Step 6 promotion applicants from step 7

windydcfc

Youth Team Regular
Team{s}
Derby County, England & Borussia Mönchengladbach
Netherton United are applying for promotion and from what I’ve heard will not be pulling the plug last minute. Which they have done in previous season’s.

Atavistic

Junior Team Regular
Team{s}
Norwich City, Yaxley
And they'll be competing with Peterborough North End Sports (AKA Peterborough Sports Reserves in all but name, as far as I can tell) for the PDFL's promotion slot. FC Parson Drove will likely apply too, but they'd have a lot of work to do to finish higher than both PNES and Netherton.

pokal02

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
Barnet, Cockfosters
Interesting to see whether the FA look to take more than one applicant from a some leagues. Some Step 7 applicants will have it easy (on the pitch anyway) whereas the PDFL and CML South (Newark T, Harworth, Retford U, Dinnington?), face a bottleneck.

windydcfc

Youth Team Regular
Team{s}
Interesting to see whether the FA look to take more than one applicant from a some leagues. Some Step 7 applicants will have it easy (on the pitch anyway) whereas the PDFL and CML South (Newark T, Harworth, Retford U, Dinnington?), face a bottleneck.
In my opinion I think the bottleneck leagues(LSL, PD&L, CMLS & CMLN) will probably only promote a single club each. Whereas the the areas where the FALC wants to promote 2 clubs, will be lucky if they promote a single club(Manchester League for example). I wouldn’t be surprised to see 2 promoted from each of the Wearside League, Wiltshire League & Northern Alliance League.

windydcfc

Youth Team Regular
Team{s}
Lincoln Moorlands Railway will be applying for promotion this season

windydcfc

Youth Team Regular
Team{s}
Wolviston, Gateshead Leam Rangers & Horden Community Welfare have all applied for promotion. Hebburn Town Reserves have said that they will apply and Durham United are also supposed to be applying.

BDA_85

Reserve Team Sub
Did the wording for the number of teams being promoted per each step 7 league not get amended to allow for more than 1 team to be promoted, as required?

windydcfc

Youth Team Regular
Team{s}
The rules state that 1 team is allowed to be promoted if they achieve a top 5 position pass the ground grading requirements etc. A second team will be considered for promotion if geographical issues requires that & the step 7 league are in agreement.

Groundhopper 101

Junior Team Sub
Team{s}
AFC Totton
Infinity FC from the Hampshire League seem keen. On their twitter today.

footylover

Junior Team Sub
Team{s}
Newcastle United
Wolviston, Gateshead Leam Rangers & Horden Community Welfare have all applied for promotion. Hebburn Town Reserves have said that they will apply and Durham United are also supposed to be applying.
I guess that with multiple applications there could well be 2 down from NL. . There's Blue Star , Killingworth, Alnwick and Blyth Town from Northern Alliance plus whoever applies from North Riding . it looks like the current bottom 2 , Brandon and Durham could have a nervous end to the season.

windydcfc

Youth Team Regular
Team{s}
I contacted the FA in regards to the wording for the promotion criteria from step 7. Could the LC consider promoting more than 2 clubs per step 7 league and for geographical issues would they look below a top 5 finish. There response was:
The Leagues Committee hasn’t stated a maximum, nor has it discussed whether it would categorically go below 5th. The Regulations, as you say, do allow us to do both this season if required.

windydcfc

Youth Team Regular
Team{s}
Hamworthy Recreation will be applying for promotion in the next couple of days

windydcfc

Youth Team Regular
Team{s}
I don’t know, I just spoke with the secretary tonight and he just told me that they were applying

Stretch88

Ball Boy / Girl
I don’t know, I just spoke with the secretary tonight and he just told me that they were applying
Ye they also need two stands as currently don't have any or hard standing around pitch. Seems a lot to do but good luck to them. They look like they are running away with the league this year 👏.

windydcfc

Youth Team Regular
Team{s}
I contacted the FA in regards to the wording for the promotion criteria from step 7. Could the LC consider promoting more than 2 clubs per step 7 league and for geographical issues would they look below a top 5 finish. There response was:
The Leagues Committee hasn’t stated a maximum, nor has it discussed whether it would categorically go below 5th. The Regulations, as you say, do allow us to do both this season if required.
I sort extra clarification from the FA, on whether extra teams could be promoted from a step 7 league & replace a team relegated from step 6. This was the response:
Ultimately this would be a decision for the Committee to make. They have committed to not take additional teams from step 7 unless absolutely necessary but I guess if a team was going in the opposite direction then the step 7 league would be no worse off.

windydcfc

Youth Team Regular
Team{s}
The WMRL1 might have the most applicants for promotion across step 7. The following clubs have applied:
Droitwich Spa, Gornal Colts, Allscott Heath & Old Wulfrunians. Wellington Amateurs have almost certainly applied & Willenhall Town are another possibility.

windydcfc

Youth Team Regular
Team{s}
Catholic United have applied for promotion

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks