Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Ground Hopping & Programmes: General:
Winchester City

Yabba
Ballboy/girl

Nov 25, 2019, 10:19 PM

Team(s): Crewe Alexandra

Post #1 of 6 (973 views)
Shortcut
Winchester City Can't Post or Reply Privately

Not sure if this is the right place for this post as i'm not rally a hopper, i've just seen an opportunity to visit a different ground.

I'm a Crewe fan and will be attending Eastleigh v Crewe Alex in the F.A Cup on Saturday (30.11.19) I've seen that Winchester City are at home in a top 3 clash against Taunton on the same day. As Winchester kicks off at 15:00 and we kick off at 17:30 I think I can make both matches.

Is this realistically possible? What is Winchester's place like? Is there places for parking and is it easy to get in and out of?

Any advice will be more than welcome.

If you've noticed this notice you may notice it's not worth noticing.

kirby knitters
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Nov 25, 2019, 11:11 PM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #2 of 6 (929 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Yabba] Winchester City [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Travelling by rail between the pair or do you have a chauffeur?. Bothered about potentially missing parts of one of them to do the other? Love it Sly

Dr Love
Chelsea Transfer Target

Nov 25, 2019, 11:16 PM

Team(s): Halifax Town

Post #3 of 6 (924 views)
Shortcut

Getting out of the ground itself shouldn't be a problem, but getting onto the M3 might not be the quickest, and you won't have too much time to park up and get into Eastleigh's ground. If you're willing to watch a lower level a Hampshire Premier game with a 2pm kickoff would give you a more relaxed trip in between games, especially as the later kickoff is your intended destination.

(This post was edited by Dr Love on Nov 25, 2019, 11:17 PM)

cherryhopper
Chelsea Transfer Target

Nov 26, 2019, 12:31 AM

Team(s): AFC Bournemouth, Verwood Town, Sunderland

Post #4 of 6 (873 views)
Shortcut

AFC Totton (vs Evesham United) and Sholing (vs Slimbridge) also home in same league and slightly nearer and easier to drive to Eastleigh FC, as is Romsey Town (vs Bemerton Heath Harlequins in Wessex League Div 1). Winchester City not the easiest ground to get away from if heading south, you either have to go towards the city centre, which could be busy on a Saturday close to christmas, or head back north to Kings Worthy then back down south onto the M3. There is a new housing estate off a roundabout just north of Eastleigh's ground about a 5-10 minute walk away where you can park, by the time you get there will probably have to drive past the recently painted double yellow lines and park in the next road on the right.

Yabba
Ballboy/girl

Nov 27, 2019, 11:22 PM

Team(s): Crewe Alexandra

Post #5 of 6 (510 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cherryhopper] Winchester City [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I did look at Totton but Winchester seemed to make the most sense as I have to go past it in the car . I am not to fussed about missing the last 10 minutes of Winchester. My main goal is to watch Crewe. This would just be an aperitif to the main course.

If you've noticed this notice you may notice it's not worth noticing.

cherryhopper
Chelsea Transfer Target

Nov 27, 2019, 11:49 PM

Team(s): AFC Bournemouth, Verwood Town, Sunderland

Post #6 of 6 (491 views)
Shortcut

Just a correction, Winchester City are playing Paulton Rovers, not Taunton Town who are in the division above. It might not be such a good idea to park in the housing estate I mentioned previously. Last night they had put signs up saying 'Private Road, No Matchday Parking' which weren't there the previous Tuesday.Mad

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3