Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Non Football Related: General Chat:
General Election 2019

First page Previous page 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 Next page Last page  View All

PaulC
Man City Transfer Target!

Dec 3, 2019, 1:12 PM

Team(s): AFC Darwen, Troon, Ayr Utd, Burnley

Post #551 of 596 (909 views)
Shortcut
Re: [007Dale] General Election 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Meanwhile, a missing persons report has been filed for Diane Abbott. Rumours she’s been locked away by Momentum until 13th December have been denied by the communist group.

Maybe trapped in the same place as Hunt, Duncan-Smith, Rees-Mogg and McVey.

jon b
Chelsea Transfer Target

Dec 3, 2019, 3:47 PM

Team(s): SUFC, SWFC etc

Post #552 of 596 (873 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Yatesman] General Election 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
However, like a lot of the rich and privileged doing some 'Good Works' for society and taking a liberal , moral high ground approach to politics is a salve to their conscience for having such a large slice of society's pie

Ah, the old selflessness is selfish cobblers.

Ebenezer Scrooge cynicism.

(This post was edited by jon b on Dec 3, 2019, 3:50 PM)

jon b
Chelsea Transfer Target

Dec 3, 2019, 4:38 PM

Post #553 of 596 (866 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PaulC] General Election 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Meanwhile, a missing persons report has been filed for Diane Abbott. Rumours she’s been locked away by Momentum until 13th December have been denied by the communist group.

Maybe trapped in the same place as Hunt, Duncan-Smith, Rees-Mogg and McVey.

I understand that the Lib Dems are hoping that, if they ask nicely, the jailers of Abbott, Rees-Mogg etc will find space in that deep, dark dungeon for Ms Swinson.

Yatesman
First Team Star

Dec 3, 2019, 6:08 PM

Team(s):

Post #554 of 596 (834 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jon b] General Election 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
However, like a lot of the rich and privileged doing some 'Good Works' for society and taking a liberal , moral high ground approach to politics is a salve to their conscience for having such a large slice of society's pie

It's easy to appear selfless when you come from a rich and priviliged background.

Unfortunately the father of Jack Merrit couldn't help but intensify the politicisation of his son's death by his comments.

That is typical of the rich elite who think their voice has more value than the rest of society.

Steveb
Chelsea Transfer Target

Dec 3, 2019, 6:24 PM

Team(s): England, Leicester City, Bedfont & Feltham

Post #555 of 596 (829 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Yatesman] General Election 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

It's easy to appear selfless when you come from a rich and priviliged background.

Unfortunately the father of Jack Merrit couldn't help but intensify the politicisation of his son's death by his comments.

That is typical of the rich elite who think their voice has more value than the rest of society.

And the award for crassest post so far goes to Yatesman Frown

http://stevebthegroundhopper.blogspot.co.uk/

Yatesman
First Team Star

Dec 3, 2019, 9:01 PM

Team(s):

Post #556 of 596 (788 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Steveb] General Election 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

I don't think I'll lose any sleep about that.

The father crossed the line from grief to political point scoring when he raged against the D Mail for printing a relevant story about convicted terrorists out on our streets.
I get it that for him to criticise Terrorist Rehabilitation schemes would be a step too far seeing as his son worked in that field but going political was a step unnecessary and put him in a different place.

I am totally against these scummers ever being free to walk the streets. Jihadis are beyond redemption, beyond the pale.

If that's crass......... Boo Hoo, .I don't care!

steve walker
Administrator

Dec 3, 2019, 9:20 PM

Team(s):

Post #557 of 596 (771 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

The father crossed the line from grief to political point scoring when he raged against the D Mail for printing a relevant story about convicted terrorists out on our streets.
I get it that for him to criticise Terrorist Rehabilitation schemes would be a step too far seeing as his son worked in that field but going political was a step unnecessary and put him in a different place.

I am totally against these scummers ever being free to walk the streets. Jihadis are beyond redemption, beyond the pale.

I'm sure you are a very nice person Mr Yatesman but you simply don't come across that way reading your last few posts on this subject. The guy has just lost his son for goodness sake, at least show just a little compassion.

He was responding to Johnsons immediate 'I am going to lock them all up and throw away the key' election pitch. So I really don't think it's him doing political point scoring, he was responding to Johnsons reaction which seems fair enough.

Obviously Corbyn is going to join in on such a hot topic by bringing up privatised probation services, policing and prison cuts. Nobody will disagree that this scumbag should still be in prison but blaming it on Labour... even the Tory stalwarts sent out to plug that line on the media seemed to have a hard time doing so.

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Dec 3, 2019, 9:34 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #558 of 596 (766 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Rich and priviliged ? Elite?

He has a career in the social housing sector, like me.

As we say at home, you're some tulip..........Crazy

Yatesman
First Team Star

Dec 3, 2019, 9:35 PM

Team(s):

Post #559 of 596 (766 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steve walker] General Election 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

I'm sure you are a very nice person Mr Yatesman but you simply don't come across that way reading your last few posts on this subject. The guy has just lost his son for goodness sake, at least show just a little compassion.

He was responding to Johnsons immediate 'I am going to lock them all up and throw away the key' election pitch. So I really don't think it's him doing political point scoring, he was responding to Johnsons reaction which seems fair enough.

Obviously Corbyn is going to join in on such a hot topic by bringing up privatised probation services, policing and prison cuts. Nobody will disagree that this scumbag should still be in prison but blaming it on Labour... even the Tory stalwarts sent out to plug that line on the media seemed to have a hard time doing so.

I do have sympathy for the families of the victims. Of course I do
My daughter and grandson were in London at the weekend at the Hyde Park Winter Wonderland..........There are enough risks as it is without this blithe and reckless attitude towards the liberty and ill-percieved rights of convicted terrorists.

I just wish he had kept a dignified silence with regard to the press legitimately printing stories on the attack, the aftermath and the political ramifications.

A Terrorist attack is alwways going to be politicaL You can not make it not so.

steve walker
Administrator

Dec 3, 2019, 10:08 PM

Team(s):

Post #560 of 596 (746 views)
Shortcut

Well I'm sure you meant to make a point but in doing so your comments display little sympathy for the victims of this particular crime.

Almost as though they deserved it because they are "rich and privileged" (I have no idea if they are or not) and were merely participating in a charity prisoner rehabilitation scheme as "a salve to their conscience for having such a large slice of society's pie"
I mean seriously those comments are offensive to every person with any sense of decency.

We should leave it there and get on back to GE discussion.

007Dale
First Team Star

Dec 4, 2019, 3:49 PM

Post #561 of 596 (632 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To
Conservatives 42% (+1)
Labour 35% (+1)
LibDem 13% (-)
Brexit Party 3% (-1)

ICM Nov 29-Dec 2

Tories lead down 10 points since mid-Nov.

ICM hasn’t had a lead above 10%, so not sure how dropping to 7% is down 10.

This is of course flat on the previous poll.

Survation is at 9% lead (down 2%).

Electoral Calculus has taken the lead back up to 34 seats.

Most polls in the 7-12% range. The Lower end of that range would be very tight, indeed, for a majority.

No poll (has yet) given Labour a majority, or even a lead, so we may be safe from the worst of the economic devastation they’d cause unfettered.

Kantar has the Tory majority at 12% - up 1%.

YouGov keeps the Tory lead at 9%, the first survey to fully cover the post-terror period.

Time rapidly running out for Labour to recover.

Towlawtom
Reserve Team Regular

Dec 4, 2019, 4:12 PM

Post #562 of 596 (623 views)
Shortcut

Might be an idea for JC to put this out on any upcoming labour party political broadcasts.

https://twitter.com/ToryFibs/status/1202003580942790657?s=19

I need to have the last word, as it always looks as if I am right !

Yatesman
First Team Star

Dec 4, 2019, 6:04 PM

Team(s):

Post #563 of 596 (586 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Towlawtom] General Election 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Might be an idea for JC to put this out on any upcoming labour party political broadcasts.

https://twitter.com/ToryFibs/status/1202003580942790657?s=19

Actions speak louder than words.

Under his leadership the Anti-Semitic Momentum group have infiltrated the Labour Party

He turns a blind eye and they give him support.

Under his leadership Jewish people feel alienated and marginalised.

007Dale
First Team Star

Dec 5, 2019, 5:36 AM

Post #564 of 596 (506 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

Kantar has the Tory majority at 12% - up 1%.

YouGov keeps the Tory lead at 9%, the first survey to fully cover the post-terror period.

Time rapidly running out for Labour to recover.

And ComRes keeps the Tory Majority at 10%, again covering the post-terror period.

PaulC

Dec 5, 2019, 8:50 AM

Post #565 of 596 (465 views)
Shortcut

I necent elections Labour has outperformed the final polls by 5%.

007Dale
First Team Star

Dec 5, 2019, 1:04 PM

Post #566 of 596 (419 views)
Shortcut

Three Brexit Party MEP’s have resigned and one has been sacked.

They have said they will be voting Tory at the General Election.

Something of a kick in the teeth for Farage and boost to Boris.

Tories heading for a win...

PaulC

Dec 5, 2019, 2:56 PM

Post #567 of 596 (384 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Three Brexit Party MEP’s have resigned.

Annunziata Rees-Mogg, sister of missing Tory minister
Lucy Harris - partner works for Jacob Rees-Mogg
Lance Forman - long-time friend of Boris Johnson and Gove

PaulC

Dec 5, 2019, 7:49 PM

Post #568 of 596 (307 views)
Shortcut

Andrew Neil addresses the cowardly incumbent of Number 10.

https://twitter.com/.../1202670854410297344

Yatesman
First Team Star

Dec 5, 2019, 10:07 PM

Team(s):

Post #569 of 596 (274 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

I would hope he finds time to sit and have a wee chat with Mr O'Neil but I'm guessing he's been a tad busy , what with dealing with terrorist attacks and attending NATO conferences et al.

Mark Hardy
First Team Sub

Dec 5, 2019, 10:53 PM

Team(s): Farnborough

Post #570 of 596 (267 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

I would hope he finds time to sit and have a wee chat with Mr O'Neil but I'm guessing he's been a tad busy , what with dealing with terrorist attacks and attending NATO conferences et al.

Well said, it is not compulsory to be interviewed on the TV. Most have already made up their minds, possibly from manifestos.

Tory; Let's get on with it.

Lib Dems; We don't like the first result so we will just scrap it.

Green; Spend billions on green initiatives, which 're important, and stop people from moving.

SNP; Independence, Independence, Independence.

Plaid Cymru; Wales voted to leave but we don't care.

Labour; Everything is free in My Magic Grandpa fantasy world.

PaulC

Dec 5, 2019, 11:12 PM

Post #571 of 596 (263 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

LOL!

He found time to be ‘interviewed’ by the hard-hitting Schofield and Willoughby today. The simple truth is those pulling Johnson’s strings are aware of how useless he is in an interview,.

PaulC

Dec 5, 2019, 11:18 PM

Post #572 of 596 (259 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mark Hardy] General Election 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Well said, it is not compulsory to be interviewed on the TV. Most have already made up their minds, possibly from manifestos.

Just how pitiful is your excuse for the Prime Minister running scared of Andrew Neil?

Johnson is a coward, His minders are terrified of him being put under pressure.

It is an insult to the voters that Johnson will not submit himself to scrutiny, but then the Tories have treated the voters with contempt throughout this campaign.

007Dale
First Team Star

Dec 6, 2019, 5:40 AM

Post #573 of 596 (246 views)
Shortcut

Assuming BoJo doesn’t do the Andrew Neil interview (which I don’t think he will), tonight’s debate will be the last big TV spectacle of the campaign.

The Tory’s will be hoping Boris can avoid disaster (the equivalent of not losing a 4-0 first-leg lead) Corbyn has to utterly destroy him, given the state of the polls.

For Labour Party supporters, it will probably end up being another night when they rue the decision to appoint such an abject, appalling leader. Anyone half-decent could have had a serious chance of winning this election.

windydcfc

Dec 6, 2019, 6:54 AM

Team(s): Derby County FC England Borussia Mönchengladbach

Post #574 of 596 (237 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

Just how pitiful is your excuse for the Prime Minister running scared of Andrew Neil?

Johnson is a coward, His minders are terrified of him being put under pressure.

It is an insult to the voters that Johnson will not submit himself to scrutiny, but then the Tories have treated the voters with contempt throughout this campaign.

Andrew Neil doesn’t allow politicians to just spout their own parties policies. Or if they do, he’ll dig deeper and ask difficult questions that makes those politicians squirm.
I think Boris is just a figurehead politician and that’s why he won’t want to be interviewed & scrutinised by the best.

Non League Projection - 2020/21: https://docs.google.com/...UTgVhKYTo/edit#gid=0
Step 1: https://www.google.com/....119447550000018&z=7
Step 2: https://www.google.com/...677250654298405&z=15
Step 3: https://www.google.com/...358611350589399&z=16
Step 4: https://www.google.com/...536616305542566&z=16
Step 5: https://www.google.com/...399355140531952&z=16
Step 6: https://www.google.com/...1556307438963813&z=9

jon b
Chelsea Transfer Target

Dec 6, 2019, 7:00 AM

Post #575 of 596 (228 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mark Hardy] General Election 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Tory; Let's get on with it.

Tory:

Don't look at what a mess we've made and the pain we've inflicted on those least able to cope with it.

Let's pretend we've only been in office a few months rather than since 2010 so all the abject failures aren't our fault (the Matt Hancock line).

Let's pretend local government is responsible for the cuts in local services rather than the huge cuts in funding from Tory central government (the Priti Patel line).

Let's find an orchard of magic money trees that will put right the mess we've made.

Let's lock away the worst of the privileged Rees Mogg type right wing fruit cakes for the duration of the campaign.

Let's hide from Andrew Neil scrutiny.

Let's pretend the delay in Brexit has nothing to do with us, despite the "Spartans", and the ERG being just as responsible for it as the others who voted down May's deal.

Let's pretend that the revised Withdrawal Deal isn't just May's deal coupled with a betrayal of the DUP.

First page Previous page 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3