Coronavirus

Scotty BUFC

Junior Team Regular
Team{s}
Boston United
Boris does seem to be on the mend now but he's going to have to take it easy for a while, I can't imagine he'll be happy sitting at home playing on xbox.

I've had a constant battle to keep my weight in check although I seem to be generally in good health.
He can reminisce about his time as Mayor, and play some Sim City

PaulC

Reserve Team Hopeful
Nick Robinson today:

Boris Johnson’s father Stanley tells
@BBCr4today
that the PM now needs to rest & that becoming ill has "served an amazing purpose in that it's got the whole country to realise this is a serious event".

Newspaper report 17 March

"Stanley Johnson has ignored his son Boris Johnson's advice after admitting that he will still be going to the pub.

Appearing on This Morning, the 79-year-old told Holly Willoughby and Phil Schofield that he wasn't worried about contracting coronavirus."

PaulC

Reserve Team Hopeful
... I see Stanley Johnson was being interviewed in his second home in the West Country.

If you ever wonder where his son acquired his elitist sense of entitlement you won't have far to look.

Tykeoldboy

Youth Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Doncaster Rovers
Everton
Ex Leeds Utd and England player Norman Hunter admitted to hospital with coronavirus symptoms

jon b

Youth Team Regular
Team{s}
Sheffield Utd/Wed/FC
Sorry to hear that. An actual legend. I hope he pulls through, though as with Jimmy Greaves, his age means it's a big worry.

Hoddy1.

Reserve Team Starter
Team{s}
Crewe Alexandra.
England.

007Dale

Youth Team Starter
Team{s}
Leicester City, St Albans City
Death rate falls 200 today, but whether this is reduced by weekend / bank holiday reporting, we’ll know Tuesday / Wednesday.
By my (uneducated) thinking, if the death rate during the middle of this week stays below 1,000 per day and we haven’t stored up huge numbers of unreported deaths from this weekend, then perhaps we’ve reached the plateau.
If however, we’re well over 1,000 when weekend reporting flows through, then things could be getting worse.
The experts said 20k deaths was ‘best case’ - we could well reach that number by the end of April.

PaulC

Reserve Team Hopeful
Death rate falls 200 today, but whether this is reduced by weekend / bank holiday reporting, we’ll know Tuesday / Wednesday.
By my (uneducated) thinking, if the death rate during the middle of this week stays below 1,000 per day and we haven’t stored up huge numbers of unreported deaths from this weekend, then perhaps we’ve reached the plateau.
If however, we’re well over 1,000 when weekend reporting flows through, then things could be getting worse.
The experts said 20k deaths was ‘best case’ - we could well reach that number by the end of April.
A few days figures do not make a trend.

jon b

Youth Team Regular
Team{s}
Sheffield Utd/Wed/FC
One worry is how we get out of lockdown without precipitating a steep rise in cases and deaths.

If a vaccine is developed then the route becomes more straightforward, but that may not be for months.

Alternatively the talk seems to be of allowing people under 30 to return to work, maybe in June, on the basis that they're much less at risk than those older, particularly the elderly.

That would leave a lot of contributors to this forum still social distancing when allowed out. :(

007Dale

Youth Team Starter
Team{s}
Leicester City, St Albans City
One worry is how we get out of lockdown without precipitating a steep rise in cases and deaths.

If a vaccine is developed then the route becomes more straightforward, but that may not be for months.

Alternatively the talk seems to be of allowing people under 30 to return to work, maybe in June, on the basis that they're much less at risk than those older, particularly the elderly.

That would leave a lot of contributors to this forum still social distancing when allowed out. :(
There is, unfortunately, a horrible balance that has to be struck between allowing some more people to die from Coronavirus, to avoid more deaths from the economic fallout. Very grateful I’m not required to make that call.

Mr. T

Junior Team Star
There is, unfortunately, a horrible balance that has to be struck between allowing some more people to die from Coronavirus, to avoid more deaths from the economic fallout. Very grateful I’m not required to make that call.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks