EFL Play Offs 2019/20

Tykeoldboy

Youth Team Starter
Team{s}
Doncaster Rovers
Everton
Just watching the League 2 2nd leg game between Exeter v Colchester and Exeter still have Flybe on the front of their shirts. I thought Flybe had ceased as a company in March? There is also a very good turn out of cardboard cutouts watching the game from the stands.

leohoenig

Forum Admin
Staff member
Team{s}
Cheltenham Town
Yes, I noticed that at the first game. I guess flybe have paid for the season anyway. If not, then I would have thought they could get a sponsor for the 2/3 games, as they are on TV

DonQuixote

Youth Team Sub
Team{s}
Romford [el revolución]
Everton [el revolución2]
@brentwoodSunLge
I bet your apron is flapping right now.... :eek:

Tykeoldboy

Youth Team Starter
Team{s}
Doncaster Rovers
Everton
Northampton came back from 2-0 down in the 1st leg to beat Cheltenham 3-0 at Whaddon Road and set up a League 2 play off final against Exeter City at Wembley on June 29

leohoenig

Forum Admin
Staff member
Team{s}
Cheltenham Town
Am I allowed to ban the next person who mentions that?

Hoddy1.

Reserve Team Star
Team{s}
Crewe Alexandra.
England.

Tykeoldboy

Youth Team Starter
Team{s}
Doncaster Rovers
Everton
Congrats to Northampton on promotion to League Three. 2 goals down at home in the first leg of the SF then score 4 in the final, against a poor Exeter side,

Groundhopper 101

Junior Team Starter
Team{s}
AFC Totton
League 1 looking very northern next season!

Oxpete

Reserve Team Sub
Team{s}
Pompey
I'm beginning to get that bitter sick feeling in the pit of my stomach that usually crops up in the days before this bloody fixture.

All of the major bookies are shortening their odds at the moment on a Pompey win for this Friday. And yet on the fans' forums, the Pompey fans seem much more pessimistic than Oxford's fans...

...About 110 days ago, Oxford were on an impressive five-match unbeaten run (though admittedly against out-of-form/mid-table fodder), while Pompey had had a mixed bag of scorelines (though against some of L1's stronger sides)...

...Pompey are still undefeated at home in the league this season, but have ridden their luck too many times in that run. Meanwhile away from home, we're bloody awful, and have lost away to every other side up the top of L1...

...In a Fratton Park with no crowd, Karl Robinson's massive gob will no doubt make more than enough of a din to compensate, and I've every expectation he'll gee them up for this one. Kenny Jackett, meanwhile, will most probably spend 85mins standing passively with his arms folded...

...All three play-off semi-finals Pompey have been involved in, we've drawn the home leg and lost the away leg by a single goal: v Leicester in 1993, v Plymouth in 2016 and v Sunderland in 2019...

...The last football match I saw was on Saturday 7th March at Shrewsbury Town, with Oxford United winning 3-2 after being 0-2 down, and scoring the jammiest of winners in the final minute...

...The last time I saw Pompey play was back in October, when we beat Oxford in a penalty shoot-out...

My heart says 1-0 to Pompey, and 0-0 in the second leg, meaning I'll look like this... :D

My head says 0-0 at Fratton Park, and losing the second leg 0-1, meaning I'll look like this... :cry:

But either way makes no difference, cos I reckon the final has got Fleetwood written all over it anyway...

oftenscore6

Youth Team Sub
Team{s}
FC United of Manchester, St Pauli, Hammarby, Hawthorn (AFL)
Lots of away wins in empty stadiums in both Germany and the UK. So don't despair if you lose the first leg.

Oxpete

Reserve Team Sub
Team{s}
Pompey
Good luck to Pompey this evening.

Thought I might try and raise my hopes a bit by watching this...

Oh to have Alan Biley in the starting line-up today...

1593749047996.png

buncranaboy

Youth Team Star
Team{s}
Bostock Stanley, Barnstoneworth United
Fleetwood lose discipline in heavy playoff defeat shock!
The manager needs to have strong words with his players. In Franglais preferably 😎

Chris1963

Reserve Team Sub
Team{s}
Oxford United / groundhopper
And consider the irony - Oxford United are now on the brink of returning to the second tier of English football, a level they were promoted to in 1985 largely thanks to the financial help provided by the Maxwell family, who had saved the club when they were in a desperate struggle for survival in the winter of 1981-82. Today, one member of that family (a former Oxford United director, no less) faces her own struggle for survival in the New York Metropolitan Detention Centre.

DonQuixote

Youth Team Sub
Team{s}
Romford [el revolución]
Everton [el revolución2]
@brentwoodSunLge
The FBI are stuck between a rock and a much harder rock.

I'm sure the plea deal will make an interesting read - probation/immunity
or she will sing like an opera of canaries - subject to survival of course.

buncranaboy

Youth Team Star
Team{s}
Bostock Stanley, Barnstoneworth United
Do playoff appearances count as league matches or "other " in a player's career stats?

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks