Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Non-League Football Discussion: Where did you go?:
Tuesday 3rd December 2019

Dave 56
First Team Sub

Dec 3, 2019, 10:24 PM

Team(s): Leatherhead

Post #1 of 22 (3162 views)
Shortcut
Tuesday 3rd December 2019 Can't Post or Reply Privately

NWCFL Division 1 South. £5/£3. Programme £1. Crowd 98 (Official).

Abbey Hulton United 3 v 2 Eccleshall

My first visit here since they joined the North West Counties League. Parking difficult but otherwise no issues. In fact I would say it is one of the friendliest clubs I have visited in the area. The ground has of course changed a little with the addition of lights and stands but other changes are minimal.

Great game tonight with the home side taking a 2-0 lead with goals on 8 and 25 minutes and looking much the better side against opponents who sat just one place from a play off position.

Clearly the visitors had quite a talking to at the break and came out fired up. They were awarded a penalty on 50 minutes, calmly taken to halve the arrears. Eight minutes later they were level and from there both sides had chances to win it. United struck the crucial goal in the 64th minute to take all 3 points. Spent the match with Wiretown Editor who will probably add his own report in due course.

HantsLondoner
First Team Star

Dec 3, 2019, 10:51 PM

Team(s): Hants/Middx/Sussex Non-League, Brentford, THFC, Eastleigh, SC Freiburg

Post #2 of 22 (3104 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dave 56] Tuesday 3rd December 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

National League

Eastleigh 0 Wrexham 2

admission S/T, otherwise £15, programme £2-00, attendance 1542 (56 away)

13th v 24th
All the people sitting around me were forecasting an easy victory, except for me. Reasons were: 1) FA Cup hangover; 2) With Wrexham's squad, there was no way they should be bottom of the league. In the event I was proved right in spades; the home team were abysmal for 90 mins and a competent performance by the visitors ensured them an easy victory.
An early scramble in the Wrexham area, ending with Smart blasting over was deceptive; after that the visitors took over, marking closely, winning 50-50 balls, all the basics, and they also looked to break dangerously with plenty of pace. It was they who came out and applied the pressure, Jennings had a header saved, as did Wright with a long shot, before they took the lead on 16 mins, a cross from the left being turned in at the near post by the poorly-marked Patrick. No comeback from the hosts and Kennedy, unchallenged, ran through to meet a cross but headed wide. On 42 mins Wrexham got their second; a ball through the middle found the speedy Patrick who beat Hollands and slipped the ball past Stryjek, who got something on it but couldn't prevent the goal. Rendell nearly had a shot for the hosts, but hesitated too long, then he did get a shot on target, saved by Lainton. HT 0-2.
After the break the home team flickered briefly but were way off the pace and solid defending by the visitors kept them out easily. However, the home team should have had a penalty when Atkinson was clearly pulled down in the box, but the ref let this go, just as he let Lainton's repeated timewasting go. He needn't have bothered; a change to 4-3-3 on the hour, and the introduction of Cup scorer Barnes failed to raise the team, a free-kick by Payne was well over, Smart and Barnes had shots blocked. Near the end Grant broke down the left for the visitors and had a decent shot saved.
And that was about it.... scant reward for those struggling down the 'smart' M27 tonight and facing all manner of delays. 'Beat the bottom two at home in our next two games and we'll be near the play-offs' was the cry - well, not quite...

If you're going to/been to a Hampshire Premier League match, I'd really appreciate you filling in a questionnaire - available in the Groundhopping/General section, or just PM me for a copy. Thanks.

barcud-coch
First Team Star

Dec 3, 2019, 11:00 PM

Post #3 of 22 (3072 views)
Shortcut
Re: [HantsLondoner] Tuesday 3rd December 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Westfields 8 Malvern Town Reserves 0

Allpay Park: Herefordshire County Challenge Cup Second Round

Westfields had been become something of a regular midweek haunt this season with a number of visits to watch both the first and under-18 teams at Allpay Park. I was at last at this ground only a fortnight ago to watch the first team entertain Tuffley rovers in Hellenic League action and then 24 hours later watched the under-18 team face their Bishop’s Cleeve counterparts in a Gloucestershire Floodlit Youth League encounter. This evening it was the turn of the first team again as they welcome Malvern Town Reserves to Allpay Park for the Herefordshire County Challenge Cup second round tie. Both teams knew that they would travel to Bromyard Town of the west Midlands (Regional) League First Division in the next round of the competition if they were successful this evening. Westfields had made an excellent start to their inaugural Hellenic League Premier Division campaign and sat at the summit of the table with an unbeaten record. However, the Hereford club bowed out of the FA Vase on Saturday following a 3-1 home reverse at the hands of Lutterworth Town from the United Counties League Premier Division. The Leicestershire club had now dismissed Westfields from both of the FA competitions they had participated in this season. Malvern Town Reserves sat at the summit of the Herefordshire FA County League Division, which makes them eligible for this competition and the Worcestershire Junior Cup, winning seven of their eight league fixtures thus far. The Langland Stadium outfit had maintained their fine start to the campaign with a 6-3 victory at Fownhope on Saturday afternoon after bowing out of the Worcestershire Junior Cup to Worcester City Reserves less than 48 hours earlier.

Westfields opened the scoring this evening in the minute, moments after coming closing to going behind, when Aidan Thomas was played in on goal and swept the ball past the Mlavern Town Reserves goalkeeper from close range. The hosts doubled their lead when Richard Greaves headed home from a 33rd minute corner and that is how the score remained when Chris Bounds' half-time whistle sounded. Thomas netted his second goal of the evening, 13 minutes after the restart, when he scored from a tight angle to beat the visiting at his near post. Thomas completed his treble in the 61st minute when the striker was picked-out in space in the penalty area and tucked the ball past the Malvern Town Reserves goalkeeper. Keanu Copper got his name on the score sheet nine minutes later when the former AFC Ludlow player fired home after a corner was only partially cleared by the visiting defence. Caeron Peters then extended the Westfields tally in the 80th minute when he found the net from the edge of the Malvern Town Reserves penalty area following a good pass of play by the Hereford club. Peters doubled his own personal tally eight minutes later when he twisted and turned in the penalty area before finally sweeping the ball into the net was grounded on the floor. The scoring was finally completed in the 90th minute when Bates headed in from a corner at the near post to emphatically seal the hots's progress to the last-eight stage of the competition and they can now begin to look forward to a trip to the Delahay Meadow in the continued defence of the county cup.

2019/20 Statistics
Goals: 528
Matches: 100
New Grounds: 16

penny banner
Youth Team Regular

Dec 3, 2019, 11:03 PM

Post #4 of 22 (3070 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dave 56] Tuesday 3rd December 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

RAMSGATE v Leatherhead. Velocity Trophy. Kick Off: 19.49 I.M.T. Result: 2-3. Admission £5 for the senile. Programme: Finally admitted they aren't going to bother any more for cup games, can't really blame them in view of the pathetic attendances. Team sheets freely available. Tonight's pathetic attendance: 86

A really good game and the Rams can consider themselves unlucky to lose this one. Why can't they play like this in the league? Nice to meet up with ex. and current groundhoppers supporting Leatherhead. Top tunes as always on the tannoy, weather warmer than anticipated and bus home spot on time, obviously not being driven by an Isthmian League referee!

oxpete
Chelsea Transfer Target

Dec 3, 2019, 11:08 PM

Team(s): Pompey

Post #5 of 22 (3057 views)
Shortcut

Spartan South Midland Premier
Wembley 2-2 London Colney

Entry: £7
Attendance: officially 26, and a headcount of not much more...

A new tick for me, and one I really should have got out of the way many seasons ago - I did once turn up for a fixture here that was rained off in November 2009, but travel here is so easy that there are few excuses not to get it out of the way. The nearest station is Sudbury & Harrow Road (from where there are even occasional direct trains to Oxford!) but the service is skeletal, early closing, and non-existent at weekends. Fortunately, Sudbury Town station on the Piccadilly line is only a short walk further south and under ten minutes walk from the ground, while North Wembley on the Bakerloo Line out of Paddington (and Overground out of Euston) is about the same distance to the north-east. Buses are plentiful from all directions.

A decent Step5 ground, with a plush clubhouse, basic supporters’ shop, hot food and even the occasional small bank of concrete terracing dotted around. I even picked up an old match-worn WFC shirt for a tenner - no.7 in the style of Ajax Amsterdam, I’m guessing from a season in the late nineties.

A decent match on the pitch, with lowly London Colney coming back from behind twice in the second half, thanks to the jammiest of deflections and to a last minute breakaway. Wembley will no doubt be kicking themselves for letting it slip, but you couldn’t begrudge London the point that they worked so hard for. Just a shame that there was such a woeful attendance here to witness it...

pokal02
First Team Star

Dec 4, 2019, 12:23 AM

Team(s): Barnet, Cockfosters, Truro City, Udinese

Post #6 of 22 (2942 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oxpete] Tuesday 3rd December 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Odd Down 1-2 Chipping Sodbury
Western Lge Prem
Att 43 Adm+Prog £3 (conc) Coffee £1

Fairly typical Step 5 ground for this part of the country, 100-seat covered stand on one side, some cover behind one goal and hardstanding elsewhere except behind far goal. The side opposite the stand has been fenced off since my previous visit in 1991. Bar/tea hut/loo all outside ground just before the entrance. Car park OK for this sort of crowd (plenty of spaces on my arrival at 19:00).

Odd Down are on a long losing run and it showed. The bottom-placed visitors started brightly and took the lead on 6' as a low cross from the left was turned in at close range. On 14' an away forward beat the offside trap, rounded the keeper but the shot hit the post. The rebound tapped in from 3 yards although there was a defender much nearer the ball than the attacker. On 21' Odd Down pulled a goal back with a near post header from a corner on the right. Although there was no more scoring, the visitors continued to create the better chances until right at the end the away keeper had to make a good save from a close-range header.

No problems on a closure-free M4 & indoors on the stroke of midnight.

Windy
First Team Sub

Dec 4, 2019, 3:02 AM

Team(s):

Post #7 of 22 (2874 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oxpete] Tuesday 3rd December 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

FA Vase Third Round - AFC Mansfield 1 Newark Flowserve 3 - Admission £7 - Programme £2 - Attendance 145

A long night in Nottinghamshire that almost saw no football at all. Arrived at around 6.50 and the pitch was in darkness. The generator had packed up and the fuse in the pavilion had blown according to Twitter so it was then a wait until an electrician could come along and sort out the problem. The lights came on and then almost immediately they went off again ! We had to start by 8.30 and at around 8.10, the lights came on and the game got the go ahead. We eventually started at 8.32, without the players having a full warm up and if my memory is right, it must have been the latest start for a match that I’ve attended in England in my many years of watching football. What we didn’t need was a match that went to extra time, which would have seen a finish later than 11.0. Fortunately this was done and dusted in the 90 minutes.

AFC Mansfield took the lead after just 5 minutes when Brandon Webster’s ball in from the left wing found Phil Buxton who crashed the ball into the top left corner from 20 yards. Flowserve equalised on 15 minutes when Ben Hutchinson squared to Jamie Lloyd to net inside the six yard box.

The crucial second goal came ten minutes into the second period and it was very straightforward with a Kyle Dixon corner headed home from close range by Hutchinson. Mansfield offered very little going forward and didn’t look likely to get an equaliser and the final blow to their chances came with eight minutes remaining and it was a nice move with a Hutchinson flick setting Sam Agar clear and he put the ball on a plate for Daniel Meadows to get Flowserve’s third. Meadows had the ball in the net seconds before the referee blew the final whistle, but that was ruled out for offside.

A deserved win for Flowserve and their many fans, who made up around two thirds of AFC Mansfield’s largest crowd of the season. Clear run back down the M1 with the abode reached at 1.0 am.

(This post was edited by Windy on Dec 4, 2019, 3:03 AM)

timmy tabby
First Team Star

Dec 4, 2019, 7:44 AM

Post #8 of 22 (2763 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Windy] Tuesday 3rd December 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

....Time to make inroads into this years Annual Leave surplus with an afternoon away from the administration of Direct Debits and a trip to the shores of the English Channel. After a leisurely PM of a walk along the coast and a couple of micropub visits it was time for the primary purpose of the trip with a trip to the splendours of Cheriton Road for...

Folkestone Invicta 1 v 1 Kingstonian - Isthmian League Premier Division
Prog 52 pages £1.50 - Admission £11.00 - Att 389

....Good contest between two of the better teams in the division, with the draw taking Folkestone taking to the summit of the division, though if I was one of the 53% of the UK population who had 'gambled' during the course of the last year, I would not put hard earned pounds on Folkestone being at the summit at the end of April. This was the fourth time viewed this season and although they are a hard working team with all the attributes to make the Play Offs but apart from the impressive Ira Jackson they do lack a certain dynamism going forward. On this occasion, Kingstonian were awkward opponents and their low scoring and low conceding league record typified their evening.

First half was reasonably entertaining to at least detract from the prevailing chill. Early chances for Ronnie Dolan for the hosts and at the other end for Gus Sow were angled wide and especially with the latter shot it was considered that this was the sort of miss that would be regretted later in the evening. Later in the half Matt Newman struck the base of the post during a scramble in the Kingstonian penalty area. However, for what was probably the only time in the contest that the visitors managed to gain the ascendancy, their passing forward found uncharacteristic gaps in the Folkestone defence but Louie Theophanous on this occasion was unable to direct goalwards and a further chance was angled wide. Minutes later and Theophanous had better fortune with a burst of pace and an accompanying feint to take him into space and angling a shot between Harry Newman and the near post to give Kingstonian the lead. The lead was not of the long lasting variety with Folkestone levelling right on half time with a free kick from Dolan out on the right failing to be cleared and Jackson responded quickly and his shot on the turn was perfectly placed wide of Rob Tolfrey.

After an open and entertaining first half, there were degrees of expectation about the second period with the half time Round Robin text stating 'that it would be surprising if there were not more goals'. Message to self 'Never Assume'.

There was nothing intrinsically dismal about the second half, but the openness that was available earlier had largely disappeared with midfield and defences more aware of each others patterns of play. Not to say there were chances for both teams to take the lead with Jackson weaving his way in from the left but with options in the middle the selfish gene prevailed and he shot into the side netting. Soon after Johan Ter Horst lifted a further clear chance over the bar for the hosts. From this angle, the visitors chance of winning disappeared when Theophanous was substituted and within minutes his replacement Dan Bennett located an amount of space which was an extremely rare second half commodity but with the goal approaching and with only Newman to beat, he splayed his shot nearer to the corner flag than the far post. On the basis of the even nature of the contest, it would have been an unfair outcome if either team had secured an unlikely win.

Cheriton Road is a wonderful largely unchanged venue apart from the old main stand blowing down and the seats being repositioned in the covered area on the near side. A plethora of terracing behind each goal and along the far side. There is also one of the biggest and well stocked club shops around and it is also very well organised with the thousands of progs largely in meticulous order. As one of those idiosyncratic exercises, I set about locating the prog from the first visit to the venue v Redditch 10th March 1987. Prog found very quickly.

Pre match libations at both Kipps (wonderful APA from 4 Candles Brewery) and then the Firkin Alehouse for what was one of the ales of the year in the form of a Coconut Porter from Kent Brewery, which for 5.7 slipped down far far too easily.

Despite being a distance away Folkestone is always considered as a viable midweek trip due to the grounds proximity to both Folkestone West and Central stations and the 47 minute journey to and from Stratford International. Expensive at £22.70 for a day return but as my late father was prone to say 'You only get what you pay for'. No problems in either journey apart from the final leg and a malfunctioning level crossing between Purfleet and Grays meant that the abode was reached at 23.45 rather than 8 minutes earlier.....

Karb
First Team Star

Dec 4, 2019, 7:56 AM

Team(s): Sunderland AFC, Keighley Cougars RL

Post #9 of 22 (2743 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Windy] Tuesday 3rd December 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

National League North
Leamington 3-0 Darlington
Admission £13, Programme £2.50

I've been here once before, but sadly arrived to find the match had been postponed. So another visit was needed to finally tick off the ground. I found the locals very friendly, my only gripe being that the bar could have done with more than one person serving.

A win every bit as convincing as the scoreline suggests. In fact, I don't remember Darlington having so much as a shot on goal, let alone one on target.

After a fairly even opening quarter of an hour, the home side went ahead on 16 minutes. A high ball forward found the head of number 10, who looped a header over the stranded keeper and into the net. From where I stood, there was a hint of offside about it, but the flag stayed down, and there were no complaints from the defence.

An almost identical move a couple of minutes later saw number 10 loop in another header, this time from a free kick, but on this occasion the flag did go up.

Leamington doubled their lead on 56 minutes. An effort from number 5 following a corner bounced down off the underside of the bar, and the linesman signalled that it had crossed the line. Number 11 almost made it three a few moments later, but his powerful run and shot cannoned off the crossbar to safety. The final goal came on 78 minutes, when number 11 volleyed in from close range.

"People do not have moments of truth in station waiting rooms"

prorege
Man City Transfer Target!

Dec 4, 2019, 9:55 AM

Team(s): Fife teams

Post #10 of 22 (2542 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Karb] Tuesday 3rd December 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

East of Scotland Qualifying Cup Round Three
Linlithgow Rose v Whitehill Welfare, 2-3 AET, H.T. 1-0, F.T. 1-1, Att 176 (h/c), Admission £7, No paper, Sausage Roll and Bovril £2.50
At Prestonfield

My third visit to Prestonfield in four weeks but that’s not a great hardship as it is a pleasant place to watch football. In fact it is particularly so when the attendance is minimal and many of the more arrogant home supporters have stayed at home.

This game was called off on Saturday and re-arranged at short notice- I suspect quite a few folks didn’t even know it was on. That’s their loss. It took a while to get going but ended up as a fine match with plenty of action to entertain the shivering souls on the Prestonfield terraces.

The home side began as hot favourites despite resting a few key players. New Manager Brown Ferguson took the opportunity to have a look at some of the fringe players he inherited from previous incumbent Mark Bradley. Ferguson will quickly be realising that he has fallen heir to a mountain of rank mediocrity. This season can be written off for Linlithgow as a root and branch clear out is required.

Whitehill have struggled since their unfortunate relegation from the Lowland League. They acted with complete dignity when previously immovable deadlines were extended to allow Bonnyrigg to be promoted at their expense but privately they were absolutely seething. In recent weeks there have been signs that they may be turning the corner and the team they field now is certainly better than the one they had at the start of the season.

Ross Allum’s close range effort gave the home team a first half lead but a 30 yard equaliser with 1q5 minutes left sent the tie into extra time. Whitehill got their noses in front through Keith Lough before Tommy Coyne scored the equaliser. Whitehill’s winner, again by Lough, was no more than they deserved for a solid performance against a supposedly better side. Well done to them.

The crowd was easy enough to count – around half a dozen Whitehill fans there. Disappointed by the lack of bridies on sale but the sausage roll was excellent. However, shutting the pie stall ten minutes after half time with the prospect of extra time on a cold night is both poor customer service and poor economic thinking.

Dribble!
First Team Sub

Dec 4, 2019, 10:45 AM

Team(s): Ipswich Town

Post #11 of 22 (2451 views)
Shortcut
Re: [prorege] Tuesday 3rd December 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Frmalingham Town 1 Ipswich Town Under 18s 5
Suffolk Senior Cup, Round 2
Badingham Road

Admission: £5
Programme: £1
Attendance: Too cold to count- but guess almost 200

Cold night but plenty of good football to warm the cockles!

Ipswich started like a house on fire with the Fram defence having to make a series of goal line blocks in the first 10 minutes, however against the run of play the home team almost took the lead when they hit the bar. Ipswich then did go ahead and went in at half time two nil up.

Fram got one back early on in the second half but then Ipswich put the pressure on with Zak Brown the pick of the young Town players grabbing a hat trick, a good nights ebtertainment, pity the clubhouse was shut - but tea, beer and burgers on sale inside the ground. programme great value for £1.

Last New ground; Benhall St Mary, Games in 2019/20 Season; 61, New Grounds this Season; 30, Next scheduled game: Ipswich Town v Coventry City - FAC (10/12/19)
http://portmanroadtothesansiro.blogspot.co.uk/

Bradshaw
Youth Team Star

Dec 4, 2019, 10:59 AM

Team(s): Stourbridge FC., Black Country non-league; The F.A.Vase

Post #12 of 22 (2412 views)
Shortcut
Re: [prorege] Tuesday 3rd December 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

F.A. Trophy 3rd Qualifying round replay
South Shields 4 Stourbridge 0
Adm £10/ £8 (codger but included a warm drink - very welcome on a frosty evening)
Usual food Guiness £3.50 a pint but £1 returned if you didn't want to keep the club's reusable beaker as a souvenir - I kept mine)
Attendance 612
This match was settled as a contest in the opening twelve minutes when Stour were swept aside by an opening salvo which produced three goals, Shields making sure there would be no repeat of the profligacy which let the Glassboys off the hook in the initial tie.
A fourth was added from the penalty spot before half time for good measure. To what degree Shields relaxed or Stour rallied after the break is debatable - Stour twice hit the woodwork-; what is not in doubt is that South Shields are a club definitely going places and are firmly on course to continue their rise up the pyramid. I would think it unlikely there is a better step three side in the country at the moment. The club seem well set up with excellent facilities, easy access to the metro and floodlights surely good enough to meet football league requirements.
Cup exploits however, seem to have taken their toll on the Glassboys with injuries and suspensions cutting playing staff to the bare bones. A busy last two months has seen them play just three league games out of the last dozen but now they can concentrate on getting their own promotion push back on track, starting with three consecutive home matches. Ferried back home on the team coach and indoors at 3.30 am.

ricardo
Junior Team Sub

Dec 4, 2019, 11:53 AM

Post #13 of 22 (2327 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bradshaw] Tuesday 3rd December 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Good to see they have sorted out their floodlights after their problems a few years ago in the Vase game v Morpeth 😀

Wiretown.Editor
First Team Regular

Dec 4, 2019, 1:12 PM

Team(s): Warrington Town are #1, Leeds Utd, Stranraer, Matlock Tn, Warrington Wolves

Post #14 of 22 (2174 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
NWCFL Division 1 South. £5/£3. Programme £1. Crowd 98 (Official).

Abbey Hulton United 3 v 2 Eccleshall

My first visit here since they joined the North West Counties League. Parking difficult but otherwise no issues. In fact I would say it is one of the friendliest clubs I have visited in the area. The ground has of course changed a little with the addition of lights and stands but other changes are minimal.

Great game tonight with the home side taking a 2-0 lead with goals on 8 and 25 minutes and looking much the better side against opponents who sat just one place from a play off position.

Clearly the visitors had quite a talking to at the break and came out fired up. They were awarded a penalty on 50 minutes, calmly taken to halve the arrears. Eight minutes later they were level and from there both sides had chances to win it. United struck the crucial goal in the 64th minute to take all 3 points. Spent the match with Wiretown Editor who will probably add his own report in due course.

At this indeed and like Dave it had been more years than I can remember since I last came here, well before the furniture, pitch rail aside, had been added. Two kit stands now either side of halfway. Plenty of hot food and drink options available too.
A very good game that swung first towards a home win and then a comeback but the result was probably just about a fair one

Trouble free journey both ways with a return stop off at The Bradley Green in Biddulph. Pretty functional as a pub even by Spoons standards but no faulting the single ale savoured (Beartown LIT). Excellent

All in all a good evening out

adji
Reserve Team Star

Dec 4, 2019, 2:33 PM

Team(s): Birmingham City ,Clevedon Town and whoever else i want to watch

Post #15 of 22 (2050 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Wiretown.Editor] Tuesday 3rd December 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Rushall Olympic 3 Tividale 1 Adm - £7 Att - 100ish

OK game nothing to interesting was 1 1 at half time

All on my blog now

Please feel free to visit my blog at http://adjithegroundhopper.wordpress.com/

Digdagdog
First Team Star

Dec 4, 2019, 2:42 PM

Team(s): Melksham Town, Bath Rugby, Wigan Warriors and Lancashire CCC

Post #16 of 22 (2032 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Wiretown.Editor] Tuesday 3rd December 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Bet Victor Southern One Central
Eynsham Hall Park
North Leigh 1 Yaxley 1
Admission: £8 Paper? Not sure Attendance: 46 (only 16 more than at New College last night...)

Tried a couple of times to get here including this match previously postponed. Got to the ground 30 before KO and parked quite close only to find KO delayed to 2000hrs due to a couple of late arriving vsistor players. Actual KO was 2003hrs.
This was manic 500mph hoof, played at an incredible pace and from two incredibly vocal sets of players; I have no idea if this is the norm for either of these sides. You couldn't take your eyes off the action even though most of it was unedifying.
I'd be surprised if either side controlled the ball longer than 10 seconds at a time; there just wasn't the time! Landers for the home side missed a glorious chance as they played up the big slope on 21 and paid for it as Waumsley curled a beauty into the top corner on 29 for the visitors. HT 0-1.
Second half was minutes old when the home side were awarded a oenalty; duly put away by Landers on 48. The home side then carved out three great chances but hit the post and contrived to side-foot wide in the space of 15 minutes. The visitors best chance came late in the game when a fluffed clearance from Lapworth in the home goal was fired back and the keeper atoned with an athletic push away, a second block and a final tackle to thwatr the danger.
The result was a fair one but goodness me this was fraught fare compared to its sister League in the South. Home by 1115hrs via Witney/Lechlade/Swindon/Marlborough.

2018-19 Games: 166 Goals: 611 GPG: 3.68 New Grounds: 96
2019-20 Games: 93 Goals: 366 GPG: 3.94 New Grounds: 51

(This post was edited by Digdagdog on Dec 4, 2019, 3:33 PM)

bagman
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Dec 4, 2019, 4:14 PM

Team(s): Brentford

Post #17 of 22 (1922 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Digdagdog] Tuesday 3rd December 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

London Senior Cup ( second round )

Harrow Borough (0) 1 v 7 (3) Brentford B

Admission £6 OAP , Programme £2 , Attendance 91

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Grounds Season 2019/2020 = 15
Last New Ground :Shefford Town & Campton 26th November 2019

Warwickian
Reserve Team Sub

Dec 4, 2019, 7:20 PM

Post #18 of 22 (1768 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Karb] Tuesday 3rd December 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
National League North

I've been here once before, but sadly arrived to find the match had been postponed. So another visit was needed to finally tick off the ground. I found the locals very friendly, my only gripe being that the bar could have done with more than one person serving.

A win every bit as convincing as the scoreline suggests. In fact, I don't remember Darlington having so much as a shot on goal, let alone one on target.

After a fairly even opening quarter of an hour, the home side went ahead on 16 minutes. A high ball forward found the head of number 10, who looped a header over the stranded keeper and into the net. From where I stood, there was a hint of offside about it, but the flag stayed down, and there were no complaints from the defence.

An almost identical move a couple of minutes later saw number 10 loop in another header, this time from a free kick, but on this occasion the flag did go up.

Leamington doubled their lead on 56 minutes. An effort from number 5 following a corner bounced down off the underside of the bar, and the linesman signalled that it had crossed the line. Number 11 almost made it three a few moments later, but his powerful run and shot cannoned off the crossbar to safety. The final goal came on 78 minutes, when number 11 volleyed in from close range.

Also at this as I have a season ticket for The Brakes.Pleased that you enjoyed the game,Karb. After some awful home performances earlier in the season we seem to have the turned the corner and have looked a lot better in the last three home games. One small point,the scorer of leamington's third goal was No.7,George Carline.

Formerly known as Warwick Brake

JimG
Youth Team Star

Dec 4, 2019, 8:44 PM

Team(s):

Post #19 of 22 (1676 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Warwickian] Tuesday 3rd December 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
National League North

Also at this as I have a season ticket for The Brakes.Pleased that you enjoyed the game,Karb. After some awful home performances earlier in the season we seem to have the turned the corner and have looked a lot better in the last three home games. One small point,the scorer of leamington's third goal was No.7,George Carline.

A trio of us at The New Windmill then. I'm also a season ticket holder, £118 early bird OAP offer works out at £5.60 per game.

There was a second member of bar staff who appeared at about 7.30 when the Darlington supporters coach arrived, but yes there was a bit of a queue before then.

For the record Darlington had two shots, neither on target, probably the easiest match the Brakes keeper's had all season. That's not to say it was an easy game, Leamington put a huge amount of effort in to win it, chased everything and they were first to the ball nearly every time.

Must be a hard time for Darlington fans, and there were quite a few down here on a cold Tuesday night in December!

Bantam Cymraeg
Chelsea Transfer Target

Dec 4, 2019, 8:56 PM

Team(s): Bradford City

Post #20 of 22 (1658 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Warwickian] Tuesday 3rd December 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Potters Bar Town 4-2 Brightlingsea Regent
Isthmian League Premier Division
£12 in
Att: 128

Working down south for a couple of days, so took the opportunity to tick this one off. Deserved win for the home team, with some quality finishes involved. Brightlingsea kept plugging away, pulling goals back at 3-1 and 4-2, but never really looked like getting anything from the game. Really entertaining stuff.

PBT's ground is a bit of a mishmash, but all the better for it. Entrance is next to the clubhouse, with two seated stands on the near side. There are small covered standing areas on each of the other sides, all different and two of them are off-centre, like the seats. The narrow hard standing is bordered by very boggy grassed areas. The pitch surrounds were also very squelchy, but the pitch itself was playable. Nice bonus tick.

Leyther_Matt
First Team Star

Dec 5, 2019, 10:15 AM

Team(s): Hibernian, Bolton Wanderers, Atherton Collieries & Leigh Centurions RL

Post #21 of 22 (1358 views)
Shortcut

Lancashire FA Trophy Quarter Final
Ashton Athletic 2 Atherton Collieries 5
Admission £6
Attendance 91

A game to warm the cockles on a freezing night by the M6, with hosts Ashton being good value for a 2-0 lead early in the second half, only for Colls to score four goals in eight minutes (three of them in four minutes) to secure a safe passage to a first Lancs Trophy semi final since 2015.

No changes to the ground since my last visit (apart from a few of the barriers being filled in and the tea hut being a much more substantial construction to the side of the tunnel rather than the previous clubhouse window). Access still down a narrow, unlit lane with parking at a premium even when arriving reasonably early.

KevinW
Youth Team Star

Dec 6, 2019, 11:21 PM

Team(s): Crystal Palace

Post #22 of 22 (845 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Leyther_Matt] Tuesday 3rd December 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Premier League
Selhurst Park Stadium – Official Attendance: 23,497

Crystal Palace (0) 1 ………. AFC Bournemouth (0) 0

19:30 kick-off – just like the old days.

Player sent-off after cleanly winning the ball, but catching his opponent on the follow-through – nothing like the old days.

Palace winning with ten men – simply happy days (except we could do without the 3-match ban).

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3