Coronavirus

Kirby Knitters

First Team Hopeful
Team{s}
The Knitters.
327 was the number released today and that is more than the entire 27 EU countries combined. Why would anyone want to visit this place anyway even without quarentine rulings in place.

Yatesman

Reserve Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Yate Town FC
Tottenham Hotspur
Yes and ignored the reasons.
Cummings driving up to Durham was perfectly legitimate as he had to access child care.
That action was covered by the exceptional circumstances clause.
When it comes to having someone care for a 4yr old you have to have absolute trust and faith in that person, especially if you are incapacitated by a respiratory illness.
Some random childminder you find in the yellow pages or on Gumtree at short notice just ain't gonna cut the mustard , not if you're a responsible parent it's not .
I agree that the Barnard Castle incident was a bit dodgy, but not exactly a doomsday moment.

leohoenig

Forum Admin
Staff member
Team{s}
Cheltenham Town
I'm not convinced about the trip in the first place, but at least that was understandable. The way they had been telling everyone the rules were framed appeared to cause this to be against them. The Barnard Castle trip and excuse are not merely a bit dodgy, but beyond the pale. Still, an apology for making the mistake may well have been all that was required. The issue is only still there becuase Cummings is still in place and unrepetentant

Unicorn

Youth Team Sub
Cummings driving up to Durham was perfectly legitimate as he had to access child care.
When it comes to having someone care for a 4yr old you have to have absolute trust and faith in that person, especially if you are incapacitated by a respiratory illness.
Some random childminder you find in the yellow pages or on Gumtree at short notice just ain't gonna cut the mustard , not if you're a responsible parent it's not .
I agree that the Barnard Castle incident was a bit dodgy, but not exactly a doomsday moment.
Why are you replying to me with this.
My point was that Cummings has a lot of enemies.
So the rights and wrongs do not really come into it with them to the extent that they are pretending.
It was a chance to get at him and his enemies on both sides took the chance with both hands.

Kirby Knitters

First Team Hopeful
Team{s}
The Knitters.
PM has took to twitter in the last hour saying "off to the shops? Don't forget your face covering.... Think we can see what is coming next!!

Steveb

Youth Team Star
Team{s}
England, Leicester City, Bedfont & Feltham
PM has took to twitter in the last hour saying "off to the shops? Don't forget your face covering.... Think we can see what is coming next!!
I wore a mask in Sainsbury‘s this morning. I was very much in the minority. Most people also seem to have given up on keeping their distance in the last fortnight :mad:

Lord Lucan

Youth Team Regular
I wore a mask in Sainsbury‘s this morning. I was very much in the minority. Most people also seem to have given up on keeping their distance in the last fortnight :mad:
Well government members have confirmed, by both words and actions, that it is acceptable to break the actual law ..... never mind ignore guidance.

Hoddy1.

Reserve Team Regular
Team{s}
Crewe Alexandra.
England.
Hope it was home made Steve and not one that could be used by Front Line personnel.
Have an appointment next week which will require bus travel, I will use a snood as a face covering even though exempt ( I think) from needing one.
Home made is the recommended way.

Kirby Knitters

First Team Hopeful
Team{s}
The Knitters.
BTP asked rail companies not to involve them social distancing as there was not much they could do. It'll be bedlam on travel with that and the covering from the 15th. Members of staff won't insist on it so will probably be calling the police every other minute.

Scotty BUFC

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
Boston United
Have you not been wearing one in shops for the past week then? It's advisable in smaller shops.

Kirby Knitters

First Team Hopeful
Team{s}
The Knitters.
Have you not been wearing one in shops for the past week then? It's advisable in smaller shops.
Never worn one anywhere but need to eat and travel so will get one in the week. They have a sinister look about them but if they help in any way to rid us of this nightmare then I have no problem with them.

Steveb

Youth Team Star
Team{s}
Hope it was home made Steve and not one that could be used by Front Line personnel.
Have an appointment next week which will require bus travel, I will use a snood as a face covering even though exempt ( I think) from needing one.
Home made is the recommended way.
We got a pack of disposal masks free a few weeks back when my other half bought some clothes online that were shipped from China. Not medical grade. Have also bought some reusable ones. Biggest problem I find is they make my glasses steam up.

Yatesman

Reserve Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Yate Town FC
Tottenham Hotspur
The wording is 'face covering' not mask

Asda in Galashiels have now increased the number of customers in the shop to 150 at any one time.
Practically none had a face covering, practically none could manage to follow the arrows directing them around the store and practically none of them could manage to stay 2m apart from other customers.

I do not blame Nicola, Boris nor DC for that. I believe the individuals are making their own decisions based on their own personal assessment of the risks.

Steveb

Youth Team Star
Team{s}
Well government members have confirmed, by both words and actions, that it is acceptable to break the actual law ..... never mind ignore guidance.
True ... I’ve decided to ignore the UK Government and trust my instinct. Unlike Dominic Cummings, my instinct isn’t to act in a way that puts more people as risk.

Hoddy1.

Reserve Team Regular
Team{s}
Crewe Alexandra.
England.
We got a pack of disposal masks free a few weeks back when my other half bought some clothes online that were shipped from China. Not medical grade. Have also bought some reusable ones. Biggest problem I find is they make my glasses steam up.
I found it interesting reading the guidelines which recommends home made face coverings to save the good stuff for the correct people.
My neighbour looks like a surgeon when he goes out.
He didn't appreciate me saying he should donate his masks to the NHS and use a scarf wrapped around his mush for himself.

Loiner

Youth Team Hopeful
Team{s}
None
One of my Nieces got some washable face coverings (masks) from Amazon a few weeks ago including filters for breathing easier and passed one on to me.

Scotty BUFC

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
Boston United
Never worn one anywhere but need to eat and travel so will get one in the week. They have a sinister look about them but if they help in any way to rid us of this nightmare then I have no problem with them.
Sinister look? You don't have to get a Hannibal mask...

I have a few from https://hyggebands.com/ - all sorts of colours/designs available.

buncranaboy

Youth Team Star
Team{s}
Bostock Stanley, Barnstoneworth United
So that was the "world-beating " track and trace system then!
Stumbling blindly from one PR disaster to another with Raab's Game of Thrones gaffe rounding the day off.
Add in the daily Trump nonsense and tonight's news round up was dispiriting viewing.

Lord Lucan

Youth Team Regular
Surely you are not suggesting the world beating track and trace system which the Prime Minister promised would be in place by the end of May is not world-beating after all ? I am shocked - we were assured we could "rely on Boris". Next you will be telling us some of his other promises have not been met either.

Yatesman

Reserve Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Yate Town FC
Tottenham Hotspur
I cant believe you're all so eager to buy in to every negative and critical pronouncement from the main news channels with absolutely no filters in place.
Have you not worked out their underlying political agenda yet?
Seriously, Boris 'promised '!!!

What are we ?? Children ?

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks