Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Ground Hopping & Programmes: General:
Futbology app

hemelhopper
First Team Star

Dec 3, 2019, 9:28 AM

Team(s): Hemel Hempstead Town FC, Trust Portsmouth FC and The Reds of Cincinnati

Post #1 of 9 (1056 views)
Shortcut
Futbology app Can't Post or Reply Privately

The new name for the now ex- Groundhopper app .. after latest upgrade .. it takes some getting use to but the data is still all there .. just all over the place Tongue

.. oh and I guess we don't go groundhopping anymore .. we go "futbologying" .. Wink

Grounds = 638, Leagues done = 15 (37 to go); Games (19/20) = 102; New Grounds (19/20) = 82; Goals (19/20) = 441; Ave goals/game = 4.32; Last new ground = Bourton Rovers; Next = Tues 10th Dec 2019

Atavistic
Reserve Team Star

Dec 3, 2019, 10:19 AM

Team(s): Norwich City, Yaxley

Post #2 of 9 (1024 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hemelhopper] Futbology app [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Baffling name change that takes away the app's identity and makes it sound moronic instead. And they've completely ruined the formatting as well, for no apparent reason. I don't want a plain white screen as the app home screen, when I could have all the features efficiently displayed there as was already the case.

2019/20 stats (including Pre-Season):

New Grounds: 19 (Most Recent: Marlow)
Games: 28
Goals: 96
Goals Per Game (to 2 dp): 3.43
0-0s: 1

My Blog: https://thetortoisetravels.blogspot.co.uk/

leohoenig
Administrator

Dec 3, 2019, 12:10 PM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #3 of 9 (969 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Atavistic] Futbology app [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I have not seen the update yet, even though I reloaded the app yesterday. Silly name though.

On reloading, I found I could not get in, as I could not answer the security question. It turned out it was not my password that I had forgotten (I use one password for everything that does not need to be secure although this has variations to fit when an app requires capital letters or a special character to be included). I had actually forgotten the username, and had tried to use my e-mail address instead.

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

gpope
Junior Team Regular

Dec 4, 2019, 1:52 PM

Team(s):

Post #4 of 9 (747 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Futbology app [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Still looks good. All the features are still there including a new feature which displays all of your different teams fixtures. The white screen is slightly odd at the front though. Your friends check ins will eventually fill it up.

Groundhopping through the season.

Wheelbarrow
First Team Star

Dec 4, 2019, 5:58 PM

Post #5 of 9 (669 views)
Shortcut
Re: [gpope] Futbology app [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Yep, I'm a Futbologist now too!

My phone has the sidebar menu expanded as default so you get all the options visible straight away (Android phone).

Southend_Loyal
Junior Team Regular

Dec 4, 2019, 6:16 PM

Team(s): Southend, Cagliari, Glasgow Rangers

Post #6 of 9 (662 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Atavistic] Futbology app [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Baffling name change that takes away the app's identity and makes it sound moronic instead. And they've completely ruined the formatting as well, for no apparent reason. I don't want a plain white screen as the app home screen, when I could have all the features efficiently displayed there as was already the case.

I agree with this. And Nearby fixtures only goes upto 50km which is a horrid change in my book

Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them. I just plod along ground hopping

Wheelbarrow
First Team Star

Dec 4, 2019, 6:44 PM

Post #7 of 9 (655 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Southend_Loyal] Futbology app [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I agree with this. And Nearby fixtures only goes upto 50km which is a horrid change in my book

I've still got the three radio button options for 50km, 150km & 300km

intheshire
Youth Team Regular

Dec 4, 2019, 10:55 PM

Team(s):

Post #8 of 9 (596 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Wheelbarrow] Futbology app [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I still get the three buttons too.

While I don't like the new name especially, it's worth remembering it is made for non-English speakers (as a first language) as much as it is for English speakers. The developers of the app are Norwegian and looking at the photos I would guess UK users are second behind German ones.

While groundhopping is an internationally understood term, I imagine that they have chosen a more international name deliberately, although it's not one I particularly like I can understand the reasoning.

I haven't got used to the new layout yet, but I find that every time a favourite website or app changes its layout I dislike it until I get used to it, at which point I basically forget what it used to look like. I expect this will be the same.

At the end of the day it's a great 'nerve centre' for my groundhopping activities whatever it's calling itself, there's nothing else quite like it in functionality and for that they can call it what they like :) also, I met Geir from the app at a Tower Hamlets game and he's a top bloke so I'm going to to give him the benefit of the doubt

Last Ground (245): Brinsford Stadium, Wolverhampton Casuals
2019-20 - 31 games, 31 new grounds

Southend_Loyal
Junior Team Regular

Dec 5, 2019, 8:28 AM

Team(s): Southend, Cagliari, Glasgow Rangers

Post #9 of 9 (522 views)
Shortcut
Re: [intheshire] Futbology app [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I still get the three buttons too.

While I don't like the new name especially, it's worth remembering it is made for non-English speakers (as a first language) as much as it is for English speakers. The developers of the app are Norwegian and looking at the photos I would guess UK users are second behind German ones.

While groundhopping is an internationally understood term, I imagine that they have chosen a more international name deliberately, although it's not one I particularly like I can understand the reasoning.

I haven't got used to the new layout yet, but I find that every time a favourite website or app changes its layout I dislike it until I get used to it, at which point I basically forget what it used to look like. I expect this will be the same.

At the end of the day it's a great 'nerve centre' for my groundhopping activities whatever it's calling itself, there's nothing else quite like it in functionality and for that they can call it what they like :) also, I met Geir from the app at a Tower Hamlets game and he's a top bloke so I'm going to to give him the benefit of the doubt

Thanks to you and Wheelbarrow. Although I dont see the buttons, if i press where they used to be, I see the fixtures up to 300km (massive sigh of relief). I've spoken to Geir and it is a bug they are working on fixing.
With regards everything else you say, I'm in total agreement. The name is naff but has been changed to have a wider appeal (and some people think Ground hopper is on a par with train spotter!)
I dont get the need for the change in layout, but like you, will get used to it over time.
For me, its all about the content. If that remains unchanged, I'm ok with it

Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them. I just plod along ground hopping

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3