most people Brexit is not the defining issue. It's how their lives are being affected by the 10 years of this Government.
The use of foodbanks and people sleeping rough on the streets has trebled. It's a disgusting fact. We are told that we have more people in work than ever before and the economy is fine... it's all bull... in fact we have more people who are classed as 'employed' but may not get any work that week thanks to the way that the figures are manipulated these days.
I took my wife to A&E because she was undergoing cancer treatment and was in such a state that she didn't know who I was. She spent 7 hours on a trolley in a corridor after being blue lighted there by ambulance before seeing a doctor. They just didn't have enough staff and that A&E has now closed so if it happens again it's a 40 mile trip to the nearest A&E
These are the issues people will vote on. I don't really give an eff about you Scots getting your independence most of us would tow you out to sea and let you go if that what's you want but we care about how our real lives are being affected by this current Government whose only promise seems to be to be undo all the damage they have done in the past 10 years.
Yes I will vote Labour in this election despite the media campaign against Corbyn. I have a social conscience so I can't really vote any other way.

Chris1963

Nov 8, 2019, 11:24 PM

Team(s): Oxford United / Groundhopper

Post #121 of 596 (1923 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steve walker] General Election 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
You do know that for most people Brexit is not the defining issue. It's how their lives are being affected by the 10 years of this Government.
The use of foodbanks and people sleeping rough on the streets has trebled. It's a disgusting fact. We are told that we have more people in work than ever before and the economy is fine... it's all bull... in fact we have more people who are classed as 'employed' but may not get any work that week thanks to the way that the figures are manipulated these days.
I took my wife to A&E because she was undergoing cancer treatment and was in such a state that she didn't know who I was. She spent 7 hours on a trolley in a corridor after being blue lighted there by ambulance before seeing a doctor. They just didn't have enough staff and that A&E has now closed so if it happens again it's a 40 mile trip to the nearest A&E
These are the issues people will vote on. I don't really give an eff about you Scots getting your independence most of us would tow you out to sea and let you go if that what's you want but we care about how our real lives are being affected by this current Government whose only promise seems to be to be undo all the damage they have done in the past 10 years.
Yes I will vote Labour in this election despite the media campaign against Corbyn. I have a social conscience so I can't really vote any other way.

Sorry to read about your wife, Steve. I will also vote Labour because I'm fed up with the way the press is having a go at him all the time, although if the Lib Dems were the second strongest party in my constituency I would vote tactically for them.

Chris1963

Nov 8, 2019, 11:26 PM

Team(s): Oxford United / Groundhopper

Post #122 of 596 (1917 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Climate Change] General Election 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

I'm glad that you now agree that Brexit is a serious mistake with negative consequences.

TroubleAtMill
Reserve Team Sub

Nov 9, 2019, 6:56 AM

Post #123 of 596 (1586 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chris1963] General Election 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

So far the politicians of the main parties and their (for and against) brexit minded representatives on here have so far not persuaded me to vote for any of them. They're all centering to much on abuse and lols for that.

Here's hoping, but not expecting, that this will change.

(and apologies for starting this thread)

(This post was edited by TroubleAtMill on Nov 9, 2019, 6:58 AM)

Yatesman
First Team Star

Nov 9, 2019, 2:58 PM

Team(s):

Post #124 of 596 (1494 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steve walker] General Election 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

I'm sorry to hear about your wife's health issues and we all want our loved ones to access the best possible treatment and care.

My partner works in the NHS and the way it is run is a shambles and by that I mean not just by the Gov't but at a local level at the coal face.

The management structure is wrong, remote and target driven and the contracts a lot of the more highly skilled health workers are signed up to are not condusive to providing good quality care 24/7.

Any political party that pledged to take the NHS out of the political arena and have it run independently by a national commission would get my vote.

Your wife would have been triaged upon entry to the A&E and the health professional would have assessed her needs based on clinical assessments and prioritised her accordingly.

You have to remember that too many people use A&E as a way of circumventing doctors' appointments and therefore that clogs up the system.

I would take exception to the notion that only Labour/Liberal/SNP supporters have a social conscience. That is ignorant exceptionalism in extremis.
I think Tories also have a Social Conscience but just have alternative ideas on how to gratify that conscience.

One thing Labour supporters do well is use emotive , individual situations as a broad brush to paint over the whole of society.

As for ScotIndy............I'm not a fan and I'm not a Scot......I just live, love ,work and pay taxes here!

Climate Change
Reserve Team Sub

Nov 9, 2019, 5:01 PM

Post #125 of 596 (1435 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chris1963] General Election 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

I'm glad that you now agree that Brexit is a serious mistake with negative consequences.

How did you come to that conclusion!?

I don't need Google. I have a Hoddy.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 24 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3