Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Non Football Related: General Chat:
General Election 2019

First page Previous page 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 Next page Last page  View All

007Dale
First Team Star

Nov 29, 2019, 9:02 AM

Post #476 of 596 (651 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steve walker] General Election 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To
Just listen to Johnson and watch his body language when asked if he will submit to interview from Neil.

Heís utterly appalling. UK has two weeks to come to its senses.

https://twitter.com/...132411834548224?s=21

When the opposition is Corbyn, everyone in this country needs to hope and pray the Tories win.

Which specific Labour policies do you disagree with? That would probably make your point better rather than just 'I hate Corbyn' who you have presumably never met nor interacted with but just read about.

I feel that Iíve posted on here enough to give a general understanding of what I disagree with, but happy to provide an omnibus edition:

1. Brexit policy
2. Broadband nationalisation / free BB - hugely mis-costed and will destroy the telecoms industry. Will ultimately lead to poorer service.
3. Taxation policy (as discussed at length over a number of posts recently)
4. Nationalisation of multiple utilities
5. IndyRef2 (not in the first 2 years) should be not in this generation as promised during IndyRef1
6. WASPI - unfunded, expensive
7. Scrapping tuition fees
8. Cut working week

Not exhaustive, but a smattering of the things I donít support.

PaulC
Man City Transfer Target!

Nov 29, 2019, 10:12 AM

Team(s): AFC Darwen, Troon, Ayr Utd, Burnley

Post #477 of 596 (615 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Yatesman] General Election 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
I had been looking forward to the Channel4 debate since it was first announced, no more than that this was my one absolute must see debate of the electoral campaign.

I expected to hear seven party leaders but only five political parties consider the climate emergency sufficiently important to have participated, leaders of two others opted out.

A leader who is not prepared to justify his party policy on the existential issue facing the world isn't fit to be sitting in number 10 Downing Street.

Then again the reality is that the people in this country who need action to safeguard the future the most are those who are not old enough to vote on 12th December.

At least I have the satisfaction of knowing that there are five political parties standing who accept that we have an emergency to deal with.

Further proof tonight it is imperative to stop Johnson and deny the Conservative Party a platform to confiscate the future of our young.

I doubt you have drawn the correct conclusion.

The leaders were there because they are desperate for air time.
C4 is desperate for relevance.

Why would Johnson go on to a programme hosted by the most extremely biased ,biased and polarised national news organisation in the country?

The boss of C4 , Alex Mahon, called him a liar recently. Not surprising he turned her down...........Nothing like a woman scorned , eh? The ice stunt was just a puerile hissy fit.

Johnson *is* a liar. Thatís a fact.

Whatís your objection to truth being told!

northstandexile
First Team Star

Nov 29, 2019, 10:33 AM

Team(s): Mansfield Town

Post #478 of 596 (605 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PaulC] General Election 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Surely folk should be voting for a government that would make their life better.

I am not sure how a Boris Conservative government would make life better for a load of low earning people who are struggling to make ends meet.

A conservative prime minister and their policies for the last nine years has made their life worse.

I canít understand why they would vote for a Ďget Brexit doneí when in fact Brexit would not be done for years and their living standards would continue to fall.

Just madness, but I suppose they have been brainwashed by headlines in the media put there by vested interests in order for the rich to get even richer.

(This post was edited by northstandexile on Nov 29, 2019, 10:35 AM)

PaulC

Nov 29, 2019, 10:34 AM

Post #479 of 596 (604 views)
Shortcut

This time itís Nick Ferrari at LBC helping out his old mate Johnson.

Whst a corrupt pro-Tory media we have.

https://twitter.com/...350094895304704?s=21

jon b
Chelsea Transfer Target

Nov 29, 2019, 11:45 AM

Team(s): SUFC, SWFC etc

Post #480 of 596 (590 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Yatesman] General Election 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

NOTHING is more important than Getting Brexit Done

I assume by "getting Brexit done" you mean the UK formally leaving the EU. If current opinion polls are accurate then a Johnson government should ensure we cease to be a member state of the EU by the end of January 2020. However, we'll still face protracted and frustrating negotiators over our future trading relationship with the EU. Negotiations that will take many months, probably years.

jon b
Chelsea Transfer Target

Nov 29, 2019, 11:57 AM

Post #481 of 596 (588 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

I hope you're right.

My fear is that we're taking our eye off the real threat to our way of life, Climate Change. If matters go pear shaped our children, grandchildren etc could be pretty contemptuous of our current navel gazing deck chair re-arranging.

PaulC

Nov 29, 2019, 1:28 PM

Post #482 of 596 (550 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jon b] General Election 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

I hope you're right.

My fear is that we're taking our eye off the real threat to our way of life, Climate Change. If matters go pear shaped our children, grandchildren etc could be pretty contemptuous of our current navel gazing deck chair re-arranging.

Boris Johnsonís dad has it under control.

007Dale
First Team Star

Nov 29, 2019, 1:30 PM

Post #483 of 596 (548 views)
Shortcut

One to send the lefties into a spin:

The Daily Mail is buying the i newspaper.

Although claims it will keep it politically neutral.

jon b
Chelsea Transfer Target

Nov 29, 2019, 1:57 PM

Post #484 of 596 (533 views)
Shortcut
Re: [007Dale] General Election 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
One to send the lefties into a spin:

The Daily Mail is buying the i newspaper.

Into a spin? No.

If they change the political stance they lose the current readership. I doubt whether they're that daft. These days if I buy a national paper it's the "I" because it's not stupidly committed to either left or right. If it's political stance changes I'll save myself some money.

Yatesman
First Team Star

Nov 29, 2019, 1:58 PM

Team(s):

Post #485 of 596 (532 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

I assume by "getting Brexit done" you mean the UK formally leaving the EU. If current opinion polls are accurate then a Johnson government should ensure we cease to be a member state of the EU by the end of January 2020. However, we'll still face protracted and frustrating negotiators over our future trading relationship with the EU. Negotiations that will take many months, probably years.

Yes that is what I mean.

We should be well along that road but the Remainer Parliament has halted that.

We all know there are further negotiations pending in order to create the post Brexit trading arrangement that all parties agree is the right way to proceed.

We need a Government that has a working majority so that it can deliver on it's programme in an orderly and timely fashion.

That's why a Tory majority is desirable at this election.

Yatesman
First Team Star

Nov 29, 2019, 2:08 PM

Team(s):

Post #486 of 596 (529 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

I hope you're right.

No political party is taking Climate Change seriously, whether they stand around in a TV studio gasbagging or not.

If they wrre they would be proposing shrinking the economy, promoting localism not globalism, banning plastic packaging, petrol vehicles and embarking on a comprehensive programme to make homes and businesses more energy efficient.

Foreign policy would be all about promoting protection for the rain forests in the Amazon Basin, Central Africa and Borneo and the temperate forests of Northern Europe/Asia and Canada and other threatened eco systems and on human birth control across the planet.

The Party leaders are too political to be true environmentalists.

Yatesman
First Team Star

Nov 29, 2019, 2:13 PM

Team(s):

Post #487 of 596 (525 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To
I had been looking forward to the Channel4 debate since it was first announced, no more than that this was my one absolute must see debate of the electoral campaign.

I expected to hear seven party leaders but only five political parties consider the climate emergency sufficiently important to have participated, leaders of two others opted out.

A leader who is not prepared to justify his party policy on the existential issue facing the world isn't fit to be sitting in number 10 Downing Street.

Then again the reality is that the people in this country who need action to safeguard the future the most are those who are not old enough to vote on 12th December.

At least I have the satisfaction of knowing that there are five political parties standing who accept that we have an emergency to deal with.

Further proof tonight it is imperative to stop Johnson and deny the Conservative Party a platform to confiscate the future of our young.

I doubt you have drawn the correct conclusion.

The leaders were there because they are desperate for air time.
C4 is desperate for relevance.

Why would Johnson go on to a programme hosted by the most extremely biased ,biased and polarised national news organisation in the country?

The boss of C4 , Alex Mahon, called him a liar recently. Not surprising he turned her down...........Nothing like a woman scorned , eh? The ice stunt was just a puerile hissy fit.

Johnson *is* a liar. Thatís a fact.

Whatís your objection to truth being told!

No objection. Every adult human being on the planet has lied.

Would you go to a party if the host was going around calling you a liar and moralising against you?

PaulC

Nov 29, 2019, 2:47 PM

Post #488 of 596 (513 views)
Shortcut

And yet another poll shows the squeeze on the Tories.

Westminster voting intention:

CON: 42% (-)
LAB: 34% (+2)
LDEM: 13% (-1)
BREX: 4% (+1)
GRN: 3% (+1)

via @PanelbaseMD, 27 - 28 Nov
Chgs. w/ 22 Nov

Meanwhile more weasel words from a weasel Prime Minister. Remember, he doesnít even know how many children he has fathered.

https://twitter.com/...352300935663616?s=21

jon b
Chelsea Transfer Target

Nov 29, 2019, 3:09 PM

Post #489 of 596 (504 views)
Shortcut

Meanwhile in other news, it appears that the implications of equalities legislation has yet to filter through to some of the more backward areas of the kingdom.

Jo Swinson in a TV interview in Cheltenham was asked how she combined her role as party leader with being a parent.

Not a question I recall being posed to any of the male party leaders, even those admitting how many children they have.

Yatesman
First Team Star

Nov 29, 2019, 6:30 PM

Team(s):

Post #490 of 596 (455 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Meanwhile in other news, it appears that the implications of equalities legislation has yet to filter through to some of the more backward areas of the kingdom.

Jo Swinson in a TV interview in Cheltenham was asked how she combined her role as party leader with being a parent.

Not a question I recall being posed to any of the male party leaders, even those admitting how many children they have.

Reasonable question.........a question men should also be asked because most men are also parents, in case you didn't realise, and they too have to balance a career or a job with their fatherly duties, they too lose out on time with their familiess due to excessive work commitments.

Yatesman
First Team Star

Nov 29, 2019, 6:53 PM

Team(s):

Post #491 of 596 (444 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Isn't this your part of the world, Yatesman?

Does his pal Rees-Mogg ever pop in for a pint in your local?

https://www.thenational.scot/...-fined-racist-abuse/

It seems the scourge of anti-Semitism is rife in other parts of Scotland too..

The SNP have withdrawn their candidate for Kirkaldy and Cowdenbeath because it turns out he's a racist scumbag.

By your reckoning that makes Sturgeon a racist scumbag.

(This post was edited by Yatesman on Nov 29, 2019, 6:54 PM)

leohoenig
Administrator

Nov 29, 2019, 7:16 PM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #492 of 596 (431 views)
Shortcut

If only leaving the EU was going to generate the money mentioned on the side of a bus, then perhaps I would not be reading this?
https://www.theguardian.com/...tests-and-treatments

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

jon b
Chelsea Transfer Target

Nov 29, 2019, 9:19 PM

Post #493 of 596 (389 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

Reasonable question.........a question men should also be asked because most men are also parents, in case you didn't realise, and they too have to balance a career or a job with their fatherly duties, they too lose out on time with their familiess due to excessive work commitments.

I think you need urgently to have a chat with HR Cool

That might have been a reasonable question in 1919 but in 2019 it's the sort of question likely to cost you a shed load of money at an industrial tribunal. There are some questions that have gone the way of the dodo.

Time has moved on. Working mothers/fathers don't have to explain their childcare arrangements to get a job.

Yatesman
First Team Star

Nov 29, 2019, 9:22 PM

Team(s):

Post #494 of 596 (388 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] General Election 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
If only leaving the EU was going to generate the money mentioned on the side of a bus, then perhaps I would not be reading this?

The trouble with the NHS is is that however much money you give it it will never be enough and it will never be used efficiently..

Just the nature of the beast!

PaulC

Nov 29, 2019, 10:59 PM

Post #495 of 596 (369 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

How do you work that one out?

Yatesman
First Team Star

Nov 30, 2019, 6:20 AM

Team(s):

Post #496 of 596 (341 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

Because you have a tendency to imply guilt by association.

It's a lefty trait that when taken to its extreme paints all Leavers as xenophobes and all Tory voters as uncaring and all working class Leavers as thickos.

It's why the left are guilty of building the Berlin Wall, the Cultural Revolution in China and the mass ethnic cleansing under Stalin and currently happening in China...............and let's not forget the current Anti-Semitism happening amongst too many Labour and SNP activists.

PaulC

Nov 30, 2019, 8:24 AM

Post #497 of 596 (316 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Because you have a tendency to imply guilt by association.

Silly rant omitted.

Where have I done that with any other party leader?

The difference with your hero Johnson is that his racism is there for all to see. No need to associate him to the racism of other Tory candidates.

leohoenig
Administrator

Nov 30, 2019, 9:22 AM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #498 of 596 (311 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

The trouble with the NHS is is that however much money you give it it will never be enough and it will never be used efficiently..

Just the nature of the beast!

That is a somewhat feeble reading of the runes. Perhaps the Conservative Central Office has not sent out a communicae on this one?

In case you do not remember, Brexit was sold with a big bus giving incorrect figures about the amount of the UK contribution to the budget and where the money could be better spent at home - with the NHS being the headline cause.

Since then, the Conservative team has gone out of its way to push up its claims of inproving the health service, with new hospitals being planned (even if they are already there) and new nurses to be recruited (many of which are already there).

So a reduction in these general tests should just not be there. The NHS is not to be a new case for austerity but should be reaping the whirlwind of the newly available finances once your heroes have completed the Brexit process in the first month of the New year* (*calendar or Chinese still to be defined).

There will be a benefit to the costing of the health service by not doing tests whie conditions are curable - they then spend less on curing. And of course if you have private medical insurance, you can get your tests done there - because then the NHS will take over the burden of treatment anyway.

One has to develop an incedible sense of single issue blindness (which unnfortunately cannot be treated) before you can believe that the NHS will be safe in Conservative hands.

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

Towlawtom
Reserve Team Regular

Nov 30, 2019, 9:41 AM

Post #499 of 596 (295 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] General Election 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Good to see on last night's debate Richard Tice saying with brexit the main priority will be to build more boats for our harbours and take back control of our waters.

That's what brexits all about isn't it ?Looking after a few fisherman where 29 per cent of our quotas are owned by 5 per cent of the richest families from the UK..Incidentally an industry that brings in to the UK as much money as a leading Sausage Roll maker.

Meanwhile millions of UK people lose the right to work, travel freely, set up business and retire in 27 EU countries.

I need to have the last word, as it always looks as if I am right !

(This post was edited by Towlawtom on Nov 30, 2019, 10:51 AM)

PaulC

Nov 30, 2019, 12:27 PM

Post #500 of 596 (262 views)
Shortcut

Welll there's a surprise from the BBC.

Andrew Marr will interview Johnson tomorrow after the the latter chickened out of the Neil interview.

First page Previous page 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3