SotonSats

Youth Team Sub
Team{s}
Southend United
Southampton and Hampshire
AFC Totton
Not if they've folded.

You seem to ask questions for the sake of asking
I could be interested in Non League football?? I certainly dont like to see teams fold completely and often these teams do that but resurrect themsleves in slightly different forms. There used to be Oswestry in the Southern League and used to compete in the Welsh Cup as I remember! I also seem to remember TNS played out of Oswestry???

buncranaboy

Youth Team Star
Team{s}
Bostock Stanley, Barnstoneworth United
I could be interested in Non League football?? I certainly dont like to see teams fold completely and often these teams do that but resurrect themsleves in slightly different forms. There used to be Oswestry in the Southern League and used to compete in the Welsh Cup as I remember! I also seem to remember TNS played out of Oswestry???
The old Oswestry Town went bust in 1988 before a reformed entity, playing in the WNL, started up at Park Hall in 1993 and merged with TNS a decade later. In 2007 TNS subsequently became primary tenants at Park Hall which is only a couple of miles outside Oswestry

ComradeBT

Junior Team Sub
Team{s}
Wycombe Wanderers
Was FC Oswestry Town a splinter/reserve/nursery club for TNS? I seem to recall suggestion a couple of years ago that the set up of an English side playing at a decent level in the pyramid could act as a feeder for TNS first team.

leohoenig

Forum Admin
Staff member
Team{s}
Cheltenham Town
Was FC Oswestry Town a splinter/reserve/nursery club for TNS? I seem to recall suggestion a couple of years ago that the set up of an English side playing at a decent level in the pyramid could act as a feeder for TNS first team.
The two clubs had the same owner

Ladderman

Youth Team Regular
Didn't the need for international clearance make the good folk of this board decide it was impossible for them to be TNS reserve side?
Oswestry seems to struggle keeping a club alive

paulh66

First Team Sub
Team{s}
Tranmere, South Liverpool
Where do you get that from?
A quick look at Companies House filings shows this isn't, and never has been, true. Nor have any officers of FC Oswestry Town ever been officers of TNS.

ComradeBT

Junior Team Sub
Team{s}
Wycombe Wanderers
However, the financing/funding for FS Oswestry Town came from? If on paper it wasn't the same owner, what was the partnership between the two clubs and how was this officially recognised?

paulh66

First Team Sub
Team{s}
There've been various conspiracy theories over the years that TNS might want to create a vehicle in the English pyramid system, either for that reason or upon which to engineer a move into the English system, but that was all talk. FC Oswestry Town were nothing to do with TNS.

paulh66

First Team Sub
Team{s}
However, the financing/funding for FS Oswestry Town came from? If on paper it wasn't the same owner, what was the partnership between the two clubs and how was this officially recognised?
You tell us - you're the one saying there was a partnership between the clubs.

ComradeBT

Junior Team Sub
Team{s}
Wycombe Wanderers
I don't know myself, hence the fact I have posed all of the above questions to this facility - a forum - to learn more. My first question was combined with a comment suggesting some recall - possibly on this forum - of a tie-up between the two clubs.

I have merely followed that question with another to yourself as you seemed to have more facts at your disposal.

paulh66

First Team Sub
Team{s}
I assume they're funded in the same way other step 6 clubs are funded. It's not big bucks, the accounts show the club's worth as c£1k, unsurprising for a club at that level which didn't own a ground of its own.

paulh66

First Team Sub
Team{s}
Further answering some of the questions posed, including one of my own, here's the FC Oswestry discussion in the previous forum: https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=815562;page=1;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;mh=25;guest=337378659

As an aside, The Venue - the indoor sports/recreation facilities at the ground - has closed down recently too. I think Harris owned that business, and I read somewhere that FC Oswestry had use of the facilities (I'd guess as part of the groundshare agreement). Apparently none of this affects the future of the ground itself, though.

Kirby Knitters

First Team Sub
Team{s}
The Knitters.
The Venue is the ground and there is very little without it so lets hope a buyer can be found. Harris couldn't get any government support so shut it down.

SotonSats

Youth Team Sub
Team{s}
Southend United
AFC Totton
Sorry guys didnt mean to create an issue was just interested and hopeful that an Oswestry team can be reborn some time soon even if its on a local park! Lets hope we dont lose many more at this difficult time!

buncranaboy

Youth Team Star
Team{s}
Bostock Stanley, Barnstoneworth United
Sorry guys didnt mean to create an issue was just interested and hopeful that an Oswestry team can be reborn some time soon even if its on a local park! Lets hope we dont lose many more at this difficult time!
There's always Morda whose current status I'm not sure of

paulh66

First Team Sub
Team{s}
The indoor sports and recreation facility has closed down: https://www.shropshirestar.com/news/business/2020/07/01/oswestry-entertainment-venue-set-to-close-for-good/

The article states that TNS are unaffected so I assume the stadium facility has not closed down and still has TNS and St Martins as tenants. Don't know if the landlord is hiring the pitch out to anyone else.

It'll be interesting to see what, if any, impact all these recent developments have on St Martins. I don't see why they'd be any less vulnerable to the financial implications of covid and...er.. null and void than FC Oswestry.

Ladderman

Youth Team Regular
Another pointless post. Are you trying to beat Windy for the quickest to 10,000 award?

SotonSats

Youth Team Sub
Team{s}
Southend United
AFC Totton
Another pointless post. Are you trying to beat Windy for the quickest to 10,000 award?
Apologies that you didnt find it interesting but others obviously did as it did spark some interesting responses! If you do not like you dont have to engage but happy for your input! Do you know what League Morda are in?

Shropshiremon

Junior Team Hopeful
Team{s}
NWC Shrewsbury Town WMRL
Apologies that you didnt find it interesting but others obviously did as it did spark some interesting responses! If you do not like you dont have to engage but happy for your input! Do you know what League Morda are in?
Morda Folded in 2017 the ground is used occasionally by TNS Ladies FC

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks