Coronavirus

Kirby Knitters

First Team Sub
Team{s}
The Knitters.
So in a desperate act the Chief Constable of Leics has warned people that if they try to cross the Leicester lockdown lines to get to the pub this weekend they will be 'risking the lives of their family and friends' What utter tosh!! If someone walks from Thurmaston to nearby Syston so what, the former is miles from the affected area and the good citizens are not to blame for the ridiculous mapping of the zones. I was on Leicester Station earlier today and the local BT Plod were asking people if the journey they were making was essential. The answer in all cases was obviously yes and they went on their merry way, no questions on if they live in the lockdown area or anything else. Short of sealing off the city these rules are totally unenforceable and I see the London Borough of Brent could be next. Good luck with that one chaps!!

pokal02

Youth Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Barnet, Cockfosters
I'm in LB Enfield which is apparently on the list of 36 at-risk places. I can walk 3 minutes and be in Barnet or 10 mins to Hertsmere. I can't see how anything like this could be enforced sensibly. (If it was all of London, they could block entry to the M25 I guess, but can't see this being sustainable for any length of time).

prorege

Reserve Team Sub
Team{s}
Fife clubs
Of course the rules are unenforceable.

The authorities are relying on the common-sense, public spirit and decency of people to stay at home for a few more weeks and not make it necessary to even try and enforce the "regulations".

paulh66

First Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Tranmere, South Liverpool
I suppose the authorities are expecting people to have a modicum of intelligence and behave responsibly. It's not rocket science to recognise that, if loads of people decide to go on a ten minute walk to escape a lockdown, the likelihood of wider lockdowns becoming necessary increases significantly.

Although, as we've seen too often already, there are plenty of covidiots who think these requirements only apply to other people.

pokal02

Youth Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Barnet, Cockfosters
I think there's a touch more common sense out there than the press would have us believe. I'm sure though that there are a significant minority desperate to get to the pub who will be walking (hopefully not driving) over the Leicester boundary on Saturday night. (It wouldn't bother me personally - the only thing I'm desperate for is some live football which I won't be getting in the UK for at least 2 months!).

The vulture

Reserve Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Groundhog
Of course the rules are unenforceable.

The authorities are relying on the common-sense, public spirit and decency of people to stay at home for a few more weeks and not make it necessary to even try and enforce the "regulations".
Common sense, decency, public spirit......very little chance of that in this society.

It's all me, me, me.....all of which is demonstrated by those at the top.

Lord Lucan

Youth Team Star
Can someone explain why it is now, after 15 weeks, suddenly an affront to decency and against public spirit to walk 10 mins to a supermarket to buy essential supplies.

pokal02

Youth Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Barnet, Cockfosters
I think essential food shopping would still be allowed in the Leicester scenario - I think they're going back to the pre 01 June rules - (I'm not sure about once-a-day exercise?)

Kirby Knitters

First Team Sub
Team{s}
The Knitters.
I think essential food shopping would still be allowed in the Leicester scenario - I think they're going back to the pre 01 June rules - (I'm not sure about once-a-day exercise?)
It's causing a certain amount of confusion because they are saying 'stay in if you can' so there were a good few wandering around earlier visiting coffee shops that are still open and they are hardly essential goods, there was also a vape shop open which certainly isn't! Doesn't really bother me one way or the other but I and many others are in and out of the lockdown area because we need to be and local pubs that should be open tomorrow have chosen not to for obvious reasons so a couple of us are out on the trains quite legally I may add!

Jim S

Junior Team Sub
It's causing a certain amount of confusion because they are saying 'stay in if you can' so there were a good few wandering around earlier visiting coffee shops that are still open and they are hardly essential goods, there was also a vape shop open which certainly isn't! Doesn't really bother me one way or the other but I and many others are in and out of the lockdown area because we need to be and local pubs that should be open tomorrow have chosen not to for obvious reasons so a couple of us are out on the trains quite legally I may add!
How do the people of Leicester feel that they are locked down and yet it OK for Horse racing and Premier League football can take place in the city?

jon b

Youth Team Star
Team{s}
Sheffield Utd/Wed/FC
How do the people of Leicester feel that they are locked down and yet it OK for Horse racing and Premier League football can take place in the city?
Would that be a big deal to them given that no spectators are allowed and that those involved are subject to regular Covid 19 testing and other precautions?

It's a case of those businesses finding a way of carrying on at some level whilst protecting the public by excluding them from the venues.

Kirby Knitters

First Team Sub
Team{s}
The Knitters.
If we were still under national lockdown conditions these sporting activities would still be going ahead so I doubt they are that concerned about it. The blame game has started and in my opinion quite rightly so and will probably not get any better when the lockdown is extended which im sure it will be.

Kirby Knitters

First Team Sub
Team{s}
The Knitters.
Leicester Forest East service station on the M1 is a cracker on the border situation.. If you arrive going South which is in the restricted zone then you are not supposed to cross the bridge to the Northbound area which isn't. 🙄

Climate Change

Youth Team Star
"Stay local" travel restrictions are to be lifted in Wales on Monday, meaning people can travel to see friends and family or visit beauty spots for the first time since March.

First Minister Mark Drakeford has said people will be able to "travel as far as they like for all purposes".

Current guidelines require people to stay within five miles of their home.

Kirby Knitters

First Team Sub
Team{s}
The Knitters.
Pubs allowed to open at 06:00 tomorrow say the Government!! Gonna be a very long day for the boys in blue.

DonQuixote

Youth Team Sub
Team{s}
Romford [el revolución]
Everton [el revolución2]
@brentwoodSunLge
Can't see how any potential social distancing fines would stand up in court after our weak kneed Plod let the Marxists have their way in London - other cities were available - the other week.

I've had an invite to a private pub tomorrow - bring it on

🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷

Scotty BUFC

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
Boston United
Pubs allowed to open at 06:00 tomorrow say the Government!! Gonna be a very long day for the boys in blue.
Can't imagine many opening at 6am, as they will still be only allowed as to what their license tells them.

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks