FAW Tier 2 and 3 Applicants 2020-21

mayo

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
Bradford City (lapsed)
Based on that list, the following clubs currently at Tier 3 haven't applied for a Tier 3 Licence for next season -

Bridgend Street
Builth Wells
Glan Conwy
Llanberis
Llanrug United
Llandyrnog United
Prestatyn Sports
Plas Madoc
Castell Alun Colts

Bridgend Street apparently HAVE applied, so I'm not sure whether they should be on the list, and there could be others who are missed off in error. Builth are 2nd in the Mid Wales League, so I'm surprised to see them missing.

barcud-coch

Junior Team Starter
Was also surprised to find Builth Wells were not included in the list of applicants. They have certainly demonstrated their ambitions on the pitch during the past couple of seasons and understood they were planning on adding 100 seats to their existing stand.

mayo

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
Bradford City (lapsed)

mayo

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
Bradford City (lapsed)
Tier 2 application decisions -

Big losers being Llanelli and Colwyn Bay. Appeals expected......

Wheelbarrow

Junior Team Star
Big losers being Llanelli and Colwyn Bay. Appeals expected......
Indeed. Colwyn Bay seem confident, tweeting "...its clear that the clerical errors can be rectified upon appeal and we fully intend to do so".

Nobber

Ball Boy / Girl
Appeals??? Shocked the FAW have time for appeals. They haven't found time to cancel any football!
Many clubs at parks level still have not had confirmation that its been abandoned for the season. Many councils have removed goalposts already. What will happen if the FAW decide football can go ahead (I dont think!)

Nobber

Ball Boy / Girl
I'm not attacking the FAW by any means! Their job is difficult enough in these circumstances.
But with the Senedd Cymru announcing the lockdown to continue to 28 May there will be no football - at parks level - until possbly early to mid-June. So I dont think there will any realistic chance of football at that level.
The FAWs biggest decisions will be initially the JD Cymru Premier and Championships with the new Regional Leagues and if these are feasible - and rightly so. The tiers below this (presently Tier 5 and below) is going to be difficult to complete to the satisfaction of all clubs so would it be beneficial to cancel all games at this level and concentrate on the new pyramid structure?

Canary

Ball Boy / Girl
One for the two FAW councillors who monitor this site: Most clubs in the JD Cymru Premier have only six games to play (seven in some cases) so it would be feasible to restart when appropriate and avoid messy disputes about a number of issues. (y)

Barbie

Ball Boy / Girl
Team{s}
Barry Town United
To repeat my question of a week ago: When are the appeals being heard?
Announced today. STM failed on appeal. Llanelli & Colwyn Bay (and everyone else who appealed) succeeded.
Two clubs didn't appeal, Penydarren BGC & one other - who I forget now.

mayo

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
Bradford City (lapsed)
Announced today. STM failed on appeal. Llanelli & Colwyn Bay (and everyone else who appealed) succeeded.
Two clubs didn't appeal, Penydarren BGC & one other - who I forget now.
Caerau Ely was the other club who appealed successfully. Croesyceiliog was the other club who didn't appeal.

Harry West

Junior Team Regular
The following clubs were not initially granted Tier 2 Certification for the 2020/21 season:

JD Cymru North (1):
  • Colwyn Bay (Appealed and Won)
JD Cymru South (3):
  • Caerau Ely (Appealed and Won)
  • Llanelli Town (Appealed and Won)
  • STM Sports (Failed)
Welsh League Division Division One (2):
  • Croesyceiliog (Did not appeal)
  • Penydarren BGC (Did not appeal)

Harry West

Junior Team Regular
FAW Tier 2 Certification Decisions
FAW Tier 2 Certification is a mandatory requirement for clubs to participate at Tier 2 of the Welsh Football Pyramid for the 2020/21 season.
After Appeals have been heard these are the FAW TIER 2 CERTIFIED CLUBS for 2020/21:
JD Cymru South (15):
  • Afan Lido
  • Ammanford AFC
  • Briton Ferry Llansawel
  • Cambrian & Clydach Vale BGC
  • Caerau Ely
  • Cwmamman United
  • Cwmbran Celtic
  • Goytre United
  • Haverfordwest County
  • Llanelli Town
  • Llantwit Major
  • Pontypridd Town
  • Swansea University
  • Taffs Well
  • Undy Athletic
Welsh Football League Division One (7):
  • Caldicot Town
  • Goytre
  • Pontardawe Town
  • Port Talbot Town
  • Risca United
  • Ton Pentre
  • Trefelin BGC
JD Cymru North (16):
  • Bangor City
  • Buckley Town
  • Colwyn Bay
  • Conwy Borough
  • Corwen
  • Flint Town United
  • Gresford Athletic
  • Guilsfield
  • Llandudno
  • Llanfair United
  • Llangefni
  • Llanrhaeader ym Mochnant
  • Penrhyncoch
  • Porthmadog
  • Prestatyn Town
  • Ruthin Town
Welsh National League (Wrexham Area) (2):
  • Holywell Town
  • Mold Alexandra
Welsh Alliance League (2):
  • Holyhead Hotspur
  • Denbigh Town
Mid Wales League (2):
  • Llanidloes
  • Berriew

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks