Ko 7:30 pm on the 3G Pitch
Thursday 13th
Aston Clinton Sports v Tring Corinthians
Ko 7: 00pm

Groundhopper 101

Junior Team Starter
Team{s}
AFC Totton
Tuesday - Otford United v VCD Athletic (If fans allowed in!)

DJM61

Junior Team Regular
Tuesday 11th
AFC Dunstable v Aston Clinton
Ko 7:30 pm on the 3G Pitch
Thursday 13th
Aston Clinton Sports v Tring Corinthians
Ko 7: 00pm
It’s Dunstable Town v Aston Clinton
Ko 7:30 pm

LeedsPhil

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
Leeds + groundhopping
Another half day off work and a 1000km day-trip because NON-PSF :

Wed 12th 6:30pm Caton United v Trimpell & Bare Rangers
N.Lancs & District, Sam Price Memorial Cup (Prem.Div. cup) 2019-20 SF
Station Hotel Sports Field, Caton, Lancaster. LA2 9QS

There are two further SFs (Prem.Div. cup & Div.1 cup) that evening, but both appear to be just at Slyne Road, rather than on clubs' proper Home venues.

There's a Div.2 cup SF at Slyne Road on Monday too, but I'm a part-timer so won't make the trek for that one.

mxhornet

Youth Team Regular
If last week is anything to go by this probably won't be that accurate, but latest intentions

Tuesday - South Walsham v Freethorpe (6-30) this is AC D3 v AC D2 so should definitely no be BCD, not that the venue could be closed anyway

Wednesday - Yaxham v Hornets (6-30) is most likely of the fixtures I've seen listed

martin55

Junior Team Regular
Another half day off work and a 1000km day-trip because NON-PSF :

Wed 12th 6:30pm Caton United v Trimpell & Bare Rangers
N.Lancs & District, Sam Price Memorial Cup (Prem.Div. cup) 2019-20 SF
Station Hotel Sports Field, Caton, Lancaster. LA2 9QS

There are two further SFs (Prem.Div. cup & Div.1 cup) that evening, but both appear to be just at Slyne Road, rather than on clubs' proper Home venues.

There's a Div.2 cup SF at Slyne Road on Monday too, but I'm a part-timer so won't make the trek for that one.
The other semi final (Highgrove v Marsh United) is now showing as at Royal Albert PF (on Full Time). May head for that one.

LeedsPhil

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
Leeds + groundhopping
The other semi final (Highgrove v Marsh United) is now showing as at Royal Albert PF (on Full Time). May head for that one.
Yes, I had seen that, and I had initially thought of doing that one (the top 2 when covid halted the season), but I'm not trusting that fulltime info, compared to this screenshot which was put on the league's facebook page, which says it's at Slyne Road :

Chris1963

Reserve Team Starter
Team{s}
Oxford United / groundhopper
Tuesday - Otford United v VCD Athletic (If fans allowed in!)
No need to worry about that, have a look at the aerial photo and you will see that it is on public land. When I went there a couple of seasons ago, dog walkers were a nuisance. The game may not even be played on the main pitch anyway.

Steveb

Reserve Team Sub
Team{s}
England, Leicester City, Bedfont & Feltham
Yes, I had seen that, and I had initially thought of doing that one (the top 2 when covid halted the season), but I'm not trusting that fulltime info, compared to this screenshot which was put on the league's facebook page, which says it's at Slyne Road :
Cross Bay v Halton on Weds is on pitch 1 at Slyne Road, confirmed by Cross Bay. Their regular home venue remains Salt Ayre.

I've seen games on both pitches at Slyne Road, and at Royal Albert PF, and none are venues that are worth a fraught rush hour journey to revisit.

Last edited:

BDA_85

Reserve Team Starter
Team{s}
AFC Dunstable
Wednesday 12th - Ickwell & Old Warden v Bedford Albion Reserves @ The Green (Ickwell) - 6:30pm
Thursday 13th - Sawston Rovers v Whittlesford United @ Mill Lane (Sawston) - 6:30pm
Friday 14th - Winslow United v Dunstable Town @ Winslow Sports Club - 7:45pm

Shambles

Junior Team Starter
Team{s}
Gillingham FC
Tuesday 11th August
Pre-Season Friendly

FC Elmstead v Chipstead
OR
Otford United v VCD Athletic XI
OR
Rochester City v Kings Hill

Wednesday 12th August
Pre-Season Friendly

Borden Village v Cuxton 91

Games: 7
Goals: 31
Goal Average: 4.43
New Grounds: 2 (Otford United, Borden Village)

Last Match:
Saturday 8th August
Pre-Season Friendly

Borden Village 2 Lordswood 1

Dog Man

Junior Team Sub
Team{s}
Bristol Rovers
Bury Town
Great coverage by the Essex and Suffolk Border League on Twitter re impending friendlies:

942FA03C-570E-4461-B5FD-17E9102C5004.jpeg

Ramsey & Mistley v Stanway Athletic on Tuesday 11th at Furze Hill looks the favourite for me. Should be no issues with social distancing.

FatCat

Junior Team Starter
Team{s}
Witham Town, Rochdale and West Ham United.
Looking on the Essex & Suffolk Border League Twitter they say that Kelvedon Social v Madrid Wanderers is on Wednesday:

Scroll down a little.

leohoenig

Forum Admin
Staff member
Team{s}
Cheltenham Town
No need to worry about that, have a look at the aerial photo and you will see that it is on public land. When I went there a couple of seasons ago, dog walkers were a nuisance. The game may not even be played on the main pitch anyway.
I think you have this wrong, if the club says they do not want spectators for any reason, then it is rude to turn up just because you can. Ask the club you are interested in, and if they say no, then ask someone else

Anything else is just rude.

Chris1963

Reserve Team Starter
Team{s}
Oxford United / groundhopper
I think you have this wrong, if the club says they do not want spectators for any reason, then it is rude to turn up just because you can. Ask the club you are interested in, and if they say no, then ask someone else

Anything else is just rude.
Leo, it's not rude to turn up for a match in a public park and watch it, as long as you stay away from the dressing rooms or anyone who may be connected with the teams. Going by your logic, anyone who is enjoying a stroll through the park and watches part of the game is being rude.

I've just checked Otford United's twitter and there is nothing on it telling spectators to keep away. Therefore it's perfectly reasonable to turn up and watch as long as you don't talk to anyone who you don't know.

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks