SPFL Season 2020/1

prorege

Reserve Team Sub
Team{s}
Fife clubs
Now confirmed that the Championship and League One will both start on October 17th with a 27-game season.

Premiership starts August 1st with usual 38 game season.

League Two clubs have informally agreed to an October 17 start but that has not yet been ratified by formal vote.

Chris1963

Reserve Team Sub
Team{s}
Oxford United / groundhopper
I saw something in the media yesterday about Ms Fishy being quoted as saying that she couldn't guarantee that spectators would be allowed to watch matches even by mid-October.

mxhornet

Youth Team Sub
Can anyone guarantee how safe it will be to mix in larger numbers by mid-October ?

prorege

Reserve Team Sub
Team{s}
Fife clubs
No guarantee of unregulated admission.

May be restricted to limited numbers of season ticket holders only. May be face coverings are compulsory. May be no catering facilities. May be behind closed doors. May be at hub venues.

However, clubs want some certainty over time scales for resumption of training and playing.

prorege

Reserve Team Sub
Team{s}
Fife clubs
League Two clubs now also voted for an October 17th start.

Quote from Neil Doncaster:

“We will, of course, continue to monitor the spread of the virus to make sure that any return to matches is safe for everyone involved and it is vital that we all continue to adhere to the strict protocols which have been put in place.
“While there is still a long way to go before football in this country returns to something resembling normality, these club decisions allow us to plan for a welcome resumption of matches. We will continue to consult with Scottish Government and the other stakeholders about when we might expect crowds to return and what Scottish football can do to help progress to this ultimate goal.”

Lord Lucan

Youth Team Star
It was stated a couple of weeks ago that League 1 & 2 football would not re-start until spectators were allowed. Presumably the clubs are now confident the government will have changed the rules by 17th October.

prorege

Reserve Team Sub
Team{s}
Fife clubs
More importantly they now have the funding to conduct virus testing to the required standard.

They are confident that limited attendances will be permitted in the lower leagues from October - most likely season ticket holders only with a limit of x% of ground capacity. Only admitting season ticket holders makes track and trace much simpler and would help meet government criteria. Social distancing and other mitigations (i.e. face masks) also likely to be in place.

As a fall-back hub venues would be considered again with season tickets only and the same mitigations.

prorege

Reserve Team Sub
Team{s}
Fife clubs

Groundhopper 101

Junior Team Starter
Team{s}
AFC Totton
Sky Sports showing 13 games in August. They have 48 games for the season. With no other football to show in August this is hardly surprising.

leohoenig

Forum Admin
Staff member
Team{s}
Cheltenham Town
I take it that the European competitions are on BT then

Groundhopper 101

Junior Team Starter
Team{s}
AFC Totton
I take it that the European competitions are on BT then
Yep. BT Will have a busy month. Championship play off final is Tuesday August 4th on Sky but apart from that and the scottish games, the main focus will be the F1 and all the cricket I guess.

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks