What else do groundhoppers tick?

Davetherave

Junior Team Regular
I read the post by Chris where he ticked a new bus route. I have also heard about groundhoppers ticking pubs. What else do groundhoppers tick?

Mike s

Junior Team Hopeful
I tick the severity of my aspergers

In the past the list has included grounds or venues for about 8 sports and also ticked bands seen

Have dabbled with bus and train numbers. Also have possibly the best one per club collection of RL progs

When about 10 collected Lewisham Council vehicles plus at time coins and stamps

pretty much the fault of parents as mum used to collect pub names but she had to see the pub, village signs and when letters were stamped at the local post office, the franking stamps on letters. Father was more mundane just buses and trains.

also have six kids but that’s a collection rather than a tick

Mike s

Junior Team Hopeful
I also record every time I step foot in a borough but stop once the total is 100

railway lines rather than bus routes but only as part of a journey and last did excursion in about 1975

having admitted all this might be a relief won’t see anyone on here for a while

might have to pretend my kids hacked this

R.S.Cavendish

Junior Team Regular
I know of hoppers who collect receipts for coffee from every Macdonalds they visit. The same for Costas.

I think the best one I heard about was the hopper who collected details of the lifeboats he had seen.

WestSussexSAFC

Ball Boy / Girl
Team{s}
Sunderland. Paris Saint-Germain.
Train stations in the UK. Nothing as outlandish as groundhopping, nor do I take photos but always tend to add them to google maps. F0921C19-FE66-4304-A90A-A25D53361CEE.jpeg

Steveb

Youth Team Starter
Team{s}
England, Leicester City, Bedfont & Feltham
Nothing .... other than football grounds.

I sometimes go to other sports, to gigs, and I sometimes use trains, branches of McDonalds and visit pubs and restaurants, but I don‘t keep any written records of those.

Maybe the fact that I don’t makes me weirder than I thought? :unsure:

buncranaboy

Youth Team Starter
Team{s}
Bostock Stanley, Barnstoneworth United
Then there was the hopper who collected pie wrappers from each ground visit. Northern, obviously.
The story also alleged that he had to have them signed as well.
We saw him in action at Prestwich Heys some years back

Bigaitch

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
None in particular
I know of hoppers who collect receipts for coffee from every Macdonalds they visit. The same for Costas.

I think the best one I heard about was the hopper who collected details of the lifeboats he had seen.
My father is an avid fan of the lifeboats, which stemmed from him growing up in Skegness and the crew were made up of his schoolmates dads. He has had a passion for them ever since and has seen many, although he does not keep a record. However, if you asked him which ones he has seen he would tell you the name of the boat, the town, the class of boat and it’s launch method.

Me, footy grounds and I guess that is it....

Arnold Snitchitt

Junior Team Sub
Then there was the hopper who collected pie wrappers from each ground visit. Northern, obviously.
The story also alleged that he had to have them signed as well.
We saw him in action at Prestwich Heys some years back
I think you're a week early. ;)

Karb

Youth Team Regular
Team{s}
Sunderland AFC,
Keighley Cougars RLFC
I use the Untappd app to track beers I've drunk, and I have a spreadsheet of every Sunderland programme I have in my collection. Think that's all.

buncranaboy

Youth Team Starter
Team{s}
What about "cranking " which I believe is the term for travelling on rail lines?

Lord Lucan

Youth Team Sub
'Ticking' to me suggests that you must have a list against which you place the ticks. As I don't have any such lists does that mean I am not a groundhopper ?

As for all that about pie wrappers, sounds like our resident Irishman has swapped Hamlet for wacky baccy, or worse :D

buncranaboy

Youth Team Starter
Team{s}
It was mentioned by occasional poster villahopper who was a right cranker himself.

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks