Sunday 2nd August 2020

Dave 56

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
Leatherhead
PSF - Winsford Saxons 2 v 5 Dolphin Inn. KO 12:00. (F&N). Crowd 62

Match played at Knights Grange, Winsford, CW7 2PT. Not on the main pitch as the padlock had been changed and no one had a key! Saxons are a Crewe league side and the visitors a Sunday team from Macclesfield area.

Good entertainment with the visitors scoring the only first half goal quite late on. Second half was even better with Dolphin going 3-0 up before the home side pulled a goal back. From there 1-4, 2-4 and finally 2-5. A couple of remarkable strikes from the visitors as well

Match spent with SteveB who will no doubt file a more detailed report in due course.

rambler77

Junior Team Star
Enderby Social 4-3 Harborough Town (Sunday) - 12:30pm ko
@ Wimpey Park, Coleridge Drive, Enderby

1st game of the new season and a trip with my daughter to a village rec. Not my first visit, but I chose it due to their being a kids play area on site.

The game wasn't too bad - Enderby were 3-0 up @ half time and were in total control. The second half saw the visitors have the better of things and deservedly made it 3-3. Enderby's winner came via a complete f**k up from the visitors keeper. He thought a tame free kick was going wide, only for it to hit the post and spin into the net.

Spent the game in the company of a fellow Leicestershire based hopper, who also watched Enderby Social's reserves take on AFC White Horse prior this game.

Digdagdog

Youth Team Sub
Team{s}
Melksham Town, Bath Rugby, Lancashire CCC, Wigan Warriors
PSF
Tucker Park 1345hrs ko
Faringdon Town 3(0) The Globe FC 2(0)
F&N Attendance: 20+

Old Step 8 meeting between Hellenic Two homesters and Swindon & District Premier visitors, Played on a pitch at right angles to the railed regular pitch this was a good contest with some good football played by two pretty equal teams, No goals in the first half but the away side came closest with a fierce angled drive, palmed away. 0-0 at HT.
Second half was much the same until the drinks break and the homw side led with a beauty; a low drive into the bottom corner on 67. This was cancelled out on 69 with a similar goal for the visitors. Globe were awarded a penalty on 78, which was saved but scored on the rebound. Two sucker punches on 83 and 86 saw the home side edge it, both involving crisp passes and good footwork to slot home.
No refreshments on sale and it was a good job I turned up early as the advertised KO was 1400hrs. Home in 50 via Avebury and Devizes.

Steveb

Reserve Team Hopeful
Team{s}
England, Leicester City, Bedfont & Feltham
PSF - Winsford Saxons 2 v 5 Dolphin Inn. KO 12:00. (F&N). Crowd 62

Match played at Knights Grange, Winsford, CW7 2PT. Not on the main pitch as the padlock had been changed and no one had a key! Saxons are a Crewe league side and the visitors a Sunday team from Macclesfield area.

Good entertainment with the visitors scoring the only first half goal quite late on. Second half was even better with Dolphin going 3-0 up before the home side pulled a goal back. From there 1-4, 2-4 and finally 2-5. A couple of remarkable strikes from the visitors as well

Match spent with SteveB who will no doubt file a more detailed report in due course.
Good to catch up with Dave56 after the elongated break. My more detailed report (not that much more detailed if I'm honest) is on my blog.

dtr1989

Junior Team Sub
Team{s}
Bury FC
Totty Robins 1-7 Woodbank
Venue: Redvales playing field, Bury
Attendance: 8 (h/c)

Pre season friendly between newly formed Sunday league side Totty Robins and long established Woodbank. Woodbank were a well organised side and played some good stuff, the same couldn’t have been said for Totty unfortunately.

I lost all respect for Woodbank following posting on twitter I had been there and some goon player arguing to the teeth that the score was 8-1 - it wasn’t. Totty Robins reported the score as 7-1 also and the same goon started laying into the newly formed side calling them crap etc. Simply uncalled for.

hemelhopper

Youth Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Hemel Hempstead Town; Trust Portsmouth FC and the Reds of Cincinnati
Popped out to watch a couple PSF games at local 3G cages, both within School grounds .. and both with floodlights .. just no fixed furniture or room on the respective side lines .. parking ok at both venues.

Sarisbury Spartans 6-2 AFC Sparta
- played at Swanmore College from 10.0am .. nice setting at rear of site, with high ground to the north of cage providing enjoyable views .. just the five spectators on hand.

Spartans (in orange and black .. of the Southampton Saturday League) hit the cross bar three times before they really got going .. scoring three goals in each half. Sparta (in red and black .. from the City of So’ton Sunday League) plugged away .. scored first but unable to handle a very useful strike force.

Southsea United 7-1 Padnell Rovers
- played at Priory School, Portsmouth from 1.15pm (up the road, from Fratton Railway Station) .. a smaller pitch but nearer 30 in attendance to watch this one.

Both Clubs play in the City of Portsmouth Sunday League .. United are a new team (resplendent in their new kit of purple and white) .. Rovers a bit lacking in kit (all black with blue stripes to shirt), using a few fluorescent bibs for the rotating subs. This game very much more one sided .. the victorious side having good pace, clinical strikers and solid / tall defenders .. they will go very well in their assigned league this season.

Enjoyable couple of games and good to see everyone out playing their Sunday football again.

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks