Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Non League Football Information: History:
Sussex County League Div 1 2008/09

Ropemaker
Man City Transfer Target!

Nov 28, 2019, 2:16 PM

Team(s): Hailsham Town

Post #1 of 3 (404 views)
Shortcut
Sussex County League Div 1 2008/09 Can't Post or Reply Privately

Wonder if anyone could clarify a couple of deductions on the SCL Div 1 table from the SCL site for 2008/09? I don't need a table itself just these issues clarified.

Chichester City United were deducted 19pts. This relates to playing Callum Cutler whilst "banned". But there's also tables with Chichester having no deduction. I know there was an appeal somewhere but was the deduction upheld in the end?

Also, the table I have has Ringmer deducted 20pts. This was the season Ringmer went into administration but that seems to have incurred only a 10pt penalty so was there something else?

Thanks in advance

Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

John Treleven
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Nov 28, 2019, 10:22 PM

Team(s):

Post #2 of 3 (353 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ropemaker] Sussex County League Div 1 2008/09 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Pitchero Club History

Chichester City were rocked by a scandal at the end of the season when the Sussex County Football League found them guilty of fielding a banned player during a number of games and as a result the Brighton Charity Cup final was postponed and the final league standings, as well as Chichester's division one status, were held in the balance.

The player in question, Callum Cutler, had been banned by the Hampshire FA two years previously for non-payment of an 8 booking fine whilst playing for a Sunday league side, even though the player had given the money to his manager.

Chichester and the player himself were unaware of the ban imposed by the Hampshire FA but the SCFL found the club guilty and deducted 19 points from Chichester's final points total (the amount of points gained with Cutler playing) which left the club in 14th place, and fined them 550.

They also wanted Chichester to start the 2009/2010 season on minus 10 points but following a successful appeal to the FA this was eventually rescinded.

It is not clearly stated but I would read that as they were deducted the 19 points but not the additional 10

I have Ringmer as deducted 10 (not 20) points

(This post was edited by John Treleven on Nov 28, 2019, 10:27 PM)

Ropemaker
Man City Transfer Target!

Nov 29, 2019, 7:27 PM

Team(s): Hailsham Town

Post #3 of 3 (273 views)
Shortcut
Re: [John Treleven] Sussex County League Div 1 2008/09 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Thanks for that John. Hadn't seen that.

Agree with your interpretation and I've since found this re Chichester's appeal but nothing to confirm the outcome

https://www.chichester.co.uk/...r-saga-1-1512535/amp

Ringmer's Pitchero's history also has them deducted 10pts and finishing 10th as a result but finishing 10th would have them below Chichester which wouldn't be the case with a 19pt deduction!

Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3