August 10th

leohoenig

Forum Admin
Staff member
Team{s}
Cheltenham Town
In 1998, Al-Muhtadee Billah is proclaimed Crown Prince of Brunei, and hence the natural successor to the Sultan
Not bad, for a former goalkeeper, but still not quite the Pope

Ricardo

Youth Team Sub
2019 Fleetwood 2 AFC Wimbledon 1
League one crowd 2,684

Had returned from a family holiday in Mexico only the day before having missed the opening day home defeat by Rotherham so was slightly disorientated heading north on the train on a wet and blustery northern day, Blackpool was slightly different climate wise to Playa del Carmen. John Coleman the Accrington manager was sitting a few seats up from us as they were playing both sides in the next few games, and he saw Wimbledon start well and score a 26th minute headed opener from Kwesi Appiah before missing a sitter to make it 2-0.
In the second half the home team came back well and the sitter miss was to prove crucial as goals by Madden(56)and Morris(65)gave the home side a 2-1 lead which they held onto rather too comfortably for my liking, a portent of a long season ahead, not good news as we normally are their bogey team. After the game we took the first tram and got an early train out of Blackpool as yet another rail strike meant it was a scramble to get back to London before the last train south at about 6.30pm from Preston, welcome back to Blighty.

barnetbee

Junior Team Regular
Pre season friendlies
1990 - Barnet 3 Man Utd XI 0
1991 - Wealdstone 0 Barnet 4 @ Watford - Wealdstone were ground sharing at Watford due to the loss of their Lower Mead ground the previous season
1992 - Rulslip Manor 2 Barnet 5
1993 - Dunstable 0 Barnet 3

1999 - Bournemouth 2 Barnet 0 (Worthington cup 1st round)
2002 - Cheshunt 1 Boreham Wood 2 (Herts Charity cup)
2010 - Swansea 3 Barnet 0 (Carling cup 1st round - my first visit to the Liberty stadium
2013 - Barnet 3 Chester 0 (conference) - first competitive match at the Hive

Hoddy1.

First Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Crewe Alexandra.
England.

Saturday @ 19-00.
Slovakia top tier.
MFK Zemplin Michalovce 3 v 0 FK Senica.

@ Zemplin Mestsky .
See the source image
--
Image result for zemplin mestsky photos
-

MFK Zemplin Michalovce - Matus Kira , Vadim Chervak , Jose Carrillo (1) , Matus Vojtko , Lazaros Rota , Igor Zofcak (1) , Jozef Turik , Matej Trusa (1) , Kyriakos Savvidis , Christos Kountouriotis , Dimitrios Popovits.
Subs - Peter Kolesar for Kountouriotis , Til Mavretic for Zofcak , Armen Hovhannisyan for Turik
Manager - Anton Soltis.

FK Senica - Federico Taborda , Mihovil Klapan , Roberto Dias , Jakub Krc , Joss Didiba , Frank Castaneda , Denis Baumgartner , Tentori Yenne , Lovro Cvek , Sofian El Moudane , Sadam Sulley.
Sub - Marko Totka for Yenne , Luis Ramirez for Baumgartner , Edmund Addo for Casteneda.
Manager - Michal Scasny.

Referee - Erik Gemzicky.

Well I managed to get there this time , a year after my first attempt was called off after a measles outbreak in the area.
From the old Forum - ''Well its a first for me , Slovakian top flight MSK Michalovce v MSK Zilina scheduled for Saturday July 21 , 2018 was postponed because of a measles epidemic in Michalovce.''

28 x games . 1x 0-0's.1 x trebleAngler Images, Stock Photos & Vectors | Shutterstock17 x foreign.

Now blogging at
--- https://eccentricity.video.blog/ ---Do not open if a snowflake. (You've been warned , so don't blame me). 🚫

Some other games visited on this date ( Top tier + Internationals + oddities.
1974 Hamilton Accies 4 v 0 Berwick.
1980 Bronshoj 3 v 2 Roskilde @ 10-00.
1980 Avarta 0 v 1 Fremad [email protected] 13-30.
1980 Lyngby 3 v 0 Frem @ 19-00.
1989 Rovaniemi 6 v 1 Mikkeli.

----------------1990--Magellan arrives at Venus-------------------Married (idiot) while in space--
------------------------------------------------------------------------2003--Yuri Malenchenko-----
Magellan spacecraft
-- Image result for Yuri Malenchenko --

Last edited:

FinchleyFlyer65

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
Tottenham Hotspur
Finchley
Wingate & Finchley
1985 Welwyn Garden City 0 Finchley 1 (Friendly)
1987 Tottenham Hotspur 3 Arsenal 1 Att 17,826 (Chris Hughton Testimonial)
1991 Wingate & Finchley 1 Billericay Town 2 (Friendly) *
1999 Wingate & Finchley 0 Hendon 0 (Friendly)
2013 Wingate & Finchley 4 Carshalton Athletic 0 Att 165 (Isthmian Prem Div)
2016 Hadley Wood & Wingate 1 Chesham United Res 4 Att 56 (South Midlands League Div 1)
2019 Tottenham Hotspur 3 Aston Villa 1 Att 60,407 (Prem Div)

* First game played @ Summers Lane for the newly merged Wingate & Finchley

mxhornet

Youth Team Regular
Football

2019 Mulbarton Wanderers - 0 Boston Town - 0 (310) FA Cup EP

Running

1977 Southern Counties AAA Open Meeting - Crystal Palace 1500 metres 4-21.4 (PB at the time) 6th

1986 Lowestoft Carnival 10km 32-51 4th and part of winning team

1993 Duke Street 8km - Norwich 27-57 17th

1999 Midweek 8km - Easton College (race abandoned, due to gates being locked at Royal Norfolk Showground)

2013 Norwich parkrun (153) 22-36 111th

2018 Reepham Summer 10km 50-50 134th

2019 Sloughbottom parkrun (14) 25-22 67th

prorege

Reserve Team Starter
Team{s}
Fife clubs
1977, Wednesday, 6.30 KO
Anglo-Scottish Cup Qualifying Round 2nd Leg
Alloa Athletic v Motherwell, 1-4, Agg 1-11
At Recreation Park

I’m not sure why I opted for this game rather than another Anglo Scottish tie between Hibs and Ayr that night. Possibly it was because I had seen umpteen Hibs v Ayr games but had never seen Alloa and Motherwell meet.

Alloa: David Cooper, Stephen Lawson, Ian Wilkinson, Billy “Moose” Morrison, Evan “Zeb” Stewart, Jim Fowler, Gordon Forrest, Howard Fairlie, Rab Russell, Jim Donald, John Muir.
Motherwell: Jim Muir, Willie Watson, Stuart McLaren, Peter Miller, Willie McVie, Gregor Stevens, Peter Marinello, Alex Kennedy, Colin “Beastie” McAdam, Tommy O’Neill, Ian Purdie.
Ref: Eddie Pringle (Edinburgh)

The reason for the early kick off was that Recreation Park was one of only two SFL grounds without floodlights. Despite Motherwell being 7-0 up from the first leg the authorities had to consider the possibility of extra time and penalties, not that there was any chance of it happening.

In its 1970s form the Recs was an absolute gem of aground, totally different in character to the current hotch-potch of the modern and the temporary. The stand was a wooden effort, all higgeldy-piggeldy, that looked like ot had been built without any real plan. Opposite was a steep banking of mining spoil, topped by a steel framed enclosure. The railway end is the only part of the ground that is unchanged. The Clackmannan Road end was just ash banking with no steps or barriers.

Alloa didn’t do programmes at the time. The crowd was given as 900 and seemed to be virtually all home fans.

Motherwell fielded a strong side – only goalkeeper Muir was from the reserves. Their defence of Miller, McLaren, McVie and Stevens was fearsome – every one a candidate for hatchet man of the year. The skill was provided by Peter Marinello, once of Arsenal, Hibs and Top of the Pops, and the underrated Tom O’Neill who was a fantastic player.

Alloa’s side included ex Bairn Jim Fowler and ex St johnstone man John Muir. Billy Morrison, Gordon Forrest and Rab Russell had decent careers at this level.

Peter Marinello gave Motherwell the lead in th1 17th minute when he scored from 18 yards. Alloa goalkeeper Davie Cooper was being worked hard as Motherwell dominated play. He was beaten for a second time on 40 minutes when Tom O’Neill scored ap enalty after big Colin McAdam was upended in the box.

O’Neil scored his second when he finished off a good move by Marinello on the hour. Rab Russell got a consolation goal for Alloa with 15 minutes left but Alex Kennedy quickly restored Motherwell’s ten-goal lead, heading in after O’Neill’s shot came back off the bar.

The main football news of that day in Scotland was Kenny Dalglish signing for Liverpool from Celtic for a fee of £440,000 – one of the all time bargains I would suggest. His best man was playing for Alloa that night – Jim Donald.

Alloa stand.jpg
Billy Morrison
Billy Morrison Alloa 78-9.jpgMarinello.jpg

hantslondoner

Youth Team Regular
Two uninspiring PSFs and two (better) Hants Prem games, the latter two covered in past WDYGs:

1985 - 1500 KO - Portsmouth 0 Arsenal 1 - attendance est 5000, 4-page programme issued
An Allinson goal in the first half won a dull match for the visitors, who could have scored more against hard-working but limited opponents.

1988 - 1930 KO - Waterlooville 0 Huddersfield T. 0 - 4-page programme issued
The visitors put out a young side at the last minute, who defended well in another dull encounter.

2013 - 1500 KO - Baffins Milton Rovers 5 AFC Stoneham 1
First-ever game at HPFL level for the home team against a team who had finished second last season and they overwhelmed their opponents with a superb attacking display. Two goals for Pharoah. The game was played near to Baffins' current ground at Langstone, over the far side, by the portakabins, where I saw Harvest Home play last season.

2019 - 1500 KO - Clanfield 4 Locks Heath 1 @East Meon
In the end, a convincing win for Clanfield, as they used the strong winds to their advantage in the second half. Locks took an early lead from a penalty, quickly cancelled out, and then three goals after the break sealed the win. Sills got two of Clanfield's goals. East Meon, with its wooden pavilion and nice views, was being used temporarily as Clanfield were having repairs done at their normal ground.

Kirby Knitters

First Team Sub
Team{s}
The Knitters.
Blue Square North.
Hinckley United 1 Droylsden 1.
Att 451.

Midland Football League.
Kirby Muxloe 4 Causeway United 1.
Att 40.

Wiretown.Editor

Youth Team Starter
Team{s}
Warrington Town are #1, Leeds Utd, Stranraer, Matlock Town, Warrington Wolves RLFC
1991 Pre Season Friendly General Chemicals v Warrington Town Won 3-6

1992 Pre Season Friendly Warrington Town v Salford City Won 3-1

1995 UEFA Cup Winners Cup Preliminary Round First Leg Wrexham v Petrolul Ploiesti 0-0

1997 Stones Bitter Super League II Warrington Wolves v Salford Reds Won 23-8

1999 SGL Seat Cars West Lancashire League Division One
Tempest United v Lancashire Constabulary 5-2
Just a railed pitch with the elevated M61 as a backdrop. No programme

2000 UEFA Cup First Qualifying Round First Leg (@ Wrexham FC) Bangor City v Halmstad Bollklub 0-7
It was around this time that I started falling out with watching Welsh clubs in European games. Inflated ticket and programme prices, the later token efforts on the whole, and the one sided nature of games on neutral grounds dampened the appeal, even if it was against clubs you'd never normally get to see.

2002 KitclubCentral Midlands League Computer Products Supreme Division
Blackwell Miners Welfare v Sutton Town T2 1-6

My sons first ever football match (match one was rugby league). Two and a half months old. I thought this was a great little ground. Well used would be a fair description. There was a prog. It was a family outing with Andy D also in attendance

2010 Pre Season Friendly Warrington Town v Marine Drew 3-3

2013 Part hop, part off piste

Ebac Northern League Division One Celtic Nation v Bishop Auckland 1-1
A revisit having been here for Carlisle Rugby League some years earlier.

Pin Point Recruitment Northern Alliance Premier Division Carlisle City v Whitley Bay A 1-1

Played on the railed pitch I had not done at Sheepmount (the one to the left of the athletic stadium). There was a programme. This was always going to win over a third visit and a big detour to Whitehaven for the second hop game. Ironically CC now play at Gilford Park, venue for match one.

Ebac Northern League Division One Penrith v Newton Aycliffe 2-4
At the new ground and new for me too.

2015 Pre Season Friendly Warrington Town v Bala Town Lost 0-5

2016 Hallmark Security Cheshire League One FC St. Helens v Billinge 0-2
Played at their own ground, which they no longer use I think. I thought it was quite a pleasant venue. No football furniture as such (not sure if it was railed off or not now), but a ground rather than just a pitch.

Chris1963

Reserve Team Starter
Team{s}
Oxford United / groundhopper
Well I managed to get there this time , a year after my first attempt was called off after a measles outbreak in the area.
From the old Forum - ''Well its a first for me , Slovakian top flight MSK Michalovce v MSK Zilina scheduled for Saturday July 21 , 2018 was postponed because of a measles epidemic in Michalovce.''
Interesting. I wonder if any football match in the UK has ever been postponed because of a measles epidemic? (There was one in Swansea a few years ago but local clubs in the Welsh League still played their home games at the time)

norwich6

Youth Team Hopeful
Team{s}
football in Norfolk
Tuesday 10th August 1999 kick off 1945
Friendly Sittingbourne v Charlton XI at Central Park
Score 3-2 half time 2-2 Attendance 307
Admission £5 Programme £1
Charlton sent a strong side for this game despite having
started their league campaign the previous Saturday.
Included in the Charlton side were Jonathan Fortune,
Keith Jones, Steve Jones, Paul Konchesky and Martin Pringle.
An own goal put S'bourne ahead before Fortune headed
Charlton level, A defensive error and Hodge put Bourne
2-1 ahead before Pringle who had missed a whole host
of chances finally scored to make it 2-2. In the second half
Pringle missed further chances however in a rare Bourne
attack Harrison netted from close range to make it
3-2 and despite lots of Charlton pressure they could
not equalise.

Saturday 10th August 2002 kick off 1500
West Lancs League Premier Division
Charnock Richard v Freckleton at Charter Lane
Score 4-0 half time 1-0 Attendance around 100
No admission charge Programme 50p
Was spending a few days break in Southport and
with the West Lancs league commencing early was
able to take in this fixture. This was the first ever West
Lancs league fixture I had ever seen and I have to say was
impressed by the standard of football here. Charnock
played really well but were just one up at the break thanks
to a fine diving header. They dominated the second half
a penalty making it 2-0, then a defender was dithering
and was dispossessed leading to goal number 3 before a
superb volley completed the scoring.
Think I am right in saying Charnock have moved to the
other side of the toad now might get back there one day.

Friday 10th August 2018
FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round kick off 1945
Thetford v Fakenham Town at Mundford Rd
Score 1-0 half time 1-0 attendance around 170
Admission £3 oap Programme £1
Played on a Friday because of cricket at the ground next
door. A very match in which a long range first half
effort proved to be the only goal of the game

Saturday 10th August 2019 kick off 1500
Like mxhornet also at Mulbarton 0 Boston Town 0 in the
extra preliminary round of the cup. A game that Boston
ought really to have won as they missed some good chances.
After this game finished drove home then travelled
by train to Thetford.

Saturday 10th August 2019 kick off 1945
FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round
Thetford v Rothwell Corinthians at Mundford Rd
Score 0-1 half time 0-0 Attendance 197
Admission £3 oap Programme £1
Once again kick off time moved due to cricket. Rothwell
did not want to travel on Friday night or play on the
Sunday apparently. A pretty poor game that really only
came to life in the last few minutes as Thetford desperately
pushed forward in search of an equaliser.

Cricket Thursday 10th August 2000
Minor Counties Knockout Trophy Semi Final 50 overs a side
Herefordshire v Berkshire at Recreation Ground Mill Street
Scores Herefordshire 203 for 9 Berks 197 all out
Admission £2 including scorecard and parking
Attendance around 300
An excellent days play in which Lazenbury scored 50
in helping Hereford to 203. Berks started really badly in reply
and were 7 for 3 before Simon Myles steadied the Berks
innings. It looked that Myles might win the match for
Berks but when he was out for 77 a bit of panic set in
and wickets started to fall. Berks started the last over
needing 15 to win but lost their final wicket 7 short of
victory.
Herefordshire went on to win in the competition defeating
Cheshire by 42 runs in the final.

Karb

Reserve Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Sunderland AFC,
Keighley Cougars RLFC
Two doubles, 29 years apart, and seemingly nothing in betweem

Makita International Tournament (Wembley)

Sampdoria 1-1 Real Sociedad (Sampdoria won 5-3 on pens)

The Basque side featured Kevin Richardson and John Aldridge in their line up, while among the names in the Sampdoria side that would become well known to English football followers were Gianluca Vialli, Andrea Dossena and Ivano Bonnetti. Sociedad took the lead midway through the first half through
Larrañaga with Vialli replying almost immediately

followed by

Arsenal 2-0 Aston Villa
Villa had been runners up the previous season but, with Graham Taylor having left to become England manager, Dr Jozef Venglos's time at Villa Park would not be a success, and they were no match for an Arsenal side who would go on to win the League title, losing only one game along the way. New signing Anders Limpar opened the scoring on 34 minutes, while Kevin Campbell started and finished the move for Arsenal's second 15 minutes from time.

Reports copied from @buncranaboy's WDYG post

A double-header in Kent at two grounds that have emerged from pretty much nothing in recent years. Karb and I departed around 9.00 for the long journey south and despite the omni-present delays on the M25 around Heathrow and the A3, we rolled into Gravesend with about 15 minutes to spare for :

FA Cup extra-prelim : Punjab United 0 Broadbridge Heath 1. Admission £8, Programme £2. Attendance : 204
Nestled deep in the middle of a none-too-salubrious part of town, this event had a tangible feelgood factor with genuine excitement at being chosen as the live streaming game on the BBC and the teams emerged accompanied by a sitar player and bhangra drummer. Despite the name, this is a real community club with the team a mixture of many cultures and they have created a very home-spun venue at what's now called the Manak Stadium. There's adequate parking next to the ground for most games though nearby street parking was necessary today due to the larger than usual attendance. Most facilities are down the near side with a motley collection of scaffolding-pole structures permitting both seating and standing cover as well as a large decking area in front of the newly-extended clubhouse which appears to be an ingenious combination of trailer and portakabins. Close by was the tea-bar where one severely overworked lady served a range of food and drink - karb vouched for the samosas at £1.50 while my kebab roll at £4 was up there with the best fodder I've had on a match day.
Sadly the game reached no great heights, not helped by the strong winds, a solitary messy goal on the interval settling things which was eventually credited/debited as an own goal. Punjab rallied near the end, striking the goal frame and missing other opportunities but all seemed content at how the day had gone.
As expected, lots of hopper faces in the crowd with our own shifnalshrew, knowyourmarket, catchagogoal, Dr Love, colpic, The Wall, Geoff and the not-seen-for-yonks UK Punk in attendance with his lad who seemed in good form. In lesser spirits was the obnoxious Barry the Twat, ranting throughout and searching for an audience for his nonsense. A Grand Prix style start in the carpark afterwards as folk raced off for game 2 with time of the essence.
Ten miles and twenty minutes later we pitched up at:

Southern Counties East 1 : Snodland Town 0 Elmstead 1. Admission £5, Programme £2. Attendance : 45
Potyns Sports Ground is located on the western edge of the town and is developing nicely into a decent facility as the club grows after promotion to Step 6 a couple of years ago. A clubhouse is being prepared behind the impressive elevated stand which provides the only covered accommodation at the ground which is built on a considerable slope. At present, players change in a Community Centre which is a couple of hundred yards away across an adjacent pitch. A fine programme was produced and we were welcomed heartily thanks to catchagogoal's schmoozing of various club officials. All that was missing really was the teams not taking to the pitch to the sound of "Last Tango in Snodland", one of many dubious offerings from Snodland's very own bard of lewd, the late Judge Dread, holder of the record for having most songs banned on the BBC.
Food and drinks were available from a hut next to the stand with various pasties (£1.50) and sausage rolls available. More fodder at half-time as an enterprising lady came over from the community centre who'd had some event cancelled due to the weather and thus had surplus food - the Mexican Samosas (rice and salsa) were delicious if a tad overpriced at £2.50 for a small pair.
Elmstead were much the better side but didn't get the goal they deserved until the 80th minute but even then Snodland could have earned a draw with a late lob over the keeper bouncing back of the underside of the bar. Again wind-affected but that may have been down to what I'd eaten....
A couple of ticks in the area before the long journey back - firstly a scenic drive down narrow lanes and along White Horse Road high up on the North Downs to find the Amazon & Tiger in Harvel - beautiful old pub frequented by walkers but with an average beer choice today followed by a superb hour in the wonderful Malling Jug in the attractive market town of West Malling; an extensive selection of ales and beer snacks at good prices in a super micro-pub. £3.80 for a pint is pretty good in this part of the world......

leohoenig

Forum Admin
Staff member
Team{s}
Cheltenham Town
2002 KitclubCentral Midlands League Computer Products Supreme Division
Blackwell Miners Welfare v Sutton Town T2 1-6

My sons first ever football match (match one was rugby league). Two and a half months old. I thought this was a great little ground. Well used would be a fair description. There was a prog. It was a family outing with Andy D also in attendance
Does your son still count the 'tick'

Ellisref

Youth Team Sub
Team{s}
Wrexham and a general look out for some of the friendly teams I've been observing at around the country.
1991 - Southall v Farnborough Town - linesman.
1995 - Holt United Res v Hamworthy Engineering Res - referee.
2006 - Poole Borough v Allendale - referee.
2009 - Hamworthy Recreation v Suttoners Civil - referee. The away side are now Bournemouth Manor, one of the strongest Bournemouth League sides who were accepted into the Dorset Premier League for 2019/20 but subsequently pulled out before the start of the season. It was always interesting as to where they would play their home games as it would be very difficult to bring Kinson Manor up to Step 7 requirements.
2010 - Hamworthy Recreation v Bournemouth Sports - referee.
2019 - Shirebrook Town v Ingles (East Midlands Counties) - observer, att. 80.

Pawn Of Prophecy

Youth Team Hopeful

Bovingdon 1 Old Bradwell United 3

SSML Division 2

No programme. Entry free. Attendance - h/c 25.

Windy with sunshine and showers say my notes, but what I do recall is having difficulty actually finding the ground. The satnav took me to a residential cul de sac and I drove around the small village of Bovingdon for about 10 minutes before noticing a small track hidden between some houses with a small sign saying Bovingdon FC.

A reasonable car park, a clubhouse and a slightly ramshackle stand is pretty much all that they have here Still, it is a proper ground as opposed to a park pitch, so it is possible that Bovingdon could improve the ground in the future and progress.

As for the match, Bovingdon came into this as reigning champions of this division but OBU completely outplayed them. Butler scored for OBU on 5 and 40, with Cribb adding a third on 78. Home side converted a penalty on 85, which was just about the only way they were going to score.

Wiretown.Editor

Youth Team Starter
Team{s}
Warrington Town are #1, Leeds Utd, Stranraer, Matlock Town, Warrington Wolves RLFC
Does your son still count the 'tick'
He does not count any of them but it was at least interesting for me to keep a track of his visits with me. He will play sport but not into watching it. Computers and games rule these days for sure.

Steveb

Reserve Team Sub
Team{s}
England, Leicester City, Bedfont & Feltham
1989 (Thurs, 7.15pm) Friendly: Yate Town 0 Bristol Rovers 0 (att 700)
Didn't bump into Yatesman, at least as far as I know.

1991 (Sat, 3pm) Kent League, Div 1: Deal Town 3 Tunbridge Wells 0 (150)

1992 (Mon, 7.30pm) Bob Mann Cup, 1st leg: Worcester City 1 Bromsgrove Rovers 1 (517)

Not sure what the Bob Mann Cup was but I'm guessing it was little more than a two-legged friendly. I didn't attend the second leg, but a search online shows Rovers won that 2-0. The following summer the Bob Mann Cup was a one off game between the sides at Worcester, but it seems to not have been played since.

1996 (Sat, 3pm) West Lancashire Lge, Div 2: Padiham 4 Hesketh Bank 2 (50)

2002 (Sat, 3pm) Central Midlands Lge, Premier Div: Welbeck Miners Welfare 3 Thoresby Colliery Welfare 5 (54)

This was on the original ground, before Welbeck moved to a new pitch.

2215.jpg

2004 (Tues, 6.30pm) Faringdon Thursday Memorial Cup, 1st rnd: Faringdon Town 0 Shrivenham 2 (76)

2010 (Tues, 7.45pm) Football League Cup, 1st rnd: Chesterfield 1 Middlesbrough 2 (6,509)

2013 (Sat)
11.15am Football Lge Youth Alliance, South East: Portsmouth U18 1 Peterborough United U18 1 (40)

At St John's College PF, which I think was just used a Portsmouth's youth team ground for a few games at the start of the season.

3pm Hampshire Premier Lge, Senior Div: Bishop's Waltham Town 3 Liss Athleitc 1 (41)
At Hoe Road, Bishop's Waltham folded during the season. I don't know if anyone plays at the ground now.

3930.jpg

2015 (Mon)
2pm Under 21 Professional Development Lge: Huddersfield Town U21 4 Colchester United U21 0 (105)

On the main pitch, the one close to the road, at Huddersfield' Canalside training ground. I'd previously seen Huddersfield's youth team and Bay Athletic play on other pitches at the complex.

6.30pm Teesside League: BEADS 1 St Mary's College 2 (34)

2016 (Weds, 7.45pm) West Midlands Regional Lge, Div 1: FC Stafford 3 Team Dudley 2 (21)

On the 3G pitch at Wolgarston Sports Centre in Penkridge, which seems to have had a very brief spell as a senior football venue.

2019 (Sat, 3pm) FA Cup, Extra Prelim Rnd: Mulbarton Wanderers 0 Boston Town 0 (310)

Ropemaker

Reserve Team Starter
Team{s}
Hailsham Town
1991 Kent League D1 Slade Green 2 Chatham Town 0
2002 Football League D1 Leicester City 2 Watford 0 Att: 31,022
First competitive fixture at Walker's Stadium (as was)
2007 Combined Counties League D1 South Park 0 Warlingham 5 Att: 230
2010 Sussex County League D1 Three Bridges 2 Hailsham Town 1 Att: 244

Also at cricket in 1997 on the day Australia retained the Ashes, which wasn't really an unusual occurrence in those days.
5th Test (Day 4) Trent Bridge
England 313+186 lost by 264 runs to Australia 427+336

Loiner

Youth Team Regular
Team{s}
None
1986- P S F. Lewes v Lewes Rovers. 3-1.
1987- P S F. Arbroath v Dundee United 1-1.
1988- P S F. Gala Fairydean v East Fife 1-1.
1989- P S F. Hurlford United v Stonehouse Violet 3-1.
1990- P S F. Cheadle Town v Stockport County 1-1.
1991- West Lancashire. Div.2 Multipart v Padiham 1-3.
1994- Rugby League. Leeds ARL. Matt Coates Trophy. East Leeds v Queens 4-4 at Bramley RUFC's ground.
1995- P S F. Kilwinning Rangers v Partick Thistle 4-2.
1996- P S F. Bemmerton Heath Harlequins v Brislington 0-0.
1998- Ross shire Amateur. Fortrose v Conon 4-2.
1999- Scottish League Challenge Cup 1st round. Airdrieonians v Dumbarton 2-1.
2001- West Cheshire. Div.2. Castrol Social v Mersey Royal 7-2.
2005- Midlands Regional Alliance. Div.2. Wirksworth Ivanhoe v Kingsway 3-2.
2009- Teesside. Div.2. Cargo Fleet v Whinney Banks 1-0.
2010- West Lancashire. Div.2. Furness Rovers v Walney Island 0-1.
2011- Midlands Regional Alliance. Div.2. Newton FC v Roe Farm 7-1.
2013- Teesside. Div.2. Lingdale v Whinney Banks 1-5.
2019- North Riding. Premier. Yarm & Eaglescliffe v BEADS 3-1.

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks