Step 6 promotion applicants from step 7

windydcfc

Youth Team Regular
Team{s}
Derby County, England & Borussia Mönchengladbach
Looks like you cannot begin a ground share on being promoted to Step 6, you would need to be already sharing the ground.
View attachment 66
I think clubs are either hoping that the FALC will bend the rules this season. Or they’re going to cite the Pinchbeck or Bolsover promotions. The joint tenancy agreement thing, isn’t a way around the ground sharing and I’m sure this isn’t going to come as a massive surprise to some on here. But those two clubs promotions to the league’s they were promoted into was a surprise to those leagues at the time. It was more to do with the the circumstances that season. We could have a situation this season, that x club is promoted with a so called joint tenancy & y club in another part of the country with the same agreement is denied promotion.

Harry West

Junior Team Regular
However, the FA can choose to by-pass its' own rules if it considers that the particular circumstances make it appropriate to do so!

Kirby Knitters

First Team Hopeful
Team{s}
The Knitters.
Popular in Lincs is this sort of thing and it may come as a surprise to Sleaford Town Rangers to find they are no longer playing games inside the main ground if Hykeham get away with the long hike and blag their way in at Eslaforde Park.

Last edited:

Hoddy1.

Reserve Team Regular
Team{s}
Crewe Alexandra.
England.
I think clubs are either hoping that the FALC will bend the rules this season.
Already issued guidelines to clubs for 2020/21 on Nov 5th 2019 quoting the above groundshare agreements.

ALL the previous season (19/20) to have been at nominated groundshare , can't change summat issued only 8 weeks ago Shirley ? ,

BDA_85

Reserve Team Sub
Simply quoting other clubs exceptions didn't work last summer and I don't expect it to this summer either. They will do what they want and as Harry West says, the rules aren't rigid.

windydcfc

Youth Team Regular
Team{s}
However, the FA can choose to by-pass its' own rules if it considers that the particular circumstances make it appropriate to do so!
Whatever they do, they may face appeals from clubs that aren’t promoted if club’s are denied promotion & other club’s are promoted in another region. Just because of geography. They could also set a precedent for future seasons.

BDA_85

Reserve Team Sub
Already issued guidelines to clubs for 2020/21 on Nov 5th 2019 quoting the above groundshare agreements.

ALL the previous season (19/20) to have been at nominated groundshare , can't change summat issued only 8 weeks ago Shirley ? ,
That's why clubs like Berkhamsted Raiders started their groundshare in August 2019, ready for applying now.

BDA_85

Reserve Team Sub
Whatever they do, they may face appeals from clubs that aren’t promoted if club’s are denied promotion & other club’s are promoted in another region. Just because of geography. They could also set a precedent for future seasons.
Just look at how few of the clubs that appealed last season were successful.

Hoddy1.

Reserve Team Regular
Team{s}
Crewe Alexandra.
England.

windydcfc

Youth Team Regular
Team{s}

I’m sure you are right. But will the FA state that x club isn’t a groundshare and y club is? Or will the FA advise x club to change a tenancy agreement and stay silent with y club?

Hoddy1.

Reserve Team Regular
Team{s}
Crewe Alexandra.
England.
You ask the questions , criteria state ALL season.

I've no idea, ask the people who issued statement if they want to change the wording after 8 weeks out in the public domain !

Kirby Knitters

First Team Hopeful
Team{s}
The Knitters.
Too many clubs apply for promotion when they know that they do not/will not meet the grading requirements.

Is there any reason that these clubs bother wasting time and probably going to great expense at the same time when the money could be better spent In actually making the improvements that are required to meet the grading!!

paulh66

First Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Tranmere, South Liverpool
Too many clubs apply for promotion when they know that they do not/will not meet the grading requirements.

Is there any reason that these clubs bother wasting time and probably going to great expense at the same time when the money could be better spent In actually making the improvements that are required to meet the grading!!
One or more of the following: ignorance, confusion, pot luck or just wanting to learn from going through the process. A few years ago it might occasionally have achieved something for them but it looks like the no-hopers are just wasting everyone's time if they apply these days.

There were a couple on last year's list who had me scratching my head. Be interesting to see who's on this year's list (and who isn't!)

windydcfc

Youth Team Regular
Team{s}
I’ve heard that a Humber Premier League side has applied. Not sure which one, but the only two clubs that have any sort of ambitions(Beverley & Pocklington)told me that they were a few years off applying. Beverley were the closest, Pocklington might not ever apply. Does anyone have any ideas?

windydcfc

Youth Team Regular
Team{s}
I’ve heard that a Humber Premier League side has applied. Not sure which one, but the only two clubs that have any sort of ambitions(Beverley & Pocklington)told me that they were a few years off applying. Beverley were the closest, Pocklington might not ever apply. Does anyone have any ideas?
It’s LIV Supplies and they groundshare with East Hull

Stretch88

Ball Boy / Girl
Melksham Town Reserves Wiltshire Premier have applied. Western league arent keen on reserves sides guessing they'd be pushed hellenic to make up the numbers.

windydcfc

Youth Team Regular
Team{s}
Cottesmore AFC have applied for promotion

BDA_85

Reserve Team Sub
Cottesmore AFC have applied for promotion
How many others listed here have definitely applied (openly said they've applied, not rumoured)?
The list must be due for publication from the FA soon. Little point running a regular update of those that have applied compared to other teams in the same league as we know from last year the rules can be flexed.

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks