How soon could step 7 football return?

Wheelbarrow

Youth Team Sub
However velcro type pins are now available to keep your number in place.
I could see that working fine until the first corner of the game, after which most of the defenders and the forwards for the relevant teams will be entirely anonymous unless we add a 're-numbering break' to the hydration breaks.

buncranaboy

Youth Team Star
Team{s}
Bostock Stanley, Barnstoneworth United
I could see that working fine until the first corner of the game, after which most of the defenders and the forwards for the relevant teams will be entirely anonymous unless we add a 're-numbering break' to the hydration breaks.
Bring back the Leeds United sock tags.............

WorksopBlade

Junior Team Sub
Team{s}
Worksop Town
Sheffield United
I'd imagine one of the trickier aspects are things like public toilets for example, they're a necessity but a likely transmission route.

Much will depend on the government overall strategy for public toilets UK wide in that regard as I presume there's some legal boundaries around how many spectators you can host with no bog.

IAN S

Youth Team Starter
Team{s}
Sheffield United, Sheffield Eagles & Kendal Town
Or the Celtic numbered shorts.
Can't think of any reason why teams couldn't do this, providing no swapping of shorts takes place of course. :eek:

Sungater

Junior Team Starter
Team{s}
None
Perhaps we could go back to players being identified by their headgear. as they were in Victorian times.

Davetherave

Junior Team Star
So grassroots cricket is allowed to re-start but not Step 7 football. I suppose the argument is that there is more social distancing in cricket while football is more of a contact sport

Ladderman

Youth Team Regular
So grassroots cricket is allowed to re-start but not Step 7 football. I suppose the argument is that there is more social distancing in cricket while football is more of a contact sport
I think we can live without football in july. You answered you question anyway

Ashtree RockBee

Junior Team Starter
An article in the Bognor Regis Observer mentions the Isthmian League are targetting a prospective start date of 3rd October, if that helps as a possible marker.

Cherryhopper

Reserve Team Starter
Team{s}
AFC Bournemouth, Sunderland, Barnet, Verwood Town
Is that because they don't expect crowds to be allowed back in September? There was talk of Steps 1-6 starting at the same time which won't be the case if the National League starts a month earlier which they will have to in order to keep up with the EFL.

The ideal time to start next season would be a midweek instead of a Saturday when crowds are generally lower and distancing wouldn't be quiite as much of a problem. Step 7 should be allowed to start on Tuesday 1st September so clubs without lights can have two midweek 6pm kick-off's before the evenings get too dark.

London Harrier

Junior Team Sub
I think a lot will depend on whether a second wave/spike occurs now almost everything is open again.

Assuming the best case scenario, I would hope that Step 7 and below (i.e the amateur game) are at least playing pre-season friendlies in August. In such an event, I imagine it would be discretionary whether the clubs allow or are comfortable with spectators turning up.

Bigaitch

Youth Team Starter
Team{s}
None in particular
Yesterday morning on one of my local parks, 2 games were in full flow. Both with teams kitted up, nets up, corner flags out and one with an appointed referee....

Davetherave

Junior Team Star
What park is that? There might be a game we could all go to watch there this coming weekend

Bigaitch

Youth Team Starter
Team{s}
None in particular
Who eas the ref appointed by?
When I say appointed, I mean he wore full kit with county badge....as opposed to the bloke on the other pitch who wore a t shirt and denim shorts.

BracknellRobin

Junior Team Sub
Team{s}
Bracknell Town
When I say appointed, I mean he wore full kit with county badge....as opposed to the bloke on the other pitch who wore a t shirt and denim shorts.
Denim shorts is a bold move. Not going to aid with movement, turning in them will be difficult and I imagine there'd be chaffing issues.

This is why teams need to wait for governing body approval before resuming full contact games!

Davetherave

Junior Team Star
So what park was it then?

derekn

Youth Team Regular
Team{s}
Taunton Town
Looks like it will be back with (anti-)social distancing and masks. Witham Town tweeted today that their bar will have a limit of 30 customers. Just don't see how it's going to be viable at all. I certainly won't be going anywhere that requires a mask, so let's hope the current situation doesn't get any more restrictive.

Dave 56

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
Leatherhead
Looks like it will be back with (anti-)social distancing and masks. Witham Town tweeted today that their bar will have a limit of 30 customers. Just don't see how it's going to be viable at all. I certainly won't be going anywhere that requires a mask, so let's hope the current situation doesn't get any more restrictive.
Masks are going to be compulsory in shops from the 24th July. Will you get your food delivered? Personally I can go to football without going into a clubhouse and I am looking forward to getting to a match.

Possibly cricket this coming weekend.

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks