Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Non-League Football Discussion: Where did you go?:
Saturday 30 November 2019

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

prorege
Man City Transfer Target!

Dec 1, 2019, 7:59 PM

Team(s): Fife teams

Post #51 of 64 (2417 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chesterbird] Saturday 30 November 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

East of Scotland Qualifying Cup Round 3
Kelty Hearts v Gretna, 5-1, H.T. 5-0, Att 280, Admission £7, programme £2, Cheeseburger and Bovril £3
At New Central Park

This game would have been way down my preferred list of options but in extremis meteorologicus then needs must. Nothing on grass survived in East Central Scotland die to the temperature. Some artificial pitches also succumbed as the mercury plummeted. Kelty is a cold place at the best fo times but on this occasion it was bitter – definitely the coldest I have been at a game for a good number of years.

Kelty’s first half performance was very impressive. They comprehensively dismantled Gretna with talisman strik3er Nathan Austin notching a hat trick. The second half was a different story – Gretna stiffened up at the back and defended bravely, nicking a single goal on the break.

After the game the Gretna management ream were sacked – a trifle harsk I feel as the team have improved considerably as the season has progressed.

Kelty march on in the East Qualifying Cup – a tournament with 130 years of history. Unusually winning the Cup is actually a bigger thing than winning the Cup it qualifies you for – the East of Scotland “City” Cup being a bit of an irrelevance these days.

The crowd was probably the lowest of the season at Kelty. Given the temperature and the absence of away fans that is hardly surprising.

The Cheeseburger was very excellent. A thick meat patty on a brioche roll with delightfully fried onions and cheese – cordon bleu football catering at its best. And the Bovril was strong, beefy and boiling hot. Perfection.

Bought a programme out f habit but have never even looked at it. It’s a habit I must finally kick soon.

Far more useful was the teamsheet acquir3ed for the announcer’s box pre-match.

youngster
Chelsea Transfer Target

Dec 1, 2019, 8:12 PM

Team(s):

Post #52 of 64 (2395 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chesterbird] Saturday 30 November 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Felixstowe 2-3 Dereham
Isthmian North
Att 284

If someone had offered me 2-3 before the start I’d have probably took it. Dereham had just had 4 wins scoring 20 goals in the process, but with 30 minutes left and being 2 up, and with Dereham down to 10 men, a home win was “obviously” on the cards.
But our opposition from Norfuck had other ideas, they just went 3 at the back and had a bloody good go, they took control, we just didn’t know what to do and they deserved to win.
Just hope we get our act together before the Tamplin Circus hits Town next Saturday.

Chris1963

Dec 1, 2019, 9:14 PM

Team(s): Oxford United / Groundhopper

Post #53 of 64 (2262 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
QUEEN'S PARK 2 EDINBURGH CITY 1
NO PROG

Just in case you weren't aware, there is an on-line programme for this game on the QP website and it can be printed.

Chris1963

Dec 1, 2019, 9:16 PM

Team(s): Oxford United / Groundhopper

Post #54 of 64 (2253 views)
Shortcut
Re: [martin55] Saturday 30 November 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Thanks Karen, I'm aware of programme issuing being compulsory in this competition but there have been many cases of clubs not issuing in other cups (even the FA Cup) where it is compulsory to issue. It will be interesting to see if a WDYG report appears for the game at Tring Corinthians.

Not there myself but can confirm there was a programme

Went there, did that, got the programme!

As they got knocked out not much chance now of a programme unless they enter again and get a home match!

Thanks for confirming there was a programme, so it's good to know that Tring Corinthians stuck by the rules. Hopefully they will get another home tie next season.

Hertspireite
Junior Team Star

Dec 1, 2019, 9:17 PM

Team(s): Chesterfield FC

Post #55 of 64 (2245 views)
Shortcut
Re: [youngster] Saturday 30 November 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Pinxton FC 5 - 1 Blidworth Welfare (HT 4 - 0)
Van Elle Welfare Arena, Pinxton, Derbyshire
Central Midlands Football League, Level 11
Adm £3/2, Prog £1, Tea £1
Attendance est. HC 47, and 3 dogs.

My first choice was to go to the Coach and Horses ground in Dronfield to see Sheffield FC, but they were called off with a frozen pitch. I found a tweet saying this match had passed a pitch inspection so off down the M1 I went.

It was a cold one. I parked behind the Pinxton Welfare Club, there was also some nearby street parking. The pitch was on the hillside above the club. Due to the recent wet weather Pinxton have only played 1 match in the previous month, so they appeared happy to be playing today. Meatloaf was playing over the loud speakers on my arrival, but there didn't seem to be any kind of announcements made. A small tea room was above the pitch with a container styled toilet block next door. A seated stand for about 50 was on the far side.

Play started on the dot of 3pm, and it began to get a little misty.... Pinxton took the lead, and carried on scoring. The second half saw the fog get worse and Blidworth managed to pull one back. The ref blew his whistle on the dot of 4.45, obviously wanting to get back in to the warm.

Nice to chat to 2 other groundhoppers there, someone trying to complete all the grounds in Derbyshire, but who got easily distracted with day trips in to Nottinghamshire and Staffordshire. Also a young Rotherham United supporter who had attended at least 77 matches this season.

2018 -19 season. 7 new grounds.
2019 -20 season 24 new grounds.
Newest ground visited The Van Elle Welfare Ground, Pinxton FC, Derbyshire, Central Midlands Football League South, Level 11

codofthenorth
First Team Regular

Dec 1, 2019, 9:49 PM

Post #56 of 64 (2195 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Red Sunrise] Saturday 30 November 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To

In Reply To

Not a bad effort for the programme but could do with both squads listing so they can be amended...mind you this fixture was only arranged seven days ago.

Both squads are listed in the programme - Kilwinning on page eight, ours is spread between 16 and 17 with photos. There is space to number the players.

Usually I'd print off the team lists but due to the groundwork it was pen and paper today.

Apologies Red Sunrise...found it!! Spotted Largs squad list no problem.A colourful programme and the penned team sheet on the board always appreciated.

burgesshillbee
First Team Star

Dec 1, 2019, 10:20 PM

Team(s): Brentford

Post #57 of 64 (2153 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Beaver Hateman] Saturday 30 November 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Brentford 7 (SEVEN) v 0 Luton Town FL Championship Adm Season Ticket Prog £3.50 Coffee £2.20 Att 11287
As mentioned by Beaver Hateman, also at Griffin Park on the Ealing Road Terrace as per usual. Yesterdays game was the second anniversary of the passing of my good friend and fellow Bees fan Graham Martin, the boys did him proud putting a poor Luton team to the sword, the last 7-0 win at home in the league was in December 1994 against Plymouth Argyle, this was followed up in January 1995 by a 6-0 win against Cambridge United.
A defensive blunder early on allowed Brentford to take the lead and they then scored 4 goals in the last 16 minutes of the half through Watkins, Jensen and 2 for DaSilva which included a customary goal from outside the penalty area, this gave Brentford an unassailable half time lead. Second half was quieter but Luton's day was summed up when on 69 minutes having used all their subs, one of their subs got injured and was carried off meaning they finished the game with 10 men. Brentford added 2 more goals both penalties one of which was by DaSilva which meant it was his first hat trick and the matchball, not bad for a midfielder. Only 14 games left at Griffin Park. The train gods were also on our side which meant myself and Henfield Bee got home a good 30 minutes earlier than expected. One downside to the day, my laptop got too excited about the Bees win and expired, meaning a costly purchase today !

(This post was edited by burgesshillbee on Dec 1, 2019, 10:23 PM)

The Moose
First Team Star

Dec 2, 2019, 12:45 PM

Team(s):

Post #58 of 64 (1763 views)
Shortcut
Re: [burgesshillbee] Saturday 30 November 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

ISTHMIAN LGE PREM DIV: ENFIELD TOWN 2 WINGATE & FINCHLEY 2

ADM: £11. PROG: £2.50. ATT: 356

Four decades after going to the lamented Southbury Road ground, I finally managed to pitch up at the QEII newbie. The ground is a tad basic, despite having cover on all sides, with three of them being the dreaded Atcost type. My lad spent some of our time away explaining the brutalist architecture around the Barbican, which didn’t really float my boat. By contrast however, the Art Deco main stand at Enfield, did get the juices flowing! A wonderful thing of beauty it is too, incorporating the bar facilities with its spiral staircase.

Game wise, the E’s were a tad fortunate to get a share of the spoils. The equalizer only coming in the 95th minute, which was harsh on the struggling visitors. Around twenty five minutes stroll from Enfield Chase station, which is slightly further than if you chose to go via the Town option. Credit where tiz due to all the staff here too. Friendly welcome on the gate & from the lady program seller. Also the club shop peeps were also helpful so well done to them. I got a tad lost yomping back, so ended up with the Spurs masses at WHL, but still on time for the family evening soirée. Good weekend away for a nice change, with the bonus of a new ground done.

KRTM :-)

leohoenig
Administrator

Dec 2, 2019, 7:58 PM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #59 of 64 (1439 views)
Shortcut
Re: [The Moose] Saturday 30 November 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Regional 2, (tier 7). Centre Val de Loire.
Stade Jean Bouin, Synthetic Pitch
Luisant AC 1-1 Joue les Tours FC Touraine
Admission Free, Attendance ~40

A quite late decision. When choosing games at this stage in the season, I am looking not just at the match, but also where it will be staged. With the recent weather soaking the pitches, it is not uncommon for matches to be moved to artificial surfaces, especially if the team has one adjacent to the main pitch. My first thought for the day was to head to Verson with Cean's second team showing in the afternoon. SM Caen II play on one of the outer pitches at Stade de Venoix (I think) with AG Caen taking the main pitch. (At least, both have their own venues and consistently stick to them).

However, Verson had moved from Jules Rimet 1 to Jules Rimet 2. I think there is a small stand at the grass pitch and I did not fancy the switch.

Luisant also play on an artifical pitch, with no cover next to a grass pitched ground with a stand (and track). The difference here being that they almost always play on the plastic. The FFF website shows every league game on this pitch, so the main one is probably only for bigger cup matches. On arrival I was told that the main ground suffers badly from "splish splosh", (the man I spoke to might not knw the English word waterlogged).

Dressing rooms and a small club room are in the same building as the stand, with a short walk to the other pitch. It is a modern 4G surface. The pitch is railed with a tarmac path all the way around. No shelter for spectators, so I was pleased the rain had cleared and it was merely cold during the game.

Joue les Tours is a place about 5km south of Tours itself. The name Touraine is an old name for a region of France centered on Tours.

Luisant is an area just to the south of Chartres, with one end of the ground bordering the by-pass which I had used the previous week while heading to Sainte Genevieve.

Stade Jean Bouin is a common stadium name in France, and is also the name of Joue's home ground!

With the visitors clear at the top of the league, while Luisant were struggling (10th of 11 teams), I was pleased to see the home side had set themselves up to have a go at their opponents and came close in the early stages.

Gradually though, JLT began to gain the upper hand and it came as no surprise when they found the space on the left side and Balamine Toure put them into the lead. They should have had more, Toure in particular was a force to be reckoned with, but his strike partner, Mohamed Derkaoui kept on selfishly potting soft shots to the keeper when he should have been trying to pass. (To be fair, it was Derkaoui's pass that set Toure free for the goal). Derkaoui even managed to softly place a penalty too close to the keeper and the score at the break was 0-1.

The second half was more of the same, Joue well on top but not giving the home keeper much work to do, while Luisant were always putting the effort in, but generally the visiting defence could shepherd the ball away.

This level of football has rolling subs, although Luisant with only 13 available players did not use them. The two players removed from the pitch by changes stayed off. JLT, in contrast had three subsitutes available, only used two of them but still managed to make six changes. I thought it was cynical, but ultimately led to a failure to manage the game. They made their first two changes just after the hour mark, but brought one back when Derkaoui suffered a knock on 70 minutes. Unfortunately for the game, this left Toure even more isolated in front of a six man midfield, so nothing much was happening. After a 14 minute rest, Derkaoui was returned to the fray and Toure withdrawn. This was a mistake, taking off your most creative player when only leading 1-0. Luisant managed to punish them immediately with their own substitute M'barek El Alouani managing to guide a header just inside the post.

Toure was brought back onto the field just two minutes after leaving it, but it was now too late and JLT's vening got worse when a player reacted badly to a foul received a deserved red card. With Luisant actually hopeful of grabbing all the points during five minutes of injury time, JLT went for timewasting and made yet another change, For their number 6, it meant he was withdrawn from play twice in the game, and yet was only off their field for 9 minutes of playing time!

At the end, two of the Joue les Tours players were arguing across the fences with members of the crowd, and had to be restrained by their team mates. The stewards was keeping the gate closed not to stop spectators attacking the players, but to stop the player from being able to reach the spectator. I hope it gets onto the referee's report.

How this disorganised rabble got to the top of the league is unclear, but if this is typical, I hope they don't stay there.

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

Hornchurchspur
Youth Team Regular

Dec 2, 2019, 10:12 PM

Post #60 of 64 (1310 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Saturday 30 November 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Serie A
Fiorentina 0 Lecce 1
Admission 25 Euros (concession) Attendance 33912

This match was not the highlight of a weekend away in Florence with the home team giving an abject display which was greeted with boos and cat calls at the final whistle. What little threat Fiorentina offered was ended when playmaker Frank Ribery was injured in a tackle just before half time and although his substitute – ex Spurs midfielder Kevin Prince Boateng – tried hard, he never looked like finding his way past the Lecce defence. The only goal came just after the break when a cross was headed in at close range by La Mantia. Immediately afterwards Fiorentina's Flahovic had a couple of efforts saved but blasted his best and easiest chance well over the bar not long before the end. The final opportunity fell to Lecce's Babacar who burst clear following a defensive slip but, in keeping with the rest of the match, his weak shot was easily saved.

The Artemio Franchi stadium is unusual in looks with the main stand built in an Art Deco style, spiral ramps to get to the upper levels of seating ground and a high tower on the open side of the ground. Its about a 25-30 minute walk from the ground to the city centre or it is if you walk it in a straight line. We lost our way on the journey there and it took us a little time to find the footbridge that crosses the railway lines at Campo di Marte station but once located the rest of the walk was straight forward.

We bought tickets on the afternoon before the match from a kiosk not far from the Duomo. Passports were required at the time of purchase (possibly to verify our eligibility for the old codger concession) and passports were also checked on entrance to the ground. We opted for the cheaper tickets on the open side given the good weather forecast and our seats on the halfway line were at just the right elevation to give an excellent view of the pitch – just a pity that what we saw was not of the same quality.

cherryhopper
Chelsea Transfer Target

Dec 2, 2019, 11:34 PM

Team(s): AFC Bournemouth, Verwood Town, Sunderland

Post #61 of 64 (1233 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Hornchurchspur] Saturday 30 November 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Premier League
Tottenham Hotspur 3-2 AFC Bournemouth
Attendance 59,626 (2,900 away fans)
Ticket £30 - Programme £3.50

Fifth straight away defeat to Spurs on three different grounds since Cherries have been in the Premier League but at least we scored for the first time. Cherries had the better of the early exchanges but left themselves open at the back and Spurs broke away with a two on one as Son squared to Dele Alli to open the scoring midway through the first half. Early in the second half Alli was allowed the freedom of the penalty area to run across the box and shoot home the second and soon it was 3-0 with Sissoko, one of two players unmarked at the far post heading in. Harry Wilson gave Cherries hope scoring a free kick with 10 minutes remaining then, just as 6 minutes of injury time came up on the board, the Welshman converted Arnaut Danjuma's cross from the left and an unlikely comeback looked on especially when the two Wilsons' were through on goal deep into stoppage time, Harry was in an offside position so had to leave it to Callum who was denied by a last ditch block from Jan Vertonghen which left the home fans baying for the final whistle after their team looked like they would win comfortably.

First visit to the new Tottenham Hotspur Stadium and what an impressive stadium it is. The roof similar in shape to the Emirates of Etihad but with four tiers on each side, the middle two with boxes behind probably the equivalent of Club Wembley, three tiers in the end I was sat with the away fans in the corner and a massive single tier behind the home end. One thing it doesn't have that the Emirates does is padded seats while there is a row of crush barriers dividing each row of seats which would presumably make it possible to convert into safe standing areas.

Used my Network Card and caught train from Christchurch, something I won't be able to do during the whole of December with the guards at Southwestern on strikeMad.

Leyther_Matt
First Team Star

Dec 3, 2019, 4:14 PM

Team(s): Hibernian, Bolton Wanderers, Atherton Collieries & Leigh Centurions RL

Post #62 of 64 (988 views)
Shortcut
Re: [R.S.Cavendish] Saturday 30 November 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Scottish Premiership
Hibernian 2 Kilmarnock 2
Attendance 16,180
Admission £23

It's a brave new world under Jack Ross at Hibs, or at least that was the plan for an excellent first hour with Hibs coasting in to a 2-0 lead. Things then went pear-shaped in a fashion all too familiar to those of us of a green and white persuasion, though conceding with the very last kick of the game was particularly galling, not least because I had a couple of quid on Hibs 2-1 and Hibs 3-1, both doubled with a Doidge first goal!

An all too rare Saturday visit to Easter Road for mean, with Bolton's exit from the FA Cup presenting a free Saturday then mutated in to a two night stopover and a pleasant weekend all round.

Great seats on the front row of the West Stand Upper Tier, next to the aisle and level with the 6 yard box towards the Dunbar End. Ideal having had a couple of pre-match beers in Jeremiah's Taproom and The Persevere. Staying for the weekend luckily meant avoiding what seemed to be quite an eventful morning on the trains as reported by the north west contingent, and it wasn't much better on our return journey, though I can (just about) take sitting in the vestibule for a couple of hours in return to the refund we were given!

PaulC

Dec 3, 2019, 5:28 PM

Team(s): AFC Darwen, Troon, Ayr Utd, Burnley

Post #63 of 64 (938 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Saturday 30 November 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Joue les Tours is a place about 5km south of Tours itself.

Formerly twinned with Cumnock, now East Ayrshire. It even has a Rue Kilmarnock.

richiejenn
First Team Star

Dec 4, 2019, 2:39 PM

Team(s):

Post #64 of 64 (721 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PaulC] Saturday 30 November 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Saturday 30th November 2019 3pm
FA VASE 3rd Round
GLEBE 1-0 NEWHAVEN
Foxbury Avenue, Chislehurst

Admission: £8
Programme: None printed
Attendance: 60

Glebe are in form right now since appointing former Millwall player Gary Alexander. The home side were quicker to the ball and passed more accurately than Newhaven. However the Dockers had great team spirit but were not able to keep Glebe at bay. Jamie Philpot scored the only goal with 15 minutes to go, a free shot being unmarked at the far post.

The ground slowly improving with the relatively new senior side. There are 2 seating and 1 standing cover on the main touchline and another area of covered standing on the far goal line. No facilities inside the ground but ample refreshments in the clubhouse outside. Worth knowing that the turnstiles only open 15 minutes before kick off.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3