Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Non-League Football Discussion: General Discussion:
Forum Closure

steve walker
Administrator

Dec 6, 2019, 9:32 AM

Team(s):

Post #1 of 3 (5283 views)
Shortcut
Forum Closure Can't Post or Reply Privately

For anyone not following the threads in the other section this is just a reminder that this forum will close tomorrow, Saturday.

Replacing it will be a brand new shiny forum which you will find HERE

As discussed previously the change has become necessary since the software that runs this forum has not been updated by the Developers for more than a decade and isn't going to be. Regular posters have learnt how to get around some of the glitches but new users will just find some aspects disfunctional.

Unfortunately I cannot export any of the content or User details from this forum to the new. This means that you will need to register on the new forum once registrations open tomorrow. I would suggest for the sake of continuity that you re-register with the same User Name, but that is at your discretion. Please make one user account and one user account only (I have no idea why some people want more than one). The Admin functions on the new software are far more sophisticated, any multiple signups will be far easier to spot and all connected accounts will be deleted.

It's the end of an era and the start of a new one but I think this change, although risky, is necessary looking at the long term picture as any server software upgrade could cause this software to stop working at any time without notice. I hope you'll all join me on the new forum and we can carry on NLM discussion for many more years!

This forum will remain online for reference purposes and will be read only.

Thanks..... Steve

derekn
First Team Star

Dec 6, 2019, 11:00 AM

Team(s): Taunton Town

Post #2 of 3 (5218 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steve walker] Forum Closure [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

When you say that content can't be exported to the new forum, does this mean that all 'live' threads have to start again from scratch?

steve walker
Administrator

Dec 6, 2019, 11:31 AM

Team(s):

Post #3 of 3 (5187 views)
Shortcut
Re: [derekn] Forum Closure [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Yes unless you want to copy and paste the posts from this forum to an identical thread on the new.
Steve

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3