Ground developments thread

Wheelbarrow

Junior Team Star
I couldn't see a general thread for developments at existing grounds (as opposed to grounds under threat, or ground moves). So here it is!

Anyhoo, specifically Woking:
They have been knocked back by the council last night, opposing their plans to redevelop Kingfield to a 9k seat capacity stadium and building just over a thousand flats and a new medical centre as part of the complex. Pretty emphatic - eight votes against and an abstention, with no-one in favour. Apparently 1,840 letters objecting were received, with 496 supporting letters submitted.

BracknellRobin

Junior Team Sub
Team{s}
Bracknell Town
As mentioned in another thread, Bracknell Town are looking to move away from Larges Lane in the near future. Lots of developments going on around the town.

WorksopBlade

Junior Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Worksop Town
Sheffield United
Worksop Town are on the 3rd day of laying a new artificial surface at Sandy Lane.

There's also a few other upgrades such as changing rooms (which were shocking for NPL South East), fencing, seated areas and other general fixes.

paulh66

First Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Tranmere, South Liverpool
South Liverpool got their new stand a few weeks ago, complementing the covered standing area that was put up a few months ago. Its position behind the goal acts as a wind-break (it gets gusty down there by the river) and was also the most, if not only, practical place to lift it into from the car park outside.

The ground should be pretty much step 6 compliant now. Just got to get promotion!

Ashtree RockBee

Junior Team Starter
Bognor Regis Town have started demolishing their quaint but antiquated seated stand, plus the half standing / half converted seating stand to its right, to make way for a new 367-seat stand. They're also providing new and more substantial cover behind the 'Seasons' clubhouse end after the Lewes-style brolly covers were trashed by Storm Ciara just 18 months after construction.

Barron

Ball Boy / Girl
Yeah saw this about woking https://bit.ly/3ezamSI. They were gonna build a whole new neighbourhood with 1000 homes. Surprised the council didnt use the opportunity to line their pockets...

Sarfas

Ball Boy / Girl
Team{s}
Chelmsford City
That Woking stadium idea was already gonna be a non-starter in my opinion.

Eastern Counties Division One South side Frenford are turning their pitch 90 degrees and adding in a stand or two at their Jack Carter Centre home, after spending this season groundsharing with Bowers & Pitsea.

Cherryhopper

Reserve Team Sub
Team{s}
AFC Bournemouth, Sunderland, Barnet, Verwood Town
I'd imagine the Woking plans were rejected due to the high rise tower blocks rather than the new football stadium. OK in the town centre where I have passed some new high rise flats near the station when travelling through by train but they look completely out of p!ace in the leafy suburbs around Kingfield. They would be better off just turning the pitch around so the large modern stand behind the goal covers two thirds of one side, the two small old stands would then be behind the near goal, then they could build new stands similar to the plan on the other two sides. Then with the space left they might get permission to build flats if they are nowhere near the height of the original plans.

Chris1963

Youth Team Star
Team{s}
Oxford United / groundhopper
Or they could just build a new main stand if they can find the money to do so.

ComradeBT

Junior Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Wycombe Wanderers
I've always thought that would be the Kingfield plan too - and I believe at one point plans were drawn up for a new main stand about a decade ago. I'd have thought a new, single main stand, replacing the existing two structures would be a sensible aim. At the same time it could also increase the seating capacity on that side by say 1,000 or so but also provide for increased bar/conferencing/dining facilities to generate much needed revenues out of Kingfield from off-the-pitch. With some clever planning, the new stand could also allow the pitch to be moved 2-3 metres away from the David Lloyd Centre to allow for a proper terrace to be be built on the opposite side too.

John Treleven

Jersey Bulls are in the first stages of making Springfield less "cagey" although with a 982 seat main stand it is perhaps less necessary than for some

bakis

Junior Team Sub
Team{s}
Kidderminster Harriers
The Kingfield site is quite narrow so I would doubt if turning the pitch around is feasible. Moving it slightly westwards sounds more likely, but a site in a fairly upmarket residential area makes significant development unlikely.

Bigaitch

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
None in particular
Harwich & Parkestone have brought their fantastic grandstand back to life with the installation of 230 or so plastic seats. The stand was declared out of bounds for a long time but is now given a new lease of life. If you have yet to venture to the Royal Oak, it is one I can recommend.

twitter.com/OfficialHarwich

Yatesman

Reserve Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Yate Town FC
Tottenham Hotspur
Yate Town are currently building a small 50 or so seater stand near to the clubhouse to compliment the 250 seater stand that already exists.
Apparently this will satisfy ground grading requirements in the Southern League Premier division.

TractorBoy

Junior Team Sub
Harwich & Parkestone have brought their fantastic grandstand back to life with the installation of 230 or so plastic seats. The stand was declared out of bounds for a long time but is now given a new lease of life. If you have yet to venture to the Royal Oak, it is one I can recommend.

twitter.com/OfficialHarwich
The front 2-3 rows were still able to be used but the rest was sealed off. Plans also to replace the stand roof

Claret&BluePixels

Junior Team Starter
Team{s}
South Shields FC
South Shields have installed a new turnstile block and new dugouts. They also intend to submit a revised application for a new academy building and 900-seat stand

Kirby Knitters

First Team Hopeful
Team{s}
The Knitters.
Kettering have just had a new 250 seat stand completed at Latimer Park. I would have thought that the money would have been better spent going towards the proposed new stadium but it seems it was done for grading purposes.

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks